Deleted

pvp t1 2h vs PVE axe

Hi, I have the option of using my t1 pvp 2h or the LFR 2h axe for pvp
    w w w.wowhead.com/item=86905/shinka-execution-of-dominion (doesnt have legendary gem yet).

is the lfr axe better than t1 with, or even without the gem?

thx

not true Darkfriend.

T1 gives you 10% extra damage on players through pvp power. No more healing since 5.1 so that's a slight nerf to the weap.
    A 496 weapon vs a 470 weapon has around 26-27% more raw weapon damage, which of course will be affected by the resilience of players, but not enough to be beaten by a 470 T1, since that one is also affected by the total resilience of the players, but it has an artifical boost in dps.

I would say though, a 483 is not enough to beat a 470, probably worst.

i think with the recent 100% increase to pvp power on weapons made PVE weapons obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    i think with the recent 100% increase to pvp power on weapons made PVE weapons obsolete.
    They doubled with 5.1 the pvp power on weapons? Hmmm.

If they double the pvp power, ye, 470 T1 is better than pretty much all except 509 pve 2handers, but did that happened? I don't recall any info on this kind of change.

If that's the case that'll be worse for PvP, least with heroic weapons only a minority of players could get them. If they made PvP weapons that good, that just makes pvp worse, people dying faster. Seems like a bad move.

I just checked the vendor and yes, it seems that they have doubled the PvP power on weapons. Now 470 weapon has 4770 PvP power on it, before it was something like ~2,5k? Before the patch it only gave exactly 9% of PvP power and 470 did less damage with MS/OP/CS/Melee than a 489 starshatter for me. Now I have the the axe with 2/2 upgrade.

So how do you calculate the PvP power damage exactly? because with t1 PvP weapon and Shin'ka the top end swing damage difference alone is nearly 6k, minimum being 3k higher also + so much more str that it actually buffs the swing difference more than that. My old starshatters swing is 2k lower than on the new axe, but it still makes it 3,5k more on total melee swing damage in character screen.

Don't have the T1 weapon anymore/yet so can't really tell what's the real difference for my overall swing, But lets say T1 weapon top end will be something like 24k, and the axe has it 35k, does the extra 15-18% PvP power now really surpass it for MS/OP/CS/Melee damage?

Shockwave, dragon roar and leap would obviously benefit from the PvP more though, since they just scale from AP.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-11-30 at 12:48 PM.

kankipappa
    from veevs spread sheet pre 5.1 (aka pre double pvp power)
    going from t2 to hc shinka is a 4.8% dps increase (counting resil as a dps stat)
    going from t2 to hc shinka is a 6.x% dps increase (NOT counting resil as a dps stat)

with double pvp power i suppose t1 is superior to all weapons from pvp and proly slighly worse than hc shinka. (this is only a guess)

we need someone who can do the maths / calculation to put an end to this confusion once and for all

Currently playing SMF Fury. Yes, I know that is not optimal for PVP, but it has it's uses for capping points and is decent in rated bgs. I have a fully upgraded 510 ilvl one handed axe, and I have the conquest to buy a pvp one hander. Should I wait an extra week to get the two handed PVP weapon and play arms, or should I go with a PVP power/weapon damage hybrid playing SMF?

I have a feeling the upgraded t1 (478) is about on par with heroic weapons, anything less its far better than. The upgraded t1 has 5100 pvp power on it (as well as ~700 resil), and 2 pvp power is greatly superior to 1 strength in pvp so basically its a 478 weapon with over 3.5k strength on it (in a very rough comparison to pve weapons) for the pve people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrxes View Post
    not true Darkfriend.

T1 gives you 10% extra damage on players through pvp power. No more healing since 5.1 so that's a slight nerf to the weap.
    A 496 weapon vs a 470 weapon has around 26-27% more raw weapon damage, which of course will be affected by the resilience of players, but not enough to be beaten by a 470 T1, since that one is also affected by the total resilience of the players, but it has an artifical boost in dps.

I would say though, a 483 is not enough to beat a 470, probably worst.
    Bonus PVP power on it now. Also, upgrading it once gives something like 500 more PVP power (think mine at 474 has 4930 or so).