Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    I see a lot of speculation threads where people declare that defeating Sargeras would be the end of WoW. But I think there's an even bigger menace out there that could come to end Azeroth, particularly if the mortals had banded together to wipe out the Burning Legion: the Titans.

Killing the fallen Titan would cause his brethren to take a closer look at Azeroth. They'd find that everything they had put into place has been shot to hell. Algalon covered for us once, but now that they've seen us they worry mortals will be an even more destructive force in the universe. Re-origination is the order of the day.

That doesn't sit well with anyone who calls Azeroth home. The Alliance, Horde, Cenarian Circle, Argent Crusade, Earthen Ring, Ebon Blade, even the Dragonflights band together to fight back. Initial instances and raids will visit familiar Titan related points on Azeroth. The final tier will be an assault on their citadel. Thrall kicks of the raid with an epic speech, and we go beat the Titans until they promise to leave us alone.

Their hearts weren't really into the whole “obliterate the bravest races in the universe” thing in the first place, of course. Now they draft us into facing the next expansion's big bad, because the epicness of the expansion proves WoW is still a cash cow and cannot end yet.
    Which fits well with the "Your Gods are not YOUR Gods" line from the final Klaxxi quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    As a lot of posters wrote - it would be Old Gods. But for the simple reason.

Sargeras was just a toy of Old Gods from very start. Imagine how powerful they should be, if they could corrupt one of Titans while being completely locked away. Algalon was sent to see if Azeroth is in dangerous condition, because if some Old Gods were encountered it could mean a lot of problems, so it would be better to dispatch of whole planet just for safety as otherwise Titans wouldn't handle it.

Why unfortunately? It's boring to always kill only some kobolds or goblins. Dragons become old story after a while too. It's interesting when games go for more than that. Like FF XII. Killing Espers, who by most part are fallen powerful gods, or Venat infused in Vayne, who is just neo-god. But wait, there's more! Same FF XII has creature, "Threat to it's own Creator", Yiazmat.
    actually you havent read your lore tht well it was not the old gods who corrupted sargeras the old gods corrupted deathwing ( neltharian) not sargeras lol

lore extract part 1: During his never ending war against the evil in the universe, Sargeras became increasingly depressed by the chaos he saw wrought by all kinds of evil. While his confusion and misery deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with another group intent on disrupting the titans' order: the Nathrezim. This dark race of vampiric demons (also known as dreadlords) conquered a number of populated worlds by possessing their inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming dreadlords turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them into blind hatred and mistrust. Sargeras defeated the nathrezim easily, but their corruption affected him deeply.

it was not old gods who corrupted sargeras iy was the nathrezim aka dreadlords tht were responsible
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I had always thought we'd be dealing with Sargeras and his Burning Legion in tandem with the Titans. The idea is that the Legion seeks to finally destroy Azeroth while the Titans want to just stop their brethren. Essentially they end up using Azeroth as their fighting ground.

Because let's be honest here, the Titan's don't really care about Azeroth, except for perhaps Eonar. Eonar is going to end up being like Alexstrasza/Therazane while we end up fighting the other two factions.

It'd be epic as hell if the final boss fight was us fighting the Pantheon while they are simultaneously fighting Sargeras.
    they care enough to personally vaporize us to stop the old ones! But yeah we gonna kill them titans, mortals are the banes of gods after all.....
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrealiabronze View Post
    well they say there were 5 old gods, 2 of which are dead ysharjjj and C'thun who the titans thought was dead and we kill again, Yogg saron i thought died in ulduar, N'Zoth is locked up somewhere and his big plan has failed, now theres 1 other old god we have not heard from
    I wonder what the titans have been doing and if they have paid any attention as to what has happened on Azeroth or are at least aware that the Dragon Aspects have retired
    Wouldn't be too sure about that... He did manage to get 'rid' of the Aspects. The only ones able to stop the Old Gods from regaining full power, the guardians left behind by the Titans. They (or rather he) have been stirring trouble amongst the dragonflights for eons. Now they've manage to remove the Blacks and have all the others spend the bulk of their power. The Old Gods plan centuries or even millenia ahead.

