Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The 5.1 plotline is actually all about Garrosh trying to harness the power of the sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To quote the sha

So long has violence lurks in your heart...I will return...
    You cannot escape me. I am... in... every... breath...
    The Sha have some of the best voice acting I've heard in WoW. I think the bolded one is the Sha of Doubt, and so far it's my favorite sound clip from this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a fantastic xpac so far to me. So much to learn from, and so much to do =P

Deleted
    I really do hope they continue the Sha story line and maybe throw in a bit of old god lore. I love the sha and they have so much potential for lore and game play. I am really curious as to what emotion the 7th sha will be though.

the sha cannot be killed in a sense. The sha really are nothing on their own, they are manifestations of Y'soraj (spelling). He technically could not be "killed", more so imprisoned. But it was his last breath before that where he cursed the land. If he is technically "alive" he can control and spawn sha. Thats what i got from it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32352

"Confront 8 Sha-Touched Grunts"
    When I arrived here, I found Garrosh... experimenting... with some ancient power that he found in the mountains to the north.

He believes that this "sha" can strengthen our soldiers.

Unfortunately, so far the results have been quite the opposite.

Our troops are erupting into random violence. Go and interrogate them. If they threaten you, be prepared to defend yourself.

This reminds of exactly what we dealt with fighting the Yaungol. Except the Yaungol took it on by desperation, Garrosh is trying to weaponize it.

I did a quest in the goblin mines last night where I had to collect ore. Mining a node down there would spawn three tiny Despair sha. I think the sha's influence in Krasarang is diminished because we killed the Sha of Despair at the nearby temple, but with the renewed fighting, it might be getting revived.
    The temple is in the control of the Alliance with Anduin and the most powerful priestess on Azeroth within its confines as well as Chi-ji who seems to be approving of Varian. I don't think it's going to happen. Especially since *not a drop of Alliance blood* was shed taking it.

see i would've Though that the Sha was back due to the battle of 5.1

They've been pushed back, not destroyed entirely. They'll return. It's only a matter of time.

I ask myself why Garrosh has not caused any Sha outbreak yet... He is causing a lot of negative feelings in Krasarang....

Maybe this is for storytelling reasons... The new faction quests are quite amazing, and having a Sha come to take over Garrosh too soon would spoil the fun...

Maybe Garrosh will awaken the seventh Sha...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I ask myself why Garrosh has not caused any Sha outbreak yet... He is causing a lot of negative feelings in Krasarang....

Maybe this is for storytelling reasons... The new faction quests are quite amazing, and having a Sha come to take over Garrosh too soon would spoil the fun...

Maybe Garrosh will awaken the seventh Sha...
    The most badass of all Shas. The Sha of Jaw Tattoo's on Tiny Heads.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    me like !
    with the speech of Wrathion about something horrible would happen... i fear that the sha may corrupt azeroth, with all the war between the horde and alliance and the futur raid against Garosh...

OT- I think it is funny that Wrathion talks about the Horde and Alliance working together to defeat a larger threat yet you gain rep with him for killing the opposing faction in the new dailies. I think Wrathion may be a Dreadlord in disguise.
    Last edited by luccadeo; 2012-12-10 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilden View Post
    Nah Garrosh will not be possesed by a Sha, he will posses the Sha and create the Sha Of Garrosh that has the model of a Sha but Garrosh skin.
    Someone Shop this Meow!!!!!

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Someone Shop this Meow!!!!!
    Gimme a moment.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    see i would've Though that the Sha was back due to the battle of 5.1
    Well just because there is a battle or well, battles being fought does not mean that the sha need to pop up. If you think about it a Pandaren says (I can't remember exactly where/when) that "this is the worst/most powerful manifestation of the sha we have seen in centuries. I think I am remembering Cho in Jade Forest. Then take into account that the Mantid have a cycle where the Pandaren fight to keep them behind the wall every hundred years. That means that not all fighting causes it, because I can't see a mantid's hundred year cycle being smaller then a small battle that broke a statue.

10+ Year Old Account

Dear Titans what have I done

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    you made garrosh get slightly uglier.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The issue is, the Sha of Doubt should have also had two buddies: The Shas of Envy and Deceit. The Sha of Fear should have had two buddies: The Shas of Catatonia and Panic. Violence is related to but not an emotion itself. Hatred and Anger are separate, I agree, but they're taking up two slots while the others take up one.
    A catatonic sha would make for a pretty boring fight.

