Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Brawler's guild tips and tricks.

Hello! I was thinking of making a thread for us priests for brawler's guild since every class has different difficulty with bosses in there. For example i've died on bosses quite a few times while a hunter i saw just nuked them without maybe even noticing their "special attacks" .

So if you are stuck on a boss you can ask if anyone did it yet as shadow ( or other spec) and how. At the moment i am stuck at Deeken , last bost of the 4th rank. Does anyone know any tips on how to kill him?

Roll Windwalker Monk.

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-11-29 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    At the moment i am stuck at Deeken , last bost of the 4th rank. Does anyone know any tips on how to kill him?
    just run from these movig clouds and try to stay on side where they just despawned, he's really easy

Anyone defeated the rare brawlers, namely Millhouse Manastorm, yet?
    With DI + FDCL I came 10M short, out of 49M~ on my best try.
    Hi I'm Shadow
    Priest Mage Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Bessi View Post
    Anyone defeated the rare brawlers, namely Millhouse Manastorm, yet?
    With DI + FDCL I came 10M short, out of 49M~ on my best try.
    try to party up with mage, druid and pally and ask them for buffs
    u can also ask mage for time warp when u are near to engage

I tried to kill these rare bosses 40-50 times, but I stuck on 45-55% on each, they are just unkillable at 495 ilvl

Aside from group buffs such as Kings/Fort/AI etc, specific buffs such as Timewarp or Prayer of Mending no longer works after a recent hotfix.

With that said although these rare brawler's bosses are fun, I still prefer the challenge of the traditional past raid bosses such as Heroic LK
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-12-01 at 04:49 AM.

Anybody have any luck on the squid guy in Rank 5? Probsokis or whatever his name is? I'm a Disc priest normally, but have been fighting as shadow mostly. Unfortunately I dont have a true dps set, so I reforged all my spirit out of my heal set to Crit for burst damage, but I cant do enough dps on him before his soft enrage after the second rain dance. Best I can do is around 25-30%.

It's a shame we dont have any burst dps.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Anybody have any luck on the squid guy in Rank 5? Probsokis or whatever his name is? I'm a Disc priest normally, but have been fighting as shadow mostly. Unfortunately I dont have a true dps set, so I reforged all my spirit out of my heal set to Crit for burst damage, but I cant do enough dps on him before his soft enrage after the second rain dance. Best I can do is around 25-30%.

It's a shame we dont have any burst dps.
    I died many times at that squid but managed to kill it twice ( i died with him and it didn't count) . Best you can do is not waste as much dps as possible. Here is what i did and i suggest you do it too ( unless others have other tehniques) :

1. When you get teleported inside , pop the 4k intelect flask and other things you have ( i have engineering tinkered gloves too)
    2. Cast Mind blast to get an orb up and right after mind blast cast shadow fiend and fade. This will make the squid use Torrent on the shadow fiend saving your silence for the second torrent, because if you disperse at that you lose alot of dps.
    3. Hope for procs for instant mind spike when rain dance comes even so, pop shield and risk casting a mind blast , move a bit, refresh your dots then redo everything.

Also have reflective shield glyph which does some extra damage too and have the 20% cast speed talent ( forgot the name , focused mind? "
    Get a flask with 1k intelect , eat intelect buffing food 275 intelect and get other buffs from players all of those help you out.

Edit : Also , if that doesn't work after a few tries when you get used to what i told you, try reforging to haste everything you have, to cast faster in rain dance, that's where you lose dps quite a bit since almost all our spells need us to stay in one spot and risk being killed. The faster you cast, the faster you can run away from that spot and avoid rain drops.
    Last edited by mmocb3b54be47d; 2012-12-01 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Aside from group buffs such as Kings/Fort/AI etc, specific buffs such as Timewarp or Prayer of Mending no longer works after a recent hotfix.