EDIT:
    N'Zoth seems to be the smartest we've seen sofar. He was at war with both C'thun and Yogg'Saron at the same time and managed to remain undefeated (even if it probably was just out of boredom), although Zon'ozz and Yor'Sahj were the generals. He's corrupted Neltharion, indirectly managed to nearly wipeout the Blue's and now the Blacks are all but gone. Turned Azshara into a Naga (and all remaining Highborne). He does not seem like someone we'd be able to kill just like that.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-12-02 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by High King Argorothiis View Post
    actually you havent read your lore tht well it was not the old gods who corrupted sargeras the old gods corrupted deathwing ( neltharian) not sargeras lol

lore extract part 1: During his never ending war against the evil in the universe, Sargeras became increasingly depressed by the chaos he saw wrought by all kinds of evil. While his confusion and misery deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with another group intent on disrupting the titans' order: the Nathrezim. This dark race of vampiric demons (also known as dreadlords) conquered a number of populated worlds by possessing their inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming dreadlords turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them into blind hatred and mistrust. Sargeras defeated the nathrezim easily, but their corruption affected him deeply.

it was not old gods who corrupted sargeras iy was the nathrezim aka dreadlords tht were responsible
    But it is hinted that the old gods are the ones that brought about Sargeras into Azeroth, they used all their best puppets to bring him there for some reason, one guess is that they would hitch a ride on his portal and escape. Or maybe that really just want to see the place burn.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    I could really see the titans being the ultimate boss of World of Warcraft and it could be epic if played out right. We the created, breaking free the creators and in doing so by overcoming the fallen titan and the pantheon that shaped us it could serves as base for the next iteration as we are now the masters of our fate and world now, having disposed the demons AND gods. Kinda like God of War meets Warcrafts, with us killing both Titans, Old Gods and Demons to finally make Azeroth our own.

(Then maybe after that WoW 2, if such a thing ever happens, would be set in the future with throwbacks to an age of mortals who broke free from their creators and gave the world to its creations. )

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Funny that, next game is called Titan, wonder what that could possibly be about.
    2 things.

1) Titan is a codename, not the name of the game.

2) Blizzard have said outright it's an original IP. Not related to WoW then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth is an old god.
    We end up fighting Azeroth itself because it grows a mouth and tries to eat us.

True story. They are stealing from Lovecraft, and Lovecraft had his 'earth' as one of those monsters.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    But it is hinted that the old gods are the ones that brought about Sargeras into Azeroth, they used all their best puppets to bring him there for some reason, one guess is that they would hitch a ride on his portal and escape. Or maybe that really just want to see the place burn.
    No, Sargeras wanted the power of the Well of Eternity due to seeing the Nigh Elves' reckless uses of the magic is possesses. The Old Gods wanted to direct his portal to their prisons so he could free them, they thought they could take him and this wouldn't be a problem (which I hugely disagree with but that's the gist).

Deleted
    *shrugs* Old Gods are the most powerful beings in the universe that we know of.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it'd happen, I hope they'd remove it fomr the LFR.

Getting every bot to kill Deathwing was sad and lame enough imo.

Deleted
    Well so far the Titans seem to have a nearly perfect Lawful Neutral aligment, so it pretty much comes down to their notion of cosmic order.
    I doubt they would be much pleased with current Azeroth status, and they didnt seem to have much restraint in annihilating entire planets.
    I don't think that they are the ultimate villains but our first encounter with them can possibly be not so pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    I see a lot of speculation threads where people declare that defeating Sargeras would be the end of WoW. But I think there's an even bigger menace out there that could come to end Azeroth, particularly if the mortals had banded together to wipe out the Burning Legion: the Titans.