Sweet!

Outstanding

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the thing that should not be.

The thing that should not be?

This is that thing.

well lets see here.
    if you become exalted with the klaxxi, you get a massive lore chunk revealed to you.
    stop reading if you dont know, or dont want to know.
    Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'Shaarj.
    Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'Shaarj was destroyed.
    His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.

that is just a chunk of what the klaxxi tell you, the other being that the klaxxi share a common ancestry with the qiraji and the nerubians, and like the qiraji and nerubians, they served the old gods. the klaxxi will realign themselves with the old gods, should they return.
    now what the klaxxi tell you is that yshaarj, the seven headed old god (there are 7 sha), ruled over pandaria. the titans discovered that if an old god is killed, terrible devastation will result. for example, yogg saron creating the curse of flesh, responsible for dwarves, vrykul (then becoming humans), and gnomes, would also be subsequently destroyed when yogg saron would be killed. so how did the titans come to this conclusion of bad things would happen if old gods die? well, as the klaxxi say, yshaarj was killed by the titans. now it would be safe to say that pandaria was most likely either the landing zone for the titans, or the site where they first encountered old gods. when the titans killed yshaarj, he manifested his remaining essence into the sha.
    yshaarj had seven heads, he 'consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear'. all known sha manifestations. it is safe to assume that a being such as yshaarj, who is able to manifest his energy (the sha) after his body is destroyed, will be able to do so again, if his manifestations are destroyed as well.

at each old god location, a titan structure has also been located. at yogg saron, his prison was ulduar, along with the celestial observatory. at cthun, ungoro crater was the titan's creation, as evidenced by during the war of the shifting sands, the night elves were backed into ungoro, and the qiraji (servants of cthun) were not able to enter the crater. for yshaarj, mogushan vaults is the titan structure. elegon is a titan creation, as is the mogu. i would assume that once the titans destroyed yshaarj, they witnessed the sha's corruption abilities (with the mantid, who were actually just loyal to yshaarj, the titans just assumed corruption), so they created what is known now as mogushan vaults. the titans needed a race of incorruptible beings, who could be forged like weapons, and used to guard the races of pandaria against the sha. unfortunately, their incorruptible beings were not so incorruptible.
    an interesting fact is that in ulduar, and halls of lightning, azeroth is shown as after the sundering, not before. odd that the titans would document the world they pretty much created in its shattered form.

so this leaves us with either a massive retcon, or a gaping break in continuity. or, something different altogether. what if the titans did land on azeroth as it was a giant pangea like continent, and encountered yshaarj as their first old god?

(you may need to enlarge)
    this fan art i found of an azeroth before the sundering seems like an accurate imagining of what the world would have looked like. the only thing missing is pandaria, and the mantid. likely this map was created long before MoP, so that would make sense. so falling back onto what i said earlier, it was likely that the titans landed in pandaria (south azeroth pangea), encountered yshaarj, killed him (creating), created the mogu to combat the sha, and happy with the mogu, they explored the rest of azeroth. it is then that they discovered the night elves, and the dragons. the titans imbued the dragons with their titanic power, and continued on across azeroth. the titans then encountered yogg saron, so they created the iron dwarves, iron vykrul and mechagnomes. yogg saron cursed the titans creations, causing them to turn into mortal fleshlings. the titans imprisoned yogg saron, creating ulduar and the keepers, and establishing algalon's observatory. the titans discovered cthun, took no chances and imprisoned him.
    at this point it probably seems im getting off track. my main issue is the massive in-continuity of the titans creation/old gods corruption/sundering story.
    and to answer the original question, i would say that given the old gods power, which is equal to, if not greater than the titans, id say we have possibly seen the last of the sha, but that doesnt mean we have seen the last of yshaarj.

TLDR: titans killed yshaarj, an old god. yshaarj had seven heads, seven sha, do the math. the sha are manifestations of yshaarj's power. a being that is killed once, re originates itself seven times and is then killed again is not likely to ever stay dead.
    Last edited by Vyrd; 2012-12-12 at 07:23 AM.