With that said although these rare brawler's bosses are fun, I still prefer the challenge of the traditional past raid bosses such as Heroic LK

You must have killed battletron before the buff, my priest is at 385 ilvl and he enrages between 2.5 and 3 mil health. (he has over 9 mil health now)

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You must have killed battletron before the buff, my priest is at 385 ilvl and he enrages between 2.5 and 3 mil health. (he has over 9 mil health now)
    Nah I killed him after the buff. He had 9.6mil health and my ilvl was 495. My tactic was simply to burn the boss and ignore the orbs. Heal through the explosions with PoM renew DPrayer etc. keep in mind that whenever he's channeling new orbs u get a free 10 sec burn. Of course if you get a chance to cast some instants (such as procs) its better to move while casting them (preferably to an opening in the orbs).

Another trick is to use halo followed by Dispersion. I haven't actually tried this myself, but I think halo can trigger at least 2 orbs to explode. Dispersion will mitigate the damage from the orb explosions.
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-12-02 at 01:15 AM.

Sorry, but i do not believe 10 ilvls would make the difference. I am nearly 3 million off enrage, doing about 60k dps

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 07:27 PM ----------

BTW that is exactly how i am doing it, its the ONLY way to do it. (ignoring the mechanics and pew pew ing, while healing thru orb damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    I died many times at that squid but managed to kill it twice ( i died with him and it didn't count) . Best you can do is not waste as much dps as possible. Here is what i did and i suggest you do it too ( unless others have other tehniques) :

1. When you get teleported inside , pop the 4k intelect flask and other things you have ( i have engineering tinkered gloves too)
    2. Cast Mind blast to get an orb up and right after mind blast cast shadow fiend and fade. This will make the squid use Torrent on the shadow fiend saving your silence for the second torrent, because if you disperse at that you lose alot of dps.
    3. Hope for procs for instant mind spike when rain dance comes even so, pop shield and risk casting a mind blast , move a bit, refresh your dots then redo everything.

Also have reflective shield glyph which does some extra damage too and have the 20% cast speed talent ( forgot the name , focused mind? "
    Get a flask with 1k intelect , eat intelect buffing food 275 intelect and get other buffs from players all of those help you out.

Edit : Also , if that doesn't work after a few tries when you get used to what i told you, try reforging to haste everything you have, to cast faster in rain dance, that's where you lose dps quite a bit since almost all our spells need us to stay in one spot and risk being killed. The faster you cast, the faster you can run away from that spot and avoid rain drops.
    Thanks for the advice. Im going to try all that.

If I do get past the squid guy, do you have advice for the Leper gnomes? Tab-Dot spam or focus them down one by one? I was also toying with teh idea of going Disc and holy nova spamming them to death, but I'm not sure that can do enough dps in time to beat the enrage.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Deleted
    I'm stuck at the leper gnomes, end of rank five as a combat rogue. Always end up with one of them left with quite high HP, dont know what to do. Only raid finder geared, but still almost fully raid finder.

Sorry, but i do not believe 10 ilvls would make the difference. I am nearly 3 million off enrage, doing about 60k dps

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 07:27 PM ----------

BTW that is exactly how i am doing it, its the ONLY way to do it. (ignoring the mechanics and pew pew ing, while healing thru orb damage).
    Are you using Flasks/Potions x 2?
    When healing through orb damage, how often do you Flash Heal?
    Do you have 8/8 Buffs?
    Did you start the fight with 3 shadow orbs?
    Did you have a warlock's Healthstone bound together with Desperate Prayer? (50% heal, 70% if the healthstone crit)
    Do you pop VE when you are at full health or low health? And do you combine it with a potion and Power Infusion if you have it? During the 15 second VE did you have a chance to cast 3 orb DP? Timing of VE is quite important. It's useless to pop VE while hes channeling new orbs since you dont take damage during that time, so most of VE gets wasted.
    10 ilvls make a huge difference.

If you are doing 60k DPS, then you shouldnt be 3million off, considering you still get 20-30 seconds after the floor lights up that indicates enrage. In my kill I died to the firestorm enrage just 1 second after the boss died.
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-12-02 at 01:49 AM.

Glyph of MindFlay might be worth thinking about if you are against someone that doesnt need kiting per say, but that you cant really stand still for.

