Thread: Hastefrost DW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    To put it very simply, 2h focuses on obliterate and dw focuses on howling blast.
    So basically you just remove Obliterate from the Rotation and spam Howling Blast instead?

No, you still need to spend unholy runes on something.

But that's all you do with obliterate as dual wield, it's only used to keep unholy runes on cooldown so you can turn them into death runes with blood tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    So basically you just remove Obliterate from the Rotation and spam Howling Blast instead?
    No, you still need to use unholy runes to not "waste" the resource, just prioritize HB/FS. DnD> OB for this
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    So
    Howling blast > frost strike > death and decay and last obliterate

No, you only DnD or obliterate when two unholy runes are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, you only DnD or obliterate when two unholy runes are available.
    If you're using runic empowerment.

With blood tap you want them both on cooldown most of the time.

This guy doesn't even know what basic masterfrost is, and you want him to try to use blood tap properly as DW frost? I don't even use blood tap myself. I'm not convinced it's a performance gain outside of simcraft.

No one would ever get better if we all only played specs we were already completely comfortable with.

And blood tap can be a fairly significant damage increase in encounters with large amounts of magic damage, because it gives you a third set of resources to top up.

I don't see why blood tap's theoretical simmed gain over RE would improve with additional runic power. Can you explain?

With runic empowerment you start wasting runic power gained from ams when you have full runic power and full runes.

With blood tap you start wasting it when you have full runic power, runes and blood charges.

It's less than immediately obvious, but you can pool more resources with blood tap.

Why would you ever have full runes? Are you talking about PvP?

No, I'm talking about what happens when you cap out your ams absorb and can't spend resources faster than you are gaining them.

Oh, OK. Not sure how much that actually matters, but yeah.

It happens quite a bit on certain encounters... pretty much anything with ams usage.

With the amount of magic damage going on in heroic modes and the levels of haste we can get it can happen.

And when it happens with runic empowerment you have a maximum resource state of 6 runes and 100 runic power, and with blood tap you have 6 runes, 100 runic power and an extra 2.4 runes from the blood charges.

It isn't massively relevant, but it's a slight damage increase some of the time.

It isn't massively relevant, but it's a slight damage increase some of the time.
    That sounds about right yep.

But if you're asking about this you probably aren't pushing progress enough to care about the difference, so do whatever.
    You could have not responded to his question also.
    But yeah whatever

Been a while since I visited here, thanks for your help guys. I've decided to tough it out and learn to DW again and my dps has gone up a fair bit as a result.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno