Poll: would you like more dungeon in MoP for lvling?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile Only 4 dungeon for 85-90?

Hi everyone, first of all I'm not a perfect bilingual so dont mock my speaking plz.

Ok am I the only one to think that blizz should have make more then 4 dungeons to lvl in? it'S kinda borin to do the same over and over and over for 2 lvl on 4 deferent toon, then you finally hit the 88 so you finally unlock a new one but to bad you have to run the same 2 old one again and again too since it would be boring to do same dungeons for 1 lvl x4,

Ok maybe I'm just complaining over here but they couldhave done at least 2 per lvl...

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried questing rather than grinding 5 mans?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

quests will level you quicker than trying to dungeon grind 85-90.

i only did the dungeons when i had quests for them, otherwise, i left them alone until i could do them on heroic. you can make a decent amount of gold from questing too.

i did 80-85 by herbing on one toon, mining on another and through a dungeon grind on another. none of those are real options now. lack of flying kinda killed off the levelling via gathering and the ridiculous amount of XP you need to level compared to the ridiculously low amount of XP you get from MoP dungeon mobs kinda killed that route too.

it can still be done that way, but it's long and tedious.
    <insert witty signature here>

I don't get why they didn't make every "heroic" dungeon available while leveling. They even have quests, which are totally pointless at 90 (wow, 40g; thanks a bunch).

I can only guess that they couldn't be assed to change the numbers up slightly, to make the doable for lower level characters... though it's not like you couldn't have done them while leveling in their current state anyway, considering how easy they are.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Hey, lots of respect for speaking (and writing) more than one language -- no need to apologize.

I agree though. Two instances between 85-87 and another two from 87-89. I quickly got bored and very little xp for when the first two would pop in a random. Blizz normally does a good job in evenly spreading out options for every play style but I think they could have added another 1-2 for that stretch of levels for people who enjoy instance grinding.

Grinded two Chars always rested through Dungeons and after the 25th Mogushan Palace it was just awful.
    Much better than doing the boring-as-fuck Quests again though.

I didn't do a single dungeon while levelling, so I don't really mind either way.

Deleted
    This was the only thing that annoyed me while levelling tbh.

I was stoked when they announced there would be no level 90 dungeon like GB, HoO and LCoT.

I thought that we would get 7 5 mans leveling up.

I expected 2 at 85-86
    2 more at 87
    2 more at 88
    and last one at 89.

I was pretty gutted when we got 4 in total.

This is actually even worse than cata as at least you could select to do GB, HoO and LCoT at 84.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Have you tried questing rather than grinding 5 mans?
    Yea welll I dont really like questing that's the problem...

it's just that only 4 dungeon for a new x-pac I find that a little slacking from blizzard, since they are use to please everyone in wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    well blizzards philosophy for that addon was to get the players into the world, so the world does not feel as empty as the last two expansions felt.
    with that philosophy in mind you just cant expect like 10 dungeons for 5 levels and expect dungeon grinding being faster than questing.

to ensure good leveling speed you should instantly move to the next area once you level up. so when you hit 86, go either (!) krasarang or (!) four winds. when you hit 87, go kun lai. when you hit 88, go townlong. when you hit 89, go dread wastes. only important thing is, when you go kun lai, when you check the quests, aim for the quests in the WEST of the area. you need that one quest line with the caravan to get the quest leading into townlong. I didn't do that on my second char, and I didn't receive a quest at the hub in townlong, so I had to do them first.

and I'm afraid, leveling will be fast, and dungeoning will be boring, because you do the dungeons so often. but at the end it always was like this. don't even remember me of cataclysm. the only dungeon you get from 82 to 84 was stonecore. stonecore all the way. stonecore here, stonecore there. So I guess it basically is the same for mop. and other than cataclysm or wotlk, I actually enjoyed leveling in mop with questing, so I did not do one single dungeon on the way to 90, and when I hit 90, I had itemlevel of 437. back then, I needed one extra item to have the required itemlevel for heroics, and nowadays that would be sufficient for heroics. so you ding 90 and instantly jump into heroics. without having done the normal dungeon even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I expected 2 at 85-86
    2 more at 87
    2 more at 88
    and last one at 89.
    If they had done this, your experience would be ... largely unchanged.

