Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Official Legend of Zelda Timeline

So as the title suggests, this is about the newly released Legend of Zelda timeline

If you are a fan of the series I really suggest watching this. A manly tear was shed when the video ended. It is about 40 min long (with 2 30sec commercial breaks) but it is worth it. Finally clears up the lore and the timeline.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...egend-of-zelda

Just thought some people would like this

The official timeline itself isn't that new.

It was new to me. Thanks for the vid, I enjoyed it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    So as the title suggests, this is about the newly released Legend of Zelda timeline

If you are a fan of the series I really suggest watching this. A manly tear was shed when the video ended. It is about 40 min long (with 2 30sec commercial breaks) but it is worth it. Finally clears up the lore and the timeline.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...egend-of-zelda

Just thought some people would like this
    not saying it isn't a nice video (haven't watched it i'm at work atm.)

But if this wasn't made by nintendo how is it "official"?

What the?

They COMPLETELY missed out the Wand of Gamelon, Clearly the greatest Zelda game of them all!!

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    not saying it isn't a nice video (haven't watched it i'm at work atm.)

But if this wasn't made by nintendo how is it "official"?
    It was made by Nintendo. The timeline was released in the Hyrule Historia which was officially released by Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It was made by Nintendo. The timeline was released in the Hyrule Historia which was officially released by Nintendo.

A timeline was release by nintendo. This is a fan made video explaining the timeline (watching it now)

A timeline was release by nintendo. This is a fan made video explaining the timeline (watching it now)
    Watching it now too, I'm assuming they'll cover the official timeline given the video was released not long ago, and the official Nintendo timeline was released awhile ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Watching it now too, I'm assuming they'll cover the official timeline given the video was released not long ago, and the official Nintendo timeline was released awhile ago.

Yeah it's turning out to be a nice video so far. Just waiting to see how they tie them all together.

watching it though makes me sad about how many zelda games I haven't played.

Not sure If I will get to finish it. player seems to have locked up after the second commercial. Now it won't load anymore
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-11-29 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Makes me sad that I havent played any zelda games since windwaker/link to the past remake But one day!

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I want to finish this video it don't look like i'm going to. Video stopped loading 2/3 of the way through. Went to refresh and all I get is a black screen if I try to fast forward

my favorite game of all time. legend of zelda ocinara of time. hands down

Yeah it's turning out to be a nice video so far. Just waiting to see how they tie them all together.

watching it though makes me sad about how many zelda games I haven't played.

Not sure If I will get to finish it. player seems to have locked up after the second commercial. Now it won't load anymore
    Seems the commercial is messing the video up for a lot of people, addblocker helped me out with that so I saw it all. It was a good video, put me in the mood to play OOT, and I preordered Hyrule Historia right after watching. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched the video ,but from looking at the book I still haven't really figured out where the 3rd "Link fails/dies" timeline from Ocarina of Time comes from that leads into the SNES/NES/GameBoy games, almost to me just seemed like something Nintendo made up to connect all the games to the series. Its an awesome idea, I just don't remember any events in the game that I would think of that would of caused such an event unless it had to do with the couple minor times you had to go back to Kid Link to complete some stuff and somehow that creates a dead Link future or whatever(unless I am forgetting some major event that could of caused it). I however kind of hope that's some kind of foreshadowing to a future Zelda game that would explain how that happened and maybe even revisit OoT, though I doubt it.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-11-30 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Makes me sad i never owned a n64, gamecube or wii. Hopefully a few remakes for the 3ds might happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I haven't watched the video ,but from looking at the book I still haven't really figured out where the 3rd "Link fails/dies" timeline from Ocarina of Time comes from that leads into the SNES/NES/GameBoy games, almost to me just seemed like something Nintendo made up to connect all the games to the series. Its an awesome idea, I just don't remember any events in the game that I would think of that would of caused such an event unless it had to do with the couple minor times you had to go back to Kid Link to complete some stuff and somehow that creates a dead Link future or whatever(unless I am forgetting some major event that could of caused it). I however kind of hope that's some kind of foreshadowing to a future Zelda game that would explain how that happened and maybe even revisit OoT, though I doubt it.
    I finally got the video to work for me and finished watching it.

If you are curious it is a good watch and explains it fairly well.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very nice video.... and the songs!! my god I had a nostalgia trip from my childhood, Zelda has some awesome songs.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

heh I replayed the ending of teh video like 6 times just to listen to the music XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    The death line is just that - Link dies. When you die in OoT as an adult you fail the quest and evil wins and that fulfills that line's "what if" origin. The fact that you restart at some earlier point is just a game mechanic. In the video they say that at some point in the fight with Ganon he ends up killing Link and takes over, and from there it starts the whole imprisoning war thing and eventually ALTTP along with the other games happen. There isn't really much more to it.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-12-01 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The death line is just that - Link dies. When you die in OoT as an adult you fail the quest and evil wins and that fulfills that line's "what if" origin. The fact that you restart at some earlier point is just a game mechanic. In the video they say that at some point in the fight with Ganon he ends up killing Link and takes over, and from there it starts the whole imprisoning war thing and eventually ALTTP along with the other games happen. There isn't really much more to it.
    Ehh that sounds kind of stupid to me if that is the whole reason. The fact that its relying on a sort of 4th wall event like the player messing up and getting a Game Over that would create a whole new time line just seems kind of tacked on to me. By that logic getting a game over in games like Chrono Trigger and TimeSplitters would create a whole new parallel series of events, or even in other Nintendo series losing all your lives would create whole new separate events, I mean like wouldn't that also mean games like Oracle of Ages and Skyward Sword also have potential for completely different time lines to split off into(if by Ninty's logic the what-if death is caused by time travel or whatever)? I guess it would make sense if the whole Death Line is considered just a spin off of sorts by Nintendo as just making up a new storyline of what would of happened if Link had died in OoT but the fact that they don't really try to connect it to the events in the game is just kind of disappointing to me.

To me it just kind of makes it feel like the Death Line games are completely disconnected from the rest of the series since there is no real connection to the other games/time lines and is just its own "What-If" scenario series, at least the other 2 time lines made a bit more sense to the actual events in the game, just to me as much as I love having all the games connected it just kind of seems like Nintendo just made the Death Line up so they could connect all the games to the series.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-12-01 at 07:11 AM.