Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sha Touched weapon effects.

I was reading around on here and keep seeing people say sha touched weapons have effects for multiple classes. Well only one I've seen really priest shadowfiend and warrior execute.

Anyway anyone know if locks have one? I have Loshan, Terror Incarnate and its gemmed ill play around and see what i can find.

Hm, actually didn't know they had special effects for certain abilities. Looking forward to hearing back on what you find out!

What does it do to execute ?

I know for spriests it turns shadowfiend into a sha, which is awesomel
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Recently got the strength 1h, nothing seems different

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Hm, actually didn't know they had special effects for certain abilities. Looking forward to hearing back on what you find out!
    I actually don't know i saw multiple ppl reference it tho. No luck so far in finding soemthing it works with for locks. Maybe it has to be certain weapons. Does anyone know if the priest effect is only with the mace?

I'd not heard of it changing Warrior's execute, only Shadowfiends.
    You got a video for that?

I got Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker staff last week in LFR. I had a brown wooden handle and green glowing orb. I logged in last night after 5.1 hits and it's all dark looking with a purple and black swirling orb with sha ash falling off of it. Seriously looks kick ass now. I haven't seen any effects though. I'll keep an eye out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shadow priest effect only works with the mace. As far as I know, no other effects have been found.

Since its the Warlock forum, I wonder why so many ppl are fine with the idea of spriests getting a sha skinned summon instead of the Warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Since its the Warlock forum, I wonder why so many ppl are fine with the idea of spriests getting a sha skinned summon instead of the Warlocks.
    You and your green fire quest chain can shh. It's fine for someone else to get special things. Besides, sha are shadowy. Not demony.

Deleted
    i also heard that shadowfiend gets off gcd so it actually has a dps increasing effekt. but im not sure, since i couldnt test it myself.

Because the Shaspawn is a reskinned Shadowfiend.

Maybe because Sha aren't demons.

Come on it's not as if locks haven't had their entire class revamped again. Locks are one of the most fun/unique/special classes in the game by far now.

i hope deathknights get something cool O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Because the Shaspawn is a reskinned Shadowfiend.
    If it was that easy to give pets a makeover then why cant our pets, which have been reskined/reused to hell and back, be given a random quality, that they summon different looking models?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    If it was that easy to give pets a makeover then why cant our pets, which have been reskined/reused to hell and back, be given a random quality, that they summon different looking models?
    Why would they be?

I am surprised once again how people fail to understand how lore themes work. Since the beginning of mop, sha have been a quite vague figure that described a malicious incarnation of emotions that assembled a threat in this expansion. However, given the fact that you speak demonic in some instances and locks got sha skinned tier, many would have expected that the sha were meant to be controlled by locks in the future.

However, it appears as if all of that was merely one of the typical ways of teasing locks, ending up in shadowpriest getting all the cool and deeper things like it always has been. It feels like shadowpriests get all the mysterious dark stuff and locks stick with the flashy bossy themes that have been introduced even since the 80's or something. One thing is fel fire, a concept introduced at a previous century as a filthy impression of dark powers. Locks get to stick with that while priests most likely get the power to manipulate emotions similar to how they do with minds and recently with the void or old gods.

The reason I am ranting about this is that I play both classes and chose warlock at first due to it being a pure dps class, yet feel like I have done the same mistake I did in wotlk. And yes I am talking about rp and lore reasons.

I am surprised once again how people fail to understand how lore themes work. Since the beginning of mop, sha have been a quite vague figure that described a malicious incarnation of emotions that assembled a threat in this expansion. However, given the fact that you speak demonic in some instances and locks got sha skinned tier, many would have expected that the sha were meant to be controlled by locks in the future.

However, it appears as if all of that was merely one of the typical ways of teasing locks, ending up in shadowpriest getting all the cool and deeper things like it always has been. It feels like shadowpriests get all the mysterious dark stuff and locks stick with the flashy bossy themes that have been introduced even since the 80's or something. One thing is fel fire, a concept introduced at a previous century as a filthy impression of dark powers. Locks get to stick with that while priests most likely get the power to manipulate emotions similar to how they do with minds and recently with the void or old gods.

The reason I am ranting about this is that I play both classes and chose warlock at first due to it being a pure dps class, yet feel like I have done the same mistake I did in wotlk. And yes I am talking about rp and lore reasons.
    You are bringing this up AGAIN??

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle
    Warlock themes, are to do with demons (specifically, the burning legion), fel magic (a breed of magic stemming in power from the burning legion), and a mastery of high-form magic (teleportation, pyromancy, etc) and in the case of affliction - they deal specifcially in spreading afflictions. The important thing to note, especcially in the case of Affliction (as it is the closest point of thematic overlap) is that Corruption or Unstable Affliction or Malefic Grasp or Drain Life / Soul - all of these are based in manifesting something essentially physical from the ether (Corrupting a target or afflicting them, draining them, grasping them, etc).

