Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leatherworking, if you didn't level it while you leveled skinning.

Deleted
    LW, on my realm at least. Can't power level it because there's never more than 1 stack of any leathers from medium to rugged.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    People who mention gathering professions must not understand what this thread is about. Herbalism, mining and skinning doesnt even compare to
    the horrible pain that is leveling crafting professions like engineering or blacksmithing. Its not even close.
    It really depends. Gathering profession have the advantage of being free and follow some clear zone progression. On the other hand, you still have to collect hundreds of herbs and kill thousands of beasts and there's no real way of speeding it up.

Crafting? Well, if you have money to burn, it's usually just a matter of visitng AH every five minutes and burning through materials. 'Course, it can be horribly expensive and sometimes mats just aren't there. It's why I hated Leathworking - not only were materials hideously expensive, there weren't enough of them. Nothing like paying a fortune and still being forced to *ride* (that was pre-cataclysm) around the world, skinning hundreds of random monsters. And then you combine all those scraps into actual leather and find out that it's barely enough for a couple of items. It works pretty well if you work on it during actual leveling - since you can simply opt to grind some beasties - but when trying to get from 0 to 600 in one go... yeah.

At least with Blacksmithing, ore is ore. There are no "ore scraps" that you combine into "normal ore".

How has no-one mentioned JC? From 200-300 is just pure painful. Don't even remember the names of the gems but the ones you get from Thorium and such.. omg.. never again!
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering! You need mats to make parts that are required by other parts that are needed for an item that needs even more parts to make another item :S

Deleted
    enchanting, i can never take myself to level that prof on my alt.

Yeah, BS/Eng overall, just because the mats cost a ton if you're not willing to farm them yourself. (At least through Wrath mats)

Since CRZ leveling gathering professions has been AWFUL though. I'm willing to deal with the competition my medium pop server serves up at any given time, but having to deal with all the gold farmers throughout the Emberstorm BG is terrible. =(

Basically anything that's not a gathering profession. I leveled both blacksmithing and jewelcrafting on a toon with no gathering professions. It wasn't necessarily hard, but FUCK it was expensive.

Skinning / Leatherworking. have fun skinning Thick, Rugged and wrath leather.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have to go with enchanting, I have only had 1 enchanter in my years of playing and it was a bitch to level then. LW is close behind just because leather is annoying to gather. Herb/mining you don't have to kill anything then loot, you can just stay on your mount if your a druid.

Archaeology. I've never hated a prof so much.

enchanting used to be hard, it's better now. Go farm old stuff, use shatters/combines to get what you need.. had plenty of mats to get to 600 just from panda quest rewards. Long gone are the days of sitting on top of the bank spamming trade for a BS to make me another goddamn ridiculous rod.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally BS is/was pretty easy for me, i had tons of mats and rarely had to buy anything off the AH. LW is an absolute nightmare, from tedious amounts of skining for mats to the outrageous prices for the low quantity available in the AH. Tried to make my new monk replace my cata-level LW rogue, gave up at <250 level. Opted to go with herb/inscription. engineering was also a breeze with the amounts of ore im farming spread across 3 miners. my JC, Eng., and BS are all miners so im currently swimming in ore, in fact ive even had to put some extra surplus on the Ah since ive run out of bag space on a couple alts.

hardest for me this expac actually is alchemy, since the good flasks require golden lotus that are stupid expensive and i have almost no luck finding nodes on my own.
    Last edited by Crimsonfiend76; 2012-11-29 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    All of them are easy, just get a guide :x

Deleted
    Archaeology before they increased the amount of nodes per spot.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    Agreed, I promised myself I'd get the blue bug mount and I did in the first week of cataclysm :O and my god that grind was horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    I agree, but also even afterwards. Just the most boring. Fly here, fly there. Dig. Mount up. Fly Here, fly there. Lather rinse repeat. lol

Of the professions I've leveled, I'd go with jewelcrafting. However, I'd bet that blacksmithing would be the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends on what your profession combo is.

My main was an engineer/enchanter and I hated alts so I had no gatherers until late Wrath. It was expensive and time consuming to level that combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with the OP. BS is just that, BS! lol