1. Yes
    2. Never (im good with timing VE and DP)
    3 No
    4 No (how would you?, there is nothing to attack down there)
    5 Yes, but i bind it to VE instead
    6 I pop VE at low health, and i bind my potion to mindbender.
    7 Not really

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:08 PM ----------

Btw man, healing the damage isnt my issue, its my DPS.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:13 PM ----------

Not sure about the dps then, i was just guessing, but i am getting him to about 3 million each time, best was 2.6 i think.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:17 PM ----------

I just went to target dummy and ended at 51k DPS over 12 million damage. I do really good DPS in raids, i could show you parses, but my damage without secondary things to DOT is just awful. Props if you actually killed this thing, you are in the 0.00000001% truly.

1. Yes
    2. Never (im good with timing VE and DP)
    3 No
    4 No (how would you?, there is nothing to attack down there)
    5 Yes, but i bind it to VE instead
    6 I pop VE at low health, and i bind my potion to mindbender.
    7 Not really

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:08 PM ----------

Btw man, healing the damage isnt my issue, its my DPS.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:13 PM ----------

Not sure about the dps then, i was just guessing, but i am getting him to about 3 million each time, best was 2.6 i think.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:17 PM ----------

I just went to target dummy and ended at 51k DPS over 12 million damage. I do really good DPS in raids, i could show you parses, but my damage without secondary things to DOT is just awful. Props if you actually killed this thing, you are in the 0.00000001% truly.
    No, no need to show parses or anything. I'll give you some more suggestions

Firstly, each time a fight is over in the brawler's guild, there is a chance that a Brawl Enthusiast will become hostile and attackable. Use this opportunity to gather 3 orbs.
    Getting all the relevant buffs is quite essential. It doesn't have to be 8/8 buffs, just the relevant ones (Stats, Fort, Mastery, Crit, Haste, SP).
    Binding Healthstone to VE isnt a good idea. It only makes VE overheal more, and if the healthstone crits, thats even more overhealing on VE. The idea also ties into the timing of using VE. You want to use it when it provides the least overhealing. This is why I've bound the Healthstone to Desperate Prayer to give it more of a Lay on Hands feel.
    Binding potion to Mindbender like you said is also a good idea. Make sure you use the pot when you dont have to heal yourself anytime soon so that you can maximize your potion benefit on your damage. That's reason I've bound to VE, so that I don't have to waste precious potion time on healing myself.

Speaking of Mindbender, are you able to use it 3 times during this fight? If so then you can keep using it. If not, then I suggest FDCL. You should be able to though...

10 iLvls can make at least 4-5k DPS difference on a target dummy with all those 8/8 raid buffs. Over a 140 second fight, that should be at least half a million damage difference. Also 10 ilvls makes a big difference to your stamina and max health as well as the amount you heal, which boosts your survivability by quite a bit. Your healing may not seem to be the problem now, but thats because you are spending more GCDs on it than you probably should, and that is affecting your DPS. Try soloing Onyxia back then with 399 ilvl and then do it again at 409 ilvl.... 399ilvl lasted 11 minutes, 409 ilvl lasted under 4 minutes. When it comes to soloing, its not all about the DPS.
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-12-02 at 03:17 AM.

Why are you talking down to me so much, i obviously made it this far in the brawlers guild im not an idiot lol.

Again, problem is NOT healing! I bind healthstone to VE because i pop VE at low health, the stone gets me back up to a marginal level and VE stabilizes me afterwards. I also use divine star which is 50k healing if none of it crits, on top of bubbles/pom/renew. I agree buffs are quite essential, just that not many people are down there now. Once i get full buffs i will try it again, but i honestly doubt i will get this until i acquire more gear.

Well in that case I wish you good luck on your future attempts.

Deleted
    @ Nuke1096

Yeah let me know how it works out with the squid , if you need more help i can give you exactly what i did/cast/at what time for you to follow better. For the gnomes, yes multi dot but don't over do it . I cast VT and SW:P on each ( or almost each since they are so grouped up i might of missed some) . After i dot 2 or 3 , i fear them , dot the rest and just focus on two do burn down , with the procs you will get with instant mind spikes and everything it should be good. then dot again the remaining gnomes and burn each one down starting with the biggest on health.