Destruction - being probably the furthest thematically from Shadow - is more akin to a Sorcerous Pyromancer - they are something along the lines of Fire Mages who - in their quest for still greater power - have begun dabbling in black magic. Demonology warlocks are very specifically thematically associated with the Burning Legion connection that warlocks all share - they transform into demons, they summon and command more powerful demons. The Affliction warlock is the closest thematically to a Warlock proper - but they are a far, far cry from being a Shadowpriest: what do I mean by a Shadowpriest then?

A Shadowpriest is, first and foremost, a Priest. We all began as priests - but - though our individual stories may differ - we became fascinated with the opposite of the Light. If "Know Your Enemy" is the first rule of war, Priests - who normally studiously study the Light - became a little too interested in the absence of light. That is why we are called "Shadow" priests, we are those priests who eschewed the light as we came to recognize that the true power to achieve our means came from knowing both sides of the coin, and then - when we have fully fallen - to going to whatever means necessary to achieve our ends. If you have heard the expression "When all you have is a hammer, every problem is a nail" - well, Shadowpriests were Priests, then Priests who knew Shadow magic, and then priests who decided the best way to heal their friends was to speak the word "Death" to those that would harm them (as a hammer to a defiant nail).

If you look at the spell set of the Spriest in particular (but also Priests in general) the power of the mind over the mind is far more important to us than the manipulation or manifestation of physical realities. We don't summon fire or demons or ice or teleport - all things I previously called high-form magic. All our spells deal with control over the mind - either ours or our opponents. Read these spell names out loud and think about the difference between a spell which manifests something physical (like a Chaos Bolt being a giant ball of fire) and something which is purely an abstraction of the mind:

Psychic Scream, Horror, Psyfiend
    Mind Flay, Blast, Control, Bender
    Silence, Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death, Power Word: Shield

If I speak the word Pain, you feel it. If I say the word Death - and you are in a weakened state - you die - I didn't hit you in the face with a 12 foot sword, or immolate you in a wave of otherworldly fire - I merely told you that you were dead, and you believed me and stopped pumping your heart. Even spells like Inner Fire are a common reference to strong Willpower.

Ok, so shadowpriests are priests, who are particularly invested in the powers of the mind over itself and others - but what does this have to do with the Sha? The Sha are physical manifestations of emotions, in a very big and important way - a Sha is not actually there when you fight it - it's a construct - an idea - in your mind. It doesn't have internal organs, mama Sha's don't give birth to baby Sha's, Sha's do not die of old age. A priest - but a shadowpriest in particular - would have special interest in the ability of emotions to control, terrify, or empower their allies. The Sha of Anger, or Fear, or Despair - these are all manifestations of your mind: they are not demons. They are not even really high-form magic - but as you point out - they are something deeper, often more sinister but subtle. If a priest flays your mind, we do not whip out an egg beater and stir your brains around into mush - we discombobulate your thoughts (the flaying is metaphorical). Everything that a Spriest does, and everything that a Sha does - are fundamentally similar - we insert or subtract thoughts from your mind, we strip your will, we emit dread: but we don't throw fireballs or summon demons or huck fistfuls of virus and diseases at you.

The void - in wow lore or any other that I can think of - has Zero to do with wow-style warlocks. By its very definition, the Void is an absence - in WoW's case - of the Light. It is why we ourselves appear as nothing but a Shadow cast over anything we stand before, it is why our pets are similarly voids of light - fiends without physical form. Void tendrils aren't physical objects (despite Blizzards balance-based choice to make them punchable - presumably this represents mental struggle). Even the ability Void Shift - makes our health pools the opposite, just as we are opposite - antithesis of the Light. The idea of Void has infinitely more to do with Light than it does with Demonology, or Affliction, or Destruction - Void is practically a synonym for Shadow.

Now, if you wanted to talk about thematic overlap - the warlock spell Fear makes no sense for warlocks to have - that should be a priest spell. Conversely, Devouring Plague should be an Affliction spell - we spriests don't really have anything to do with diseases and plagues, that's warlock thing. I can explain why we have DP however, originally - DP was an Undead Priest-only spell (and it makes tons of sense for the Undead to have Devouring Plague), but then when it was overpowered - Blizzard gave it to all priests - then when they redesigned our class - they made it our finisher.

So, if you like - we can talk to the GMs and see if they will exchange Fear for Devouring Plague - on the grounds that it makes more sense thematically

Edit: Also would just like to point out, that Sha very clearly is a shortening of the word Shadow. As in Shadow of Anger, Shadow of Fear, Shadow of Despair - supported not only by their lore / stories / things they say - but also by the fact that they are giant swirling formless shadows. Also, when you get very close to a Sha - your world becomes grey and colourless - as though there wasn't very much Light present. The idea of the world becoming grey is also a common euphemism for severe depression (a psychological, but not physical - condition).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    That's a really good read thanks for that.

I don't have a problem with only shadow priest having a Sha touched weapon effect, But I was hoping for more. And not just for warlocks, for all classes. I think the special effects from the Challenge mode armor is very cool and it would be interesting to see more gear having similar one use effects.

Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    Yes, its my opinion, didn't offend anyone.