Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Boss kill = 15% chance at loot
    Coin = 25% chance at loot
    where did you get those numbers from? Are you just guessing, or did you find some serious evaluation on the droppchances somewhere?
    a static chance on loot doesnt really make sense. If a boss dropps 1 item for your class, and the other boss dropps 3, that essentially meanst that the one item from the first boss has a 3x higher chance to dropp (which doesn't at all fit the droppsystem on non-lfr bosses)

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Start raiding 25 man

just saw this... my 25 man guild runs 2 hunters...we have killed leishi from the first week it came out... both the other hunter and myself have used a coin every single kill and the gun has dropped twice...once normal and once heroic (we had heroic Lei Shi since mid Dec). that's a really shitty drop rate. i have the heroic gun and have been using my coin in hopes the mail belt drops..which never has.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    just saw this... my 25 man guild runs 2 hunters...we have killed leishi from the first week it came out... both the other hunter and myself have used a coin every single kill and the gun has dropped twice...once normal and once heroic (we had heroic Lei Shi since mid Dec). that's a really shitty drop rate. i have the heroic gun and have been using my coin in hopes the mail belt drops..which never has.
    I run 25 man too and we have not had a single ranged weapon drop in general, not from Will nor Lei Shi.

Both have been on farm for awhile, on normal, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    where did you get those numbers from? Are you just guessing, or did you find some serious evaluation on the droppchances somewhere?
    a static chance on loot doesnt really make sense. If a boss dropps 1 item for your class, and the other boss dropps 3, that essentially meanst that the one item from the first boss has a 3x higher chance to dropp (which doesn't at all fit the droppsystem on non-lfr bosses)
    Considering I prefaced it by saying "on LFR" a static drop chance makes perfect sense.

Blizzard has confirmed the internal roll for LFR as 85+ (ie if you roll higher than 85 you get loot) therefore 15% chance at loot.

25% chance from coin was a blue post I believe, I don't have access to it though which is why I said I wasn't 100% sure.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The LFR Taoren will become irrelevant once 5.2 comes in. I'm already looking towards another weapon --> http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95781

I just hope it drops at least a bit more often than Taoren does.

I want the damn axe off Sha so much. It's literally my favorite looking axe in the game.

Deleted
    In a nutshell, unlucky.

Another week... rolls 53 54 55 and 56.. no gun, roll 57 on the Normal mode kill = gun finally dropped, hunter that already had lfr version spent all his DKP to out bid me for it...

/sigh

Good side of it is... it dropped finally and the next one is mine!

But seriously... 3 weeks since I finished chapter 2 and still nothing to use my 2 legendary quest items in... kinda pathetic.

Taoren is effectively a 3.75% drop chance due to there being 4 pieces of Hunter loot on Lei Shei.

That's less than double the drop rate on ashes of al'ar.

The real problem is the amount of Hunter pieces his boss has. It should absolutely not be like that.

For what it's worth, I haven't been able to get that lame fist weapon off empress, worthless legendary gem if it can't even be used...

At least 5.2 is coming "soon" as I really am sick of trying after all these weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Another week... rolls 53 54 55 and 56.. no gun, roll 57 on the Normal mode kill = gun finally dropped, hunter that already had lfr version spent all his DKP to out bid me for it...

/sigh

Good side of it is... it dropped finally and the next one is mine!

But seriously... 3 weeks since I finished chapter 2 and still nothing to use my 2 legendary quest items in... kinda pathetic.
    And this is why you use loot council. No DKP, no RNG rolling. Just flat out giving the item to person that needs it the most.
    The hunter with LFR weapon gained what? 13 item levels?
    The other one would gain more itemlevels + 660 agility from wrathion shit.

Still no H-Lei Shi gun (or dagger for our rogue). 3 of the staves though, which our caster DPS don't even want.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    The LFR Taoren will become irrelevant once 5.2 comes in. I'm already looking towards another weapon --> http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95781

I just hope it drops at least a bit more often than Taoren does.
    Even Heroic upgraded Taoren will be obsolete when 5.2 hits. The extra agi won't outweigh the weapon damage of the new weapons. Even going from 517 to 522 will be a DPS upgrade even losing all the agility.

and i got my gun first kill... however i have never seen a second one drop... but it really doesn't matter

Even Heroic upgraded Taoren will be obsolete when 5.2 hits.
    While I like the "glass is half full" approach, it does nothing for the work put in for the legendary quest line done over the past 3 months with no gun to equip the two rewards with... it also does nothing for the 3 months of 3 coins every week wasted on the gun that could of been going to heroic gear but because even the lfr gun is such a huge upgrade we had to hold them for that.

In my mind this was a complete joke of a legendary quest line as I have not gotten to use the reward for all the work and time has run out with no payoff on said work...

Truly pathetic game design.

praise the RNG gods!

i'm one of those that used a blue 463 for ever, well until I got the 7200 conquest built up and then used a 470, upgraded to 478 pvp weapon for several more months.

With my 10man's only 2 night 4 hours per night raiding schedule, we don't get to farm much, but rather save lockouts and progress to hold server first....thus 3 weeks ago when we got protectors and Lei shi down the same night, I knew we might not be back for a bit.
    Luckily we got TSULONG last week, so this week we started right on LEI SHI and the other hunter was there so 2 of us in 10man
    he coined the Heroic GUN and lucky for me since my coin was GOLD, the GUN dropped also..whew

because now i'm sure we will be on a saved lockout working on the final kill to get 16/16 before 5.2

damn RNG....

Kill number 10 (1st on HC) and still no gun... I have 505 ilvl, rank 8th hunter on my server and I'm only one in top50 without a gun ;] Everyone in my guild have a lot of fun with this. Same thing was in DS with our warr tank and his shield. Over 40 Warmaster kills, most of them on HC and he was using shield from Firelands ;]

Maybe in 5.2 I'll be more lucky with weapon
    Last edited by dzidek; 2013-02-12 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    Even Heroic upgraded Taoren will be obsolete when 5.2 hits. The extra agi won't outweigh the weapon damage of the new weapons. Even going from 517 to 522 will be a DPS upgrade even losing all the agility.
    As BM 522 Shatterd Tortoiseshell Longbow sims 1.4k DPS under 517 Taoren with Sha touched gem + prismatic socket for me.

However BM doesn't scale as well with weapon damage as Marksman and Survival do and things will change around depending what spec ends up being higher DPS. The 522 Bow was simming about 300 DPS ahead for Survival and Marksman.

Checking In:

IT IS OVER!!!!

Roll 60 on normal mode, gun drops!
    The 3rd hunter in our 25 man has less than half my DKP yet bids me up all his DKP knowing he cant get it, just to force me to spend way more than I should so I drop below him in overall DKP...

Good news: FINALLY its over, and I am ranking again!
    Bad news: My guild is filled with asshats that wont work together so all 3 of the hunters can benefit...

Got up to 28 Lei Shi kill today (LFR and normal combined, all coined or while eligible for loot) and no gun.
    12 WotE kills and no bow.

pls hurry up 5.2 and pls be better with RNG.