Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not all cops are bad.

With all the cop hate lately I wanted to post this to show. Not all cops are bad. Just like everything else there are a few bad apples that can tarnish everyone's name.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...145219581.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    With all the cop hate lately I wanted to post this to show. Not all cops are bad. Just like everything else there are a few bad apples that can tarnish everyone's name.

True, People only hear the loudest in a crowd, and the bad are often make the most noise (or seen on the news, or youtube)

Speaking of which there is a video on you of a guy walking down the street with his gun, a cop stopped him and did everything by the book. if i can find it i will post it.

Edit : i think this is it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXwP02Dkp7A

my office just blocked youtube so i cant check.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of sad that if this were a post about a cop doing something bad, there would be 20 pages, but a cop does something genuinely nice and no one cares.

Definitely the NY I know though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Kind of sad that if this were a post about a cop doing something bad, there would be 20 pages, but a cop does something genuinely nice and no one cares.

I was just thinking this same thing.

It' easier for people to hate than admit they are wrong.

Deleted
    It's a shame this even happens in the western world tbh. Why the hell is he not wearing any shoes ? Doesn't the US (or NY specifically) where homeless people can go to get free shoes ? Like the Red Cross for example ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    It's a shame this even happens in the western world tbh. Why the hell is he not wearing any shoes ? Doesn't the US (or NY specifically) where homeless people can go to get free shoes ? Like the Red Cross for example ?
    The city has shelters all over. I think the problem is a good portion have diminished mental capacity, so when they leave the shelter for the day to do whatever, they forget to come back at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to think this is only happening in america

http://www.rnw.nl/english/video/youn...sible%E2%80%99

I've never believed that all cops are bad. Every time I hear about a police brutality case, I take the side of the cop until I find out more, but the stories are generally told out of context and without all the details. My favorite one was of two cops outside a 7-11 and this man & woman couple were harassing the cops for about 15 minutes just because they hated cops, and said so repeatedly in the video that got posted to you tube. I wish I could find it again. The man was filming while the woman verbally assaulted the cops. After many many requests by the officers to back down and to be on their way the woman actually hit one of them which then resulted in her being thrown to the ground. When she resisted further she got tazed. There are two versions of the video, one that is probably the last minute or so of the confrontation where the lady is thrown to the ground and tazed, the other the whole 15 minute ordeal. Guess which one was posted by the guy filming and labeled as a police brutality video.

The city has shelters all over. I think the problem is a good portion have diminished mental capacity, so when they leave the shelter for the day to do whatever, they forget to come back at night.
    This is very true, I used to volunteer at a soup kitchen basically, most homeless people are not people who are just down on their luck or something, but are people who cannot function normally in society so they end up on the streets. If they don't have like family or something to take care of them then they have no where else to go, homeless shelters don't usually have places they can house all those people and care for them 24/7.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Kind of sad that if this were a post about a pilot crashing a plane, there would be 20 pages, but a pilot flying without incident to Australia and no one cares.

I think its because that as police officers we expect an exemplary behavior. Thats how it is in my country anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Kind of sad that if this were a post about a pilot crashing a plane, there would be 20 pages, but a pilot flying without incident to Australia and no one cares.

I think its because that as police officers we expect an exemplary behavior. Thats how it is in my country anyway.
    You expect police to take money out of their own pocket and buy homeless people cloths?

You expect police to take money out of their own pocket and buy homeless people cloths?
    No but i do expect/hope it is that kind of people who seek into the police force, fire fighters and other emergency workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    No but i do expect/hope it is that kind of people who seek into the police force, fire fighters and other emergency workers.
    that would be a nusence because they are not in an emergency to be always going to the cops with every little problem.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a cop is pretty much independent on whether or not you're a good/bad person.

Deleted
    You seem to think this is only happening in america

http://www.rnw.nl/english/video/youn...sible%E2%80%99
    I never said that. As for the video, quote "I did not spend all my money on alcohol" , yet the video says something different. He became homeless because he spend all his money on alcohol and drugs. Don't get me wrong, The Netherlands is a nice country.... if you have the money. A roof over your head is expensive and there's a huge lack of affordable houses in both the rent and buying sector. But the majority of people that are homeless spend it on alcohol of drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying to tell me that most cops are normal working citizens like most of us and just want to do their job and go home. Are you telling me that a lot of cops actually believe "to protect and to serve" and are cops because they genuinely want to look out for the safety of community. You mean to tell me that they are people actually willing to put their life on the line?

Nah, all cops are drug planting, dog shooting, pregnant women tazing, above the law hot heads.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Yeah not all cops are bad...but let me tell you my experiences with them so far.

First time I got ticket for drinking in a car. Next time was for supposedly supplying alcohol to minors..next time getting harassed while minding my own business in a crack project. The only good thing they ever did for me was taking me to the hospital while I was passed out with alcholol poisoning where I woke up with intravenous in both arms and diapers on and the nurse telling me I peed the bed twice during the night.

Yeah not a huge fan. But that cop in the story is cool.

This was hard for me to type.
    Last edited by Jayburner; 2012-11-29 at 09:24 PM.

nobody was there to film 20 minutes later when another cop passed by and beat the crap out of the guy and his new boots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said that. As for the video, quote "I did not spend all my money on alcohol" , yet the video says something different. He became homeless because he spend all his money on alcohol and drugs. Don't get me wrong, The Netherlands is a nice country.... if you have the money. A roof over your head is expensive and there's a huge lack of affordable houses in both the rent and buying sector. But the majority of people that are homeless spend it on alcohol of drugs.

I really don't know because I haven't checked myself. Do you have anything to back this claim up?

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Yeah not all cops are bad...but let me tell you my experiences with them so far.

First time I got ticket for drinking in a car. Next time was for supposedly supplying alcohol to minors..next time getting harassed while minding my own business in a crack project. The only good thing they ever did for me was taking me to the hospital while I was passed out with alcholol poisoning where I woke up with intravenous in both arms and diapers on and the nurse telling me I peed the bed twice during the night.

Yeah not a huge fan. But that cop in the story is cool.

This was hard for me to type.

I'm noticing a pattern here I don't really think you should be blaming the police for.

That happens with every subject in the world. But why complain? I'd complain when the forums are filled with nothing but sweet-nothings and positive praise, overlooking all the bad things that happen in the world.