Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Like what?
    Like a change in design philosophy. Effectively what your saying is that as long as they keep pumping out crap you'll keep paying for it and you think were all strange because we don't accept the shit they keep shoveling.

Subs drop = 180 change in game direction

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Like a change in design philosophy.
    That would be the same as poor content. Yes? Why would they risk what they have left and throw out junk?

Effectively what your saying is that as long as they keep pumping out crap you'll keep paying for it and you think were all strange because we don't accept the shit they keep shoveling.
    Not sure where you got this from. What you enjoy is not what I enjoy. Nor do I think you have to enjoy what I do. If blizzard changes their game to something I don't like I will look for a new one.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-12-13 at 12:49 AM.

Despite people claiming many many things, to know facts and be the ones with a clue about WoW, you'll never be anything more than ants among billions thinking you know it all about a subject with huge diversity and subjectivity within it. You think the game is "crap" and the content is bad? Well whoop-de-do for you, you are not the boss of everyone else. Move on to some other game if it's so incredibly beneath you to even look at the WoW logo.

Me? I'm having more fun and seeing more activity in this game than I have since...well, since I started. Not that I am one of these sad people seeking out and caring so much about statistics, if the game is always on + in gains of subs or how much time OTHERS are spending in-game. For as long as I enjoy it, I'll play it regardless of what others might think. I hope that annoys the anti-fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Despite people claiming many many things, to know facts and be the ones with a clue about WoW, you'll never be anything more than ants among billions thinking you know it all about a subject with huge diversity and subjectivity within it. You think the game is "crap" and the content is bad? Well whoop-de-do for you, you are not the boss of everyone else. Move on to some other game if it's so incredibly beneath you to even look at the WoW logo.

Me? I'm having more fun and seeing more activity in this game than I have since...well, since I started. Not that I am one of these sad people seeking out and caring so much about statistics, if the game is always on + in gains of subs or how much time OTHERS are spending in-game. For as long as I enjoy it, I'll play it regardless of what others might think. I hope that annoys the anti-fans.
    Gratz, your post has nothing to do with this thread. Way to not read anything.

And, if I remember right, just a couple months ago WoW was dead to you and you were a complete die hard GW2 fan. Funny how hypocritical you are....

That would be the same as poor content. Yes? Why would they risk what they have left and throw out junk?

Not sure where you got this from. What you enjoy is not what I enjoy. Nor do I think you have to enjoy what I do. If blizzard changes their game to something I don't like I will look for a new one.
    Likely because nothing would actually get thrown out. Usually radical changes don't happen until expansions come out. Having said that if you like the current system you shuold want to see high subs because if subs drop design philosophies change and they move away from what doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Gratz, your post has nothing to do with this thread. Way to not read anything.

And, if I remember right, just a couple months ago WoW was dead to you and you were a complete die hard GW2 fan. Funny how hypocritical you are....
    I have been a fan for GW2 and still am, but if you claim that WoW was ever dead to me, then you're a liar/dunce. OR, just one of those peeps unable to grasp that it IS possible to like more than one mmorpg/be tired of the game you play without catching the ex-partner syndrome. "Hypocritical"...haha, talk about taking things to the extreme when it comes to what games people play or not.

Move on, stop hatin' because someone loves a game that you don't.

Oh, and if my post according to you (which is so unimportant to me I can barely express it) has nothing to do with the thread and the discussion(s) going on in it, then you are doing just a lousy job at reading yourself. Just thought I'd point that out.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-12-13 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Are you serious?

If the NA/EU subs tank then anybody playing those realms is also affected via loss of substantial profit, lack of realm activity, etc. You want the NA/EU numbers to stay the same or increase. To a stockholder hearing about an increase in the Asian markets might be nice, but to a player in the NA/EU markets they dont mean a damn thing.
    Hueh.

Someone should warn this guy that this scenario is no longer valid since MoP...

Cross realm play says Hi !

Because a fully implemented cross server play (Zones (now), real friends play (now) added with CS guild play and trading) will keep Azeroth fully populated whether you play it with 100K or 10 million.

In fact as of now worlds will be more populated than ANY single server could EVER hold, independant of populations.

I guess we have seen the last trials of these kinds of threads... For a player Azeroth will always be highly populated even with 1% of present day players.

That's why they are so supported by the trolls ))

BTW: all stats are positive. On Xfire GW2 glides further and further against WOW and there is 10% more WoW activity on that other graph than Dec last year...

So ? ? ?

---

No surprise really. ALL WOW killers have been launched in the last 5 years with the last 2 ones published and gone already (compared to WOW numbers).

These WoW killers are now on life support laying in a sick bed with terminal diseases, the few lucky ones flooded the shores of this well knows lone Island: "the F2P WOW killer Isles".

So what's next ? .... silence ... silence ... Apparently all Lores are already burned by now. Perhaps make an MMO about bananas.

... silence ...

Just be glad there is still WOW, because without it this genre would be as dead as computer hex wargames: 1000 copies sold .
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-13 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Likely because nothing would actually get thrown out. Usually radical changes don't happen until expansions come out. Having said that if you like the current system you shuold want to see high subs because if subs drop design philosophies change and they move away from what doesn't work.
    I'm still waiting to hear what would change if subs drop by 50%

You all say things will change, but can anyone say what will change and how it will effect the average player.

