Chloromancer Healing Help

Hey guys, been playing RIFT and I am up to level 28 and I have been playing my Mage Chloromancer, and I have L-O-V-I-N-G it!! I do have one problem that I cant seem to fix. On boss fights and trash packs with elites I do fine, but what I am struggling on is big trash packs. These big trash packs are the ones that have normal level adds, and die really fast, and I cant hardly get off any of my healing dmg spells on them because they go down too fast, but cause alot of damage to the tank. Right now I have been using Bloom and my other AoE healing,on the tank during this time, but they both have CDs and the tank has a hard time staying up.

Like I said if the packs have elite adds in them I have no problem...its just the packs with the normal adds and go down soo fast.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Ayo!

some fun stuff here to do as a Choloro:

I know you're level 28, But soon (48 point spend) you'll have access to natural splendor, which is an AOE heal that targets 8 enemies, does damage, and heals the party - its pretty powerful. At your level, you should have nature's fury, which is an AOE hit for 4 targets, so you can contribute to the damage while healing, even if its pretty quick.

finally, In conjunction with the above, I usually dot up the mobs with withering vines as they are approaching the tank and spam void life on any add that isn't the tanks primary target. I find it really effective.

remember to use synthesis on the tank at all times
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    What he said ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Ayo!

some fun stuff here to do as a Choloro:

I know you're level 28, But soon (48 point spend) you'll have access to natural splendor, which is an AOE heal that targets 8 enemies, does damage, and heals the party - its pretty powerful. At your level, you should have nature's fury, which is an AOE hit for 4 targets, so you can contribute to the damage while healing, even if its pretty quick.

finally, In conjunction with the above, I usually dot up the mobs with withering vines as they are approaching the tank and spam void life on any add that isn't the tanks primary target. I find it really effective.

remember to use synthesis on the tank at all times
    ooooo this Natural Splendor you are talking about must be the "Shammy Looking Chain Heal" I have been seeing in the YouTube. Looks sick and I cant wait to try it! My current AoE dmg ability nature's fury, that heals too right? Sorry I am learning this deal dmg = heals thing lol

Once again thanks for the help!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    ooooo this Natural Splendor you are talking about must be the "Shammy Looking Chain Heal" I have been seeing in the YouTube. Looks sick and I cant wait to try it! My current AoE dmg ability nature's fury, that heals too right? Sorry I am learning this deal dmg = heals thing lol

Life damage is translated into Heals. its a bit of a difficult adjustment at first, from a healer perspective, to play in a 70% dps style while only casting ACTUAL healing spells 30% or less of the time.

every single spell in your arsenal that has a life damage component is translated into heals
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post

I think the shammy looking chain heal is actually a trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, it's a proc from a couple of different healing trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Dang, I was looking forward to that too lol. O well

Thanks again for the quick feedback and tips

There was one of those trinkets in every tier in chocolate Rift, hopefully they continue to add them in Storm Legion, they have become a bit of a running joke in the community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    There was one of those trinkets in every tier in chocolate Rift, hopefully they continue to add them in Storm Legion, they have become a bit of a running joke in the community.
    When, i first started i actually thought it was a cleric spell :P but to be honest i do love the animation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    hopefully they continue to add them in Storm Legion
    The last boss in Expert Empyrean Core drops a SHoE type trinket, has the same green beams effect but heals 5 people, can't check it now as i'm not in game, will grab a screenie later