Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Deathwing wouldn't have been able to kill an Old God.

Also, there was a lot of speculation that all of the Aspects together somehow dampened the Old Gods powers or kept them chained, anything along those lines.
    Deathwing was corrupted by an Old God (or more, can't remember), which we know to be fact.

The idea was that, by maddening Deathwing, the other Aspects would either be wiped out, or forced into giving up their powers in order to defeat Deathwing (which they did, as you see in the cinematic after you defeat Deathwing). This would mean that there's very little to hold the Old Gods back and they would be able to pose an even bigger threat sometime soon TM.
    Maybe Deathwing aka Neltharion aka Earth Guardian was the only one who could maintain N'zoth imprisoned deep in earth somewhere, maybe to corrupt him was just a one piece of huge mega master plan, we don't know, lore makers could use lots of potential here

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShot View Post
    Maybe Deathwing aka Neltharion aka Earth Guardian was the only one who could maintain N'zoth imprisoned deep in earth somewhere, maybe to corrupt him was just a one piece of huge mega master plan, we don't know, lore makers could use lots of potential here
    Perhaps this planned re-emergence ends the war we are in right now, and wakes us up to the real threat the old gods pose.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrush View Post
    Perhaps this planned re-emergence ends the war we are in right now, and wakes us up to the real threat the old gods pose.
    What old gods again? Hah not a chance I mean really I'm 100% sure we've all had enough of the whole old god theme for a little bit

I think the Op in onto something. Though we would could never touch a titan without help. Something I have wondered, figured this is a good place to ask it.

Does Sargeras even know the old gods are imprisoned on Azeroth since it was created after he left the Pantheon?

I've always wondered if he knows that he's trying walk into an old god infested world. Does he even know they exist? I don't even think he was aware the old gods were using him to break their prisons. Probably are still plotting to again. If Sargaras ever manages to get summoned or comes to Azeroth you can be sure the old gods will be released at the same time with the energy that summons him. Then shit would just hit the fan as Sargaras realizes he's now fighting us and the old gods. That makes a mighty tempting target for the Titans(all their problems in one place), and since we disabled the re-orignation device they would have to come to Azeroth themselves to do it.

edit:Speculation aside, there is like no more room on Azeroth for the above to go down, so I doubt it would ever happen. Unless they revamp the world again, which is doubtful. If we deal with the legion most likely we will be going off planet with some daily hub in Azeroth somewhere for preventing a legion foothold. I can see us being at odds with the titans one day though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-30 at 12:13 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean really I'm 100% sure we've all had enough of the whole old god theme for a little bit
    Agreed. One expansion filled with mad cultists is enough for now.

Of course Sargeras is aware of the old gods. Why wouldn't he be? He was part of the Pantheon that fought them back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Agreed. One expansion filled with mad cultists is enough for now.

Of course Sargeras is aware of the old gods. Why wouldn't he be? He was part of the Pantheon that fought them back in the day.
    The Pantheon discovered Azeroth and re-ordered it after Sargeras defected. This is why Sargeras did not know of Azeroth until the elves messed around with the well and made a dot on his radar. He immediately then started working toward getting their because he saw how powerful the well was. So I'm guessing, he did not know of it previously, at all.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-30 at 12:25 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Just because Sargeras is one of the few known baddies we have left in lore doesn't mean that he is the end, or even the titans for that matter. Hell, Blizz can ride the Old God train for another hundred expansions of they so choose. Or they will start making more and more new antagonists from scratch, though that will probably be the end of WoW considering their imagination isn't really that great for new character ideas.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Sargeras is everyone's first thought for the Final Boss of WoW.

But, at this point, it could be the Pantheon themselves, or even the Old Gods, or N'zoth. It's all up in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    For much of Azeroth's prehistory, the Old Gods ruled Azeroth along with their Elemental Lieutenants. Azeroth attracted the attention of the wandering titans, who fought the Old Gods in a war of ordering. Though the elementals were powerful beyond mortal comprehension, their combined forces could not stop the mighty Titans. One by one, the elemental lords fell, and their forces dispersed. The Pantheon shattered the Old Gods' citadels and casted the remaining ones down into eternal imprisonment deep beneath the earth, the place of their confinement hidden from all and their powers bound until the end of time. With the elementals' departure, nature calmed, and the world settled into a peaceful harmony. With the help of their constructs (the ancestors of dwarves, gnomes, vrykul, and giants), the titans allowed life to flourish on Azeroth. Satisfied, the Makers built hidden cities for their construct creations and created the Great Aspects to guard the planet before leaving on their cosmic journey.
    Sounds to me that Azeroth wasn't the only world that was inhabited by the Elemental lords and the old gods. There is no given timeline, I grant you that, but I think Sargeras is very well aware of the old gods and their intentions.

However, the more interesting question would be: With his belief that the order of the titans is useless and that the titans themselves are to be blamed for the failure of their creation, is he an enemy to the old gods or an ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    HOW?

I mean come on now, Archimonde basically just toyed with us until he was bored. We didn't defeat him. We merely distracted him long enough. Archimonde underestimated us.