I'm assuming you aren't running in a guild group and are using LFD (I think that's a pretty fair assumption as this stage of the expansion). In LFD it's lowest common denominator - if you are 88 and the tank you get paired with is 86 ... guess where you are headed. So you do Ramps and UK until you feel like you're part of the furniture, and never get to see some of the other ones unless you queue specific.

IMO I think this is just another sign of Blizzard's laziness.........sad but true. I alot of my toons are tank/healers and I enjoy running instances and I was shocked when I learned that I had to run the same 2 over and over until like 88?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

yeha I completly understand that they wanted us to be in the world doin quest ect.. but it'S not everyone that like to quest and I personnaly enjoy more doin dungeon. it's only that making 4 short dungeon is like dont give a damn about people that like running dungeon. I'm not asking of corse for an 1hr dungeon where you have 6 boss in it. but the first dungeon where you have 3 trash mob pack between each boss... and it's all square around, it's a lack of commitment I think from the DEV that decide we have to quest. in wrath at lesat you had a few dungeon for lvling and why being with that 5 lvl mentality I prefered the 10lvl x-pac where you actually see content for what you paid.

I just wish next x-pac will be a 10lvl one and we will get more dungeon on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirote View Post
    yeha I completly understand that they wanted us to be in the world doin quest ect.. but it'S not everyone that like to quest and I personnaly enjoy more doin dungeon
    That's the problem with Blizzard. They ping pong from one extreme to another..People cried that they want to see more players in the world? Blizz made sure that you'll be there always.. Be it questing to 90, dailies grinding, motes grinding..they pretty much made dungeon power leveling unviable.. I know you can do it but the dungeon quests and dungens on their own reward so little XP that it's way slower than questing :/ I don't like that, I enjoy dungeons far more than questing.. But meh, what else can we do? Prolly wait for next expansion where everyone will be so tired of "be in the world" that Blizz will shift 180 degrees again..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

it's more effiecient to quest or do bgs than grind 5mans during leveling now. blizzard shoul'dve added a few more dungeons for a change in pace while leveling.

well let's wish that some DEV come by and see this post , I no for now we are only 63 that vote but still a lot of the vote goes on the more instance.

Blizzard know how to make money and by investing time in 4 dungeon only it's cost less, and by making a 5 lvl x-pac instead of 10 it's cost less too. the only problem here is that we are taking the slap...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephirote View Post
    well let's wish that some DEV come by and see this post , I no for now we are only 63 that vote but still a lot of the vote goes on the more instance.

Blizzard know how to make money and by investing time in 4 dungeon only it's cost less, and by making a 5 lvl x-pac instead of 10 it's cost less too. the only problem here is that we are taking the slap...
    Blizz only unofficially reads these forums, if you'd want a response from em, you're better off posting this on the WoW forums.

OT: 4 dungeons seems fine to me, to be honest. But then again, I just quest and queue up for each dungeon once (for the quests), and just spam the heroic versions at 90.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Yeah quite a bit lackluster but knowing that this would take away "precious developer time" elsewhere no. I only grind anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    They want you to quest, not sit in SW/Org and spam LFD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Yeah quite a bit lackluster but knowing that this would take away "precious developer time" elsewhere no. I only grind anyways.
    So we would get less dailies? Any time of the day!
    but it'S not everyone that like to quest and I personnaly enjoy more doin dungeon.
    I'd even say that not all roles are equally "viable" for questing. And it is really fun to sometimes see tears of lv88-89 dps about how mobs take long to kill, they don't really know what does it mean to level as tank or healer in MoP.