[Priest] 2 piece bonus

Hey guys I was just wondering if its worth it to replace my 2 piece bonus. Atm I got 483 tier chest and 496 tier glove. Just thinking if its worth it to break the bonus and get the 496 crafted piece legacy of the emperor.
    Thx

I assume you are healing.

The 2set healing bonus (Flash Heal costs 10% less mana) is really obnoxious if you ask me. You really cannot afford to cast much Flash Heal, with or without it, and it shouldn't be part of your normal arsenal either way. Sure it helps a long way towards making FHeal more efficient, but it's not going to change the problem that it's still way too inefficient to use much compared to Greater Heal.

Flash Heal without set bonus: 17700 mana, roughly 50k hits. HPM: 2.82
    Flash heal with set bonus: 15930 mana, roughly 50k hits. HPM: 3.13
    Greater Heal: 17700 mana, roughly 65k hits. HPM: 3.67

As such: go for the item upgrade IMO. The 2 set alone is not worth gimping yourself over.

--

Clarification-edit for holypriests: This rough calculation not taking serendipity into account, which will push Fheal/Gheal chains into better efficiency than GHeal chains alone. And for that the set bonus is good. But ask yourself: are you tankhealing much as holy?
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-11-29 at 10:16 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    The 2P ist worth 630PP. Just check how much pp you would gain from the better gloves.

edit: thought you're shadow. sorry, forget about it

nsj: It's hard to say for sure. He did mention the legacy of the emperor, which is a spirit chest. I assumed healing, but that assumption is not really foolproof, since spirit is useful for shadow too
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I assume you are healing.

The 2set healing bonus (Flash Heal costs 10% less mana) is really obnoxious if you ask me. You really cannot afford to cast much Flash Heal, with or without it, and it shouldn't be part of your normal arsenal either way. Sure it helps a long way towards making FHeal more efficient, but it's not going to change the problem that it's still way too inefficient to use much compared to Greater Heal.

Flash Heal without set bonus: 17700 mana, roughly 50k hits. HPM: 2.82
    Flash heal with set bonus: 15930 mana, roughly 50k hits. HPM: 3.13
    Greater Heal: 17700 mana, roughly 65k hits. HPM: 3.67

As such: go for the item upgrade IMO. The 2 set alone is not worth gimping yourself over.

--

Clarification-edit for holypriests: This rough calculation not taking serendipity into account, which will push Fheal/Gheal chains into better efficiency than GHeal chains alone. And for that the set bonus is good. But ask yourself: are you tankhealing much as holy?

its 20%... not 10.

reduces the mana cost to 14k- something

Wow...
    I can't believe I missed that change since the PTR days.

And here I've beek skipping the tier tokens and all since I didn't see the point with the 2set :/
    Well, the joke is on me then!

New signature time!

haha

I think the 2p is more useful then previous expansions first tier tho

I switch out my h jade dust leggings for normal tier so I can use the 2p (along with FDCL) for Spirit Binder but that's about it.

Mostly I don't feel I have enough mana to make use of it yet tho. Maybe once I get more gear I might feel more comfortable mixing fheal in.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyu View Post
    I switch out my h jade dust leggings for normal tier so I can use the 2p (along with FDCL) for Spirit Binder but that's about it.

Mostly I don't feel I have enough mana to make use of it yet tho. Maybe once I get more gear I might feel more comfortable mixing fheal in.
    You swap to a lower ilvl 2p for a fight with infinite mana? This makes me sad.

Oops soz was actually talking about shadow lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    You swap to a lower ilvl 2p for a fight with infinite mana? This makes me sad.
    It's never infinite, the way we do it. Also should have mentioned 10man. Not my strat, but it works fine for us.
    Last edited by Cheyu; 2012-12-01 at 02:05 AM.