Thread: 1v1 arena.

1v1 arena.

I have been wanting this for the past 5 years.

I was thinking it would be like 2v2. No gear rewards like 3v3 becouse 1v1 would be just as unbalanced as 2v2.

When I log on and I am all geared out for PvP. Battleground isent really interesting anymore and I have no arena partners to play with.
    And 70% of the people outside orgimmar on stormscale are just sitting there on their glad mounts ''2cool4duels''

So I am left nothing entertaining to do in the game as I only play WoW for PvP.
    And I am only able to play the game while my arena partners are online.
    Also dueling with 3second delay isent very much fun.
    I am not complaining, just stating facts.

I am just wondering.
    Implementing would not hurt anyone. Theres not a single bad thing that could come out of it. Only good.
    Yes it would be unbalanced, but its something to do and hundreds of thousands of people find dueling fun and they would love 1v1 arena.

And adding it would not require to much work would it? I dont know how the programming works but I guess it would be simple.

So whats the problem?

Not likely to happen. People would QQ about it being unbalanced even though thats "intentional".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

There was a Blizz post about this subject a week or two ago. They mentioned that it will most likely not happen, because Class would be ever more unbalanced in a 1v1 situation. Example: Healer vs Healer

Brawlers guild. 1v1.

So these 2 healers walk into an arena. 3 hours later, one says to the other, why the hell are we doing this ....

Really though, they've said in a blue post recently this is extremely unlikely to happen. When it comes right down to it, the setup is just not viable. Class balancing is not done for 1v1, and is barely considered for 2v2. They balance pvp around 3v3 because that's the point where class and spec synergy really starts coming into play. Fewer than that, there's always going to be some specs that hard counter others, and there are going to be healer duels that are complete stalemates (or tank duels for that matter).

When you say not a single bad thing could come out of it ..... that just seems hopelessly optimistic to me. Or delusional, take your pick. If there's an area of content in the game, people will do it. If people are using your content and that content is unbalanced for particular classes or specs, they will feel as though they're being cheated. If people feel like they're being cheated, they'll complain about it to no end. At that point, the devs either have to fix something or alienate parts of their player base. Since fixing it probably means screwing with the balance of all other pvp content, both of those are bad things that could come from introducing 1v1 arenas.

Also, side note. Try out the new quest stuff in Krasarang. Although its technically pve content, that's pretty much the most involved world pvp I've seen in a while.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2012-11-29 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    There was a Blizz post about this subject a week or two ago. They mentioned that it will most likely not happen, because Class would be ever more unbalanced in a 1v1 situation. Example: Healer vs Healer
    They could prevent healer vs healer matches simply by avoiding any healing spec being paired with any healing spec. Or they could prohibit queuing up as a healer in 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They could prevent healer vs healer matches simply by avoiding any healing spec being paired with any healing spec. Or they could prohibit queuing up as a healer in 1v1.
    That would probably require a complete revamp of the arena queuing system as it does not currently look at people's specs. In fact no queuing system in the game looks at people's specs, only the role you pick. Even scenarios where it is supposed to be 3 dps will have healers queue and come in as resto/holy/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xpadamsn View Post
    So I am left nothing entertaining to do in the game as I only play WoW for PvP.
    And I am only able to play the game while my arena partners are online.
    There will be no 1v1, however, preCata, there was option for skirmish arenas (quite popular, nevermind what blue posts say). So you could practice arena games while your partners are offline and it wouldn't affect your rating. Your partner for skirmish arena would be chosen at random. Too bad that skirmish arenas are gone, and there is no word on them coming back.

It's called Dueling.

all it would be filled with is warriors in their present state of being overpowered. Did a 2v2 and got 2 warriors...with defensives up I dropped in about 2 seconds, I couldnt even react to the damage it was just charge stun, charge stun, dead