However Kil'jaeden already got his immaterial butt kicked once. He will NOT make the same mistake his brother did. He will be prepared (pun intended) and he will strike us down without mercy, first chance he gets. And this time, there won't be any Anveena ready to sacrifice herself.....

Honestly? Some bad guys just shouldn't be engaged at all. It totally ruins the magic of the universe and I find this constant "mortals can do anything" quite annoying
    Unfortunately killing bosses that shouldn't be killed by mortals is a required game mechanic for a game in a universe populated by creatures that should never be killed by mortals. Kil'Jaedan was banished back to the Nether, and if you think his boss wont throw him back into the frying pan, you're sorely mistaken.
    RETH

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will end with either all Old Gods on Azeroth dead (without destroying the planet), or Sargeras dead.

That way the future RTSes can focus on the other threat.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i always thought it was obvious the titans were bad guys they go around "correcting worlds" i mean just think about it thats the basis of TONS of badguys all over scifi, fantasy, comic books, manga, tv, movies.

i dont know what the exact trope is but im sure someone knows what its called. pretty common theme.

also you guys have to remember the universe is HUGE as far as we know sargeras has nver returned to the pantheon and the burning legion hasnt encountered them directly so as far as we know the titans may not even know sargeras is corrupt they just know he hasnt come home.

hell for all we know the titans may be busy fighting old gods in space on the other side of the universe and have no clue whats going on
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaedan was banished back to the Nether, and if you think his boss wont throw him back into the frying pan, you're sorely mistaken.
    I don't have a problem with that. Hell my Priestess has a beef with the guy for selling out 2/3 of her race to a madman.

But I don't know what stung Blizzard will pull this time to kill him. Because on our own we don't stand a chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Or...you know...their warrior champion, Sargeras? Just because Aman'thul leads them, doesn't mean Sargeras is weaker than him. Sargeras was initially chosen as their Champion because he was their best warrior.
    Except Sargeras is gimped now compared to when he was champion, since he no longer has Gorshalach. I'm guessing he is weaker (or on a similar level) than the Titan's now, or else he would have killed them already.

Heh, Sargeras was the Champion of the Titans. If we're able to kill him, his fellow titans are going to think twice about attacking us.

Even without his weapon ^
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

blizzard themselves have said tht all things come to a end even wow but went on to say wow would probally end they day minimal people or no one played ne more.

moving on blizzard have dropp'd hints we may face off against the titans but also say it is mostly unlikely the most powerful weapon in the galaxy is in 2 shards one being wielded by the titans and the other being wielded by sargeras himself i believe when the time comes we will have to somehow aquire both shards and have them reforged to kill sargeras but before deciding if the dark titan will be our final ever boss people must also remember the old gods so far we have only fought 2 and faced off against minions and servants of another but their are far more thn 3

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:19 AM ----------

on another note also some of you peoples comments are funny you must of missed some lore in a way sargeras still has his sword he has one shard of it gorshalach is only one shard not the actual weapon itself he is the lore part of his weapon :

Gorshalach, (the Dark Render) is the most powerful weapon in the universe. This massive greatsword was originally wielded by Sargeras while he was a member of the Titan Pantheon. When Sargeras fell to his madness, Gorshalach, being semi-sentient, sundered itself into two 'Shatterbound pieces' to prevent the fallen Titan from wielding it. One fragment was claimed by Sargeras and reforged into Gorribal, while the other was claimed by Aggramar and reforged into Taeshalach. If both fragments are ever possessed by a non-evil being, they can be combined to reform Gorshalach.

its my belief tht through some hard ass questline we grab both shards and reforge them into this weapon it will probally be some 2h legendary sword also which will mean only warriors,pallys and dks can use it which is fitting considering it was the weapon of a warrior and it was also a warrior who got to him and sliced open his knee
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    Except Sargeras is gimped now compared to when he was champion, since he no longer has Gorshalach. I'm guessing he is weaker (or on a similar level) than the Titan's now, or else he would have killed them already.
    Pretty sure I've read that he's grown stronger since becoming demonic and gained a lot of new powers which none of the other Titans have. Just lacks his weapon.

well tht is true out there he is growing stronger and stronger while the titans sit on their ass's except aggramar who is now what sargeras was and shouldve been and he is fighting against the burning legion destroying it where ever he can aggramar is probaly the only titan getting stronger lol and ironically he holds one of the gorshalach shards taelshalach
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

Meh why do we always have to fight god in the end, have been overdone way too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrealiabronze View Post
    well they say there were 5 old gods, 2 of which are dead ysharjjj and C'thun who the titans thought was dead and we kill again, Yogg saron i thought died in ulduar, N'Zoth is locked up somewhere and his big plan has failed, now theres 1 other old god we have not heard from
    I wonder what the titans have been doing and if they have paid any attention as to what has happened on Azeroth or are at least aware that the Dragon Aspects have retired
    We haven't killed any of the old gods, only their manifestations and avatars that appeared above ground. Like the Titan says, if the Old Gods are destroyed so would Azeroth be.