You all say things will change, but can anyone say what will change and how it will effect the average player.
    Most of us aren't game developers but you don't have to be a scientist to understand if you throw a rock over a cliff it will fall. Saying nothing will change because the game looses half of it's sub base is absurd. OF COURSE things will change. Even if they didn't lose half of their sub base the game would still change, presuming of course that the developers care about their game and their fans.

Deleted
    took 3 weeks for my activity on WoW to reach zero... good ole days are gone im afraid... too much time spent on MMOs since early 2000s means many people (including me) just cant be arsed anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of us aren't game developers but you don't have to be a scientist to understand if you throw a rock over a cliff it will fall. Saying nothing will change because the game looses half of it's sub base is absurd. OF COURSE things will change. Even if they didn't lose half of their sub base the game would still change, presuming of course that the developers care about their game and their fans.
    I don't expect you to say fine details.

What will change?

Content rate?
    Content quality?

What?

I don't expect you to say fine details.

What will change?

Content rate?
    Content quality?

What?
    Depends on the feedback that they get from leaving players. My suspicion is that this daily mishegoss will be looked at again and the time to reward ratio will be increased overall. To say NOTHING will happen based on player feed back is absurd of course.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-13 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Hueh.

Someone should warn this guy that this scenario is no longer valid since MoP...

Cross realm play says Hi !

Because a fully implemented cross server play (Zones (now), real friends play (now) added with CS guild play and trading) will keep Azeroth fully populated whether you play it with 100K or 10 million.

In fact as of now worlds will be more populated than ANY single server could EVER hold, independant of populations.

I guess we have seen the last trials of these kinds of threads... For a player Azeroth will always be highly populated even with 1% of present day players.

That's why they are so supported by the trolls ))

BTW: all stats are positive. On Xfire GW2 glides further and further against WOW and there is 10% more WoW activity on that other graph than Dec last year...

So ? ? ?

---

No surprise really. ALL WOW killers have been launched in the last 5 years with the last 2 ones published and gone already (compared to WOW numbers).

These WoW killers are now on life support laying in a sick bed with terminal diseases, the few lucky ones flooded the shores of this well knows lone Island: "the F2P WOW killer Isles".

So what's next ? .... silence ... silence ... Apparently all Lores are already burned by now. Perhaps make an MMO about bananas.

... silence ...

Just be glad there is still WOW, because without it this genre would be as dead as computer hex wargames: 1000 copies sold .
    This poster makes me laugh all the time with his "YOU NEED TO SEE THE FUTURE" bullshit. CRZ will solve NOTHING, and some of the things you say are not in game and won't be for a long time. Like in another thread said to you: community, guilds etc. are the reasons people play this game. 99% of the players do NOT care about being in a less populated ZONE, they do care playing on a less populated REALM. But keep on crowing about the future of CRZ...

They can't say exactly WHAT would happen, only that "things would change" and excuse me but...duh?

I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about WoW losing 50% of the playerbase when it hasn't happened. Plain and simple. AND, I very much doubt that ANYTHING spouted by the random people out here could do anything to change this IF it did happen. Whatever happened to just playing the game for yourself, and move along if that's no longer what you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the feedback that they get from leaving players. My suspicion is that this daily mishegoss will be looked at again and the time to reward ratio will be increased overall. To say NOTHING will happen based on player feed back is absurd of course.
    Players can only give feed back when they quit?

Or do you think that is the only feedback they listen to?

But even still how does that change the overall game? It's still world of warcraft. It's been the same basic game for 7-8 years now. It will stay the same basic game until it dies.

Blizzard has never needed an excuse to make changes to the game if they feel they are needed. Look at the changes from every expansion.

No I don't see huge major game changes from loosing subs. Nothing more than what they do already that is.

They can't say exactly WHAT would happen, only that "things would change" and excuse me but...duh?
    Of course we can't. We don't know what the feedback is and more to the point were not Blizzard. The fact is the guy your quoting seems to think nothing would change and life would go on merrily in the world of warcraft when clearly that isn't the case.

Any other feedback is worth very little. Talk is cheap, but actually stopping playing shows you mean it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about WoW losing 50% of the playerbase when it hasn't happened. Plain and simple. AND, I very much doubt that ANYTHING spouted by the random people out here could do anything to change this IF it did happen. Whatever happened to just playing the game for yourself, and move along if that's no longer what you want?
    Things change even when everything is going good so.....?

But even still how does that change the overall game? It's still world of warcraft. It's been the same basic game for 7-8 years now. It will stay the same basic game until it dies.

Blizzard has never needed an excuse to make changes to the game if they feel they are needed. Look at the changes from every expansion.

No I don't see huge major game changes from loosing subs. Nothing more than what they do already that is.
    No but if theirs enough of a sub loss due to some they added or removed, then that particular aspect will be looked over agian. Look what your basically saying is theirs no amount of bs they can throw my way that will make me quit because it's still world of warcraft and the game hasn't changed over 7-8 years. It's ABSURD. Of course the game will change and the changes will have impact. I mean otherwise the game is just doomed to lose subs constantly. It's such a defeatist attitude. You may not think it changes the game overall but rest assured the devs disagree with you. The game will go through many changes based on player feedback from those leaving and from those staying to. If enough leave over a particular aspect then the impetus to change that aspect will be greater and a priority will be placed on looking over it. Or the game is doomed. Take your pick.