frost dk macro question

Hi guys,

I'm using this buff macro on my orc frost dk (who is an engineer):

/cast Gauntlets of the Lost Catacomb
    /cast Pillar Of Frost
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Raise Dead

And I was wondering if this macro buffs my ghoul correctly since Synapse Springs and Pillar Of Frost boost my strength?

All of our pets now automatically update with our stats, so you no longer need to worry about having applicable buffs active before summoning your pet.

What he said. It updates dynamically so to be proper and save a gcd you should use your ghoul Ina different keybind, wait for the gcd then hit the macro and press obliterate/FS whatever.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Thanks for that info!

@ Regen
    I only waste 1 gcd with my macro, so I don't see exactly what you are saying.

#showtooltip Pillar of Frost
    /use 10
    /cast Pillar Of Frost
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Raise Dead

This would be a simple change but very convenient as /use 10 is the gloves slot and when you'll change your gloves in the future you won't have to worry about changing the macro or anything.

Deleted
    I wouldn't put /raise dead in a macro at all.
    Now that the ghoul doesn't take snapshot of the stats that you have at the cast time but rather it scales dynamically with your stats, you should cast the ghoul before you cast that dmg buff macro. Thing with dk ghoul is that it's not like a shadowpriests pet where as soon after you press the button it spawns instantly at the target and starts hitting it.
    Our DK ghoul after you press the cast button first has to get out of the ground which takes about 2-3sec, then it stands there for about a sec until it determines what to attack (rotten brain slow processing and all), then it has to charge to the target which takes bout another second. All in all our ghoul starts attacking about 4,5 sec after you cast it.
    So if you use that macro before or at the same time you cast raise dead, you waste 4,5 sec of that buff duration that your ghoul could have hit harder.
    What I do for example on pull is: I wait until 4,5 sec before pull, then cast ghoul then 1,2 sec before pull I prepot. Then on pull wait until the ghoul and I get to the target, then hit pillar of frost/trinket or synapse springs/ and whatnot macro.
    Last edited by mmocac2e068ba1; 2012-11-29 at 03:37 PM.

that's great advice Kibo and Wickedsoul, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsoul View Post
    What I do for example on pull is: I wait until 4,5 sec before pull, then cast ghoul then 1,2 sec before pull I prepot. Then on pull wait until the ghoul and I get to the target, then hit pillar of frost/trinket or synapse springs/ and whatnot macro.
    no aotd before pull?
    shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Youdeadnow View Post
    Thanks for that info!

@ Regen
    I only waste 1 gcd with my macro, so I don't see exactly what you are saying.
    Pretty much what the guy says a few posts up about the ghoul. But 1gcd is a lot when you have all of those buffs up. 2k str + 20% on all strength, plus 4k ap from blood fury. An extra obliterate or frost strike with those is a nice boost.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibô View Post
    #showtooltip Pillar of Frost
    /use 10
    /cast Pillar Of Frost
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Raise Dead

This would be a simple change but very convenient as /use 10 is the gloves slot and when you'll change your gloves in the future you won't have to worry about changing the macro or anything.
    Toss on at the end of that:

/use 13
    /use 14

and it will use your trinkets too, assuming only one is on-use.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Toss on at the end of that:

/use 13
    /use 14

and it will use your trinkets too, assuming only one is on-use.
    Problem with that is I do believe the engineering glove tinker starts a CD on the trinkets (and vice-versa), unless they've changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Problem with that is I do believe the engineering glove tinker starts a CD on the trinkets (and vice-versa), unless they've changed it.
    You're right. Forgot about that since I haven't used my engineer for anything besides The Lulz since Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    no aotd before pull?
    shame on you!
    Well i was trying to explain how to optimize the ghoul uptime etc. not how to do a pull..