Killing the fallen Titan would cause his brethren to take a closer look at Azeroth. They'd find that everything they had put into place has been shot to hell. Algalon covered for us once, but now that they've seen us they worry mortals will be an even more destructive force in the universe. Re-origination is the order of the day.

That doesn't sit well with anyone who calls Azeroth home. The Alliance, Horde, Cenarian Circle, Argent Crusade, Earthen Ring, Ebon Blade, even the Dragonflights band together to fight back. Initial instances and raids will visit familiar Titan related points on Azeroth. The final tier will be an assault on their citadel. Thrall kicks of the raid with an epic speech, and we go beat the Titans until they promise to leave us alone.

Their hearts weren't really into the whole “obliterate the bravest races in the universe” thing in the first place, of course. Now they draft us into facing the next expansion's big bad, because the epicness of the expansion proves WoW is still a cash cow and cannot end yet.
    But then Blizzard can create completely new lore that has not been seen in any game or canonical story. I mean most of the people, places and enemies in WoW were created new for this game and no one got upset about all the newness that had no ties to the old games. The last boss will be the final raid patch prior to the game being shut down for good. unless they drop a world destroyer on us for a end of the world event that kills us all as the servers go down.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    I doubt we mortals would kill the Titans. Well, all of them. Sargeras will certainly be toast (including all the setbacks). We might take down a Pantheon member or two, not counting Sargeras, and a number of regular-types Titans just to prove a point.
    Tell me I am not crazy here. I have always figured we would deal with the titans some how. I have this M. Night Shamalamadingdong twist thought in my head. That some how the other titans set up Sargeras to fall(be corrupted/gone mad) by dealing with the BL. Could it be possible that we actually save him and he imbues us with the power needed to take on the pantheon titans?

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 09:03 PM ----------

Funny that, next game is called Titan, wonder what that could possibly be about.
    Is that the actual name or its code name? And the game is not what a lot of people think it will be. Think F2P team based shooter modern to near future setting. Not WoW 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the codename. Maybe it's called Titan to reflect on the huge undertaking it is? The size of the project.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Well so far the Titans seem to have a nearly perfect Lawful Neutral aligment, so it pretty much comes down to their notion of cosmic order.
    I doubt they would be much pleased with current Azeroth status, and they didnt seem to have much restraint in annihilating entire planets.
    I don't think that they are the ultimate villains but our first encounter with them can possibly be not so pleasant.
    Don't forget about Algalon. He too realised what he was doing and had done, wouldn't be all that weird that he told his superiors about what went on on Azeroth and that we are very well capable to handle and protect our own world without their meddling. He started to wonder if what they did on all those other worlds was the right thing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No, Sargeras wanted the power of the Well of Eternity due to seeing the Nigh Elves' reckless uses of the magic is possesses. The Old Gods wanted to direct his portal to their prisons so he could free them, they thought they could take him and this wouldn't be a problem (which I hugely disagree with but that's the gist).
    Sargeras is not as powerfull as he used to be. His weapon was the most powerfull in the universe as well (and he wielded it) but he no longer has that (it split itself in half to prevent misuse).
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-12-03 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by welcome2life View Post
    Wait... isn't Sargeras a fallen titan... I mean he was called upon to fight the burning legions for ages. Its mentions in the article that he might be stronger than the pantheon . They also never took steps to eliminate him after his defection. He is however stuck in the twisting nether as he was passing through a gate to azeroth when it was destroyed. http://www.wowwiki.com/Sargeras
    You have it all wrong, it was Sargeras that made The Burning Legion after he got corrupted. He did however try to pass through a portal wich was made from the Well of Eternity. When that went wrong the world shatterd, leaving most of Azeroth under water and creating the maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The titans killed Y'shaarj and thought they had killed C'thun. Yogg-Saron and N'zoth (and whatever other old gods there are) were imprisoned only because they discovered that destroying them would destroy azeroth, which at the time they weren't too keen about doing.
    Didn't we meet C'thun in AQ?