[Fire] Macro problems

I'm having some trouble with the Pyroblast macro I'm using. It's set up like this:

/cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Pyroblast

Now what happens is, I press the macro when I have a Pyroblast! proc and it fires of a pyroblast, then I follow up with another pyroblast which consumes my PoM and everything is fine up to this point.

Then I press the macro again (to revert the Alter Time effect) and reverse to a state of having a Pyroblast! buff and a PoM buff, however when I press the macro it hardcasts pyroblast and consumes my PoM buff in the proccess, leaving me with a Pyroblast! buff still up.

Why does it start hardcasting pyroblast? And why does said (hardcast) pyroblast consume my PoM buff?

Thanks for the replies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    I'm having some trouble with the Pyroblast macro I'm using. It's set up like this:

/cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Pyroblast

Now what happens is, I press the macro when I have a Pyroblast! proc and it fires of a pyroblast, then I follow up with another pyroblast which consumes my PoM and everything is fine up to this point.

Then I press the macro again (to revert the Alter Time effect) and reverse to a state of having a Pyroblast! buff and a PoM buff, however when I press the macro it hardcasts pyroblast and consumes my PoM buff in the proccess, leaving me with a Pyroblast! buff still up.

Why does it start hardcasting pyroblast? And why does said (hardcast) pyroblast consume my PoM buff?

Thanks for the replies
    (These are assumptions, I'm at work not at the game now so I'm giving it a shot for you real quick)
    I'm assuming what is happening to you is kind of like when you have Ice Block active and you hit Ice Block again. It is like a /cancelaura macro built into the game.

Give it a shot at a dummy... just press your POM button, then press it again, does the buff go away? If it does, then this is why, because in your macro sequence you have POM active, but then it runs POM again before you cast pyro. Thus cancelling the aura. I could be incorrect and will edit when I get home in a few hours. Let me know if thats actually the case though!

Happy Hunting

I tested it out but that doesn't seem to be the case :/ I might also note that the PoM buff is still active during the cast time of the pyroblast, but falls off as soon as the cast is finished

10+ Year Old Account
    That is weird.... I am assuming it is because the activation of Alter Time hast to "Reproc" your Hot streak! the Pyro cast starts before this happens... Personally I just cas AT manually right at the end of my previous cast since it is off the gcd it costs me maybe .1 sec and I can be sure none of these wierdo bugs occur lol

Yeah, if there's no explanation or fix for this I guess I'll just have to manually cast Alter Time, not to much of a hassle. However there's actually a fire mage guide on these very forums that suggests using the same macro I'm using (and either it seems to work fine for them or there have been some changes in the new patch)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah unfortunately thats the best info I can come up with.. The macro on paper looks like it should be fine, but obviously in practice seems to be broken. Personally, especially with the new changes to ignite, I love scorch for movement and don't use PoM too much these days. But best of luck to you and hopefully someone gets back to you with a little insight!

Happy Hunting