Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I got the BMAH-exclusive gun for 12k.... It's pretty nice until I get something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Deleted
    Theres a epic bow on the BMAH, but its BMAH, so yeah, gl. :/

I've been bitching at my guild mates about the fact that I've yet to see a ranged weapon, while our paladin tank actually got the raigonn bow on one of the first weeks >_<' obv coins gets blown on leishi/emp(previously) now leishi/leishi RF

meh rng is rng

Deleted
    OP here, still rocking 463 (471 with upg) blue gun, item level is now 492
    Done: Lei RF, WIll RF, Will normal, saved last coin on Lei normal.

Coined this week Lei RF and Protectors elite. Not going to arse bout the will bow anymore when I have gem in bank.

BMAH 483 gun spawns fairly often on my realm but screw that, it never goes below 70k. Damn full server.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's worse seeing the weapons get disenchanted on heroic WOTE because you play a DK alt for gripping rages into ring's of frost ;_;.
    Oh my god! The little happy hunter inside of me just died a little.

I specifically joined a 25 man to avoid such loot RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    gonna be doing Lei Shi tonight. Brothers I humbly request sacrifices for the gun. I am at 0 coins atm and situation looks grim the blue weapon I got is so terrible it makes me cry. Oh hunter gods *gets dark and kneels as drums play* I beseech you oh hunter gods *grabs bow* I wish to honor you, and to honor you I humbly request a better instrument to rain upon my foes. *blood sacrifice* I offer blood in return for a better weapon. *sky clears* well now that thats done Ill see myself out.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what? I'm a Warrior, and for the entirety of Dragon Soul, I did not win a roll on even ONE Gurthalak. When there was barely anyone who could use it, it didn't drop, and when it did drop, it was either needed for OS, or needed to give to someones guildie. And You're complaining about raids that have been out for less than two months?

I'll tell you what I think about the new loot system. I got Starshatter on my second week of LFR. I like those odds considerably better than 8 or so months of a 378 weapon, watching it go to someone who already had it or didn't need it in the first place.

For the record, 25m raiding is not the "'auto-answer" to these weapon drops.

3 actively raiding hunters in 25m guild, all spending coins for-the-gold-win:

6 WotE kills normal, 6 WotE kills LFR, 1 bow off either mode out of these 36 total 25m kills
    3 Lei Shi kills normal, 3 Lei Shi kills LFR, 0 guns off either mode out of these 18 total 25m kills

1 hunter still in 463 blue, 1 hunter wearing the single 389 bow drop, and me in BMAH 383 gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Start raiding 25 man
    Tell that to our hunter that got the weapon off black market AH because we hadn't had a single bow/gun drop. And that's 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by mythas View Post
    For the record, 25m raiding is not the "'auto-answer" to these weapon drops.

3 actively raiding hunters in 25m guild, all spending coins for-the-gold-win:

6 WotE kills normal, 6 WotE kills LFR, 1 bow off either mode out of these 36 total 25m kills
    3 Lei Shi kills normal, 3 Lei Shi kills LFR, 0 guns off either mode out of these 18 total 25m kills

1 hunter still in 463 blue, 1 hunter wearing the single 389 bow drop, and me in BMAH 383 gun.
    Even in 25s you'll still have some guilds that experience RNG. Welcome to math Mythas. With a 495 ilevel I have a hard time feeling sorry for you Just think about how long this tier is going to be. A long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had been using the 463 caster dagger since release, and only just got my sha touched weapon this week, so I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir1122 View Post
    Guess what? I'm a Warrior, and for the entirety of Dragon Soul, I did not win a roll on even ONE Gurthalak. When there was barely anyone who could use it, it didn't drop, and when it did drop, it was either needed for OS, or needed to give to someones guildie. And You're complaining about raids that have been out for less than two months?

I'll tell you what I think about the new loot system. I got Starshatter on my second week of LFR. I like those odds considerably better than 8 or so months of a 378 weapon, watching it go to someone who already had it or didn't need it in the first place.
    How is the fact that your guild is run by monkeys who can't distribute loot relevant to this discussion? Anecdotally ranged weapons have tended to be low drop rate and off the last/second last boss nearly always. Whereas classes like rogues had stuff they could get rather easily to tide them over till their bis (I.e the amount of daggers and fist weaps. 2 in the first 3 bosses or ssomething)

Been using 2x upgraded 478 Conquest bow for the same reason. Haven't seen a single WOTE or Lei Shei weapon drop yet.

People have been complaining about this since Vanilla, it's totally RNG as we all know.

I've gotten a belt, shoulders, pants, 2 sets of bracers Elegon's Torch, Regail's Dagger and Loshan on my lock in the 3 weeks he's been 90, while my Warrior who's been LFRing since the start is still rocking his heroic axes and only LFR gloves (which I've gotten 3 times now.)

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I feel your pain and i understand it... at least now you can upgrade with 1500 JP, but still, there's a lot of casual hunters out there that don't have access to normal raiding and the options available out there in LFR are scarse... especialy because every hunter in every LFR is probably looking for that option aswell.

I think there should be an extra 476 ranged weapon out there for more options to people who just came out of 463 content, but i'm probably biased to say it...
    There is ONE alternative, albeit the droprate is likely even worse: The low-chance epic from Gate of the Setting Sun's last boss. But that is like RNG to the max frankly.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I'm still trying to get my 2h from Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Start raiding 25 man
    Said it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

got my raid finder bow today with my coin roll wooooooot!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed Lei Shi....no gun....D: sad face