Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm pretty sure that Gerudos used some Hylian men to reproduce. But they only give birth to females as it is known now, a male borns one hundred years. After OoT and Link warning about the consecuenses of trusting Ganondorf to Zelda. The King orders his execution. But but the race was not erradicated was in fact banished. If you remember Naboru was the Spirit Sage and second in command to Ganondorf. According to lore, she was pretty old before Ganondorf was born so their lifetime is vastly longer than Hylian. Also Koume and Kotake were pretty old when they brainwashed Naboru and fought Link (Seven years between both scenes) but there some disagreement since is not known if their fused form was in fact they true form. If that is correct, then they actually probe they live longer than most Hylian races.

After hundred years of banishment they retreated further to the Desert and was considered an extinct race.

There's a lot of speculation about the cursed swordman identity. I do not think is the MM link since he went to the woods searching for Navi but he never came back (It is explained in WW intro)

P.S. Anyone know about ALTP remake? I actually hope there is! Was my 1st Zelda game I played in my childhood and the one I think is the best of all.
    Last edited by Ayazaki1218; 2012-12-03 at 02:39 AM.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Gerudos used some Hylian men to reproduce. But they only give birth to females as it is known now, a male borns one hundred years.

P.S. Anyone know about ALTP remake? I actually hope there is! Was my 1st Zelda game I played in my childhood and the one I thinks is the best of all.
    It's kind- of sort-of implied that they did capture the men of Hyrule to reproduce, think about the carpenters they captured in OOT. It's nothing concrete, but if you put some things together it kind of makes sense.

Also, there was a remake of ALttP for GBA, and Miyamoto has stated he is interested in remaking it again: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/12/mi...k-to-the-past/

Right! I forgot about the carpenters. I was oblivious (until now) why they were there... Hahaha!

If Miyamoto creates 3DS remake of ALTTP It would be my only reason to buy a 3DS.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    but they still had OoT Link's grave in what seemed to be a recently ruined hyrule castle, I seriously want to know what happened (also why is he the "cursed swordsman"?)

also just checked the quote, he said my child which is a bit stranger in that context. I still like my idea better.

Edit: I just thought of something. How long do gerudo live? because shortly before the begining of TP gannon from OoT was being executed, I can somewhat understand if he lives longer due to being the only male of them but they need to clarify so we can get some understanding of time here.
    Graves can last a long time. A lot of people assume that Link became a stalfos while he was looking for Navi in the lost woods, and they could've easily reclaimed his body in that case. "My child" is still a term of endearment that is especially used by masters to address their apprentices. The execution scene in TP took place a few years after the child Link line in OoT and a few hundred years before TP. Ganondorf was banished into the twilight realm when it didn't go so well, which can easily explain how he lived so long.

There's a lot of speculation about the cursed swordman identity. I do not think is the MM link since he went to the woods searching for Navi but he never came back (It is explained in WW intro)
    WW intro was about Adult Link instead of Child Link. The adult one no longer existed due to being sent back to the child line, which is why he was absent when Ganondorf returned.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-12-03 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

two different timelines dude, WW is in the adult timeline and MM/TP are in child timeline.

the WW one just says that he went back to his origin timeline and disappeared forever.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The execution scene in TP took place a few years after the child Link line in OoT and a few hundred years before TP. Ganondorf was banished into the twilight realm when it didn't go so well, which can easily explain how he lived so long.
    so was it stated in the historia the time jump? if so then i really think it feels weird that he basically became immortal when banished
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

two different timelines dude, WW is in the adult timeline and MM/TP are in child timeline.

the WW one just says that he went back to his origin timeline and disappeared forever.
    See, thats confusing. Because the intro for WW shows a youngish link riding off on Epona.
    Its fair to assume it follows child link OOT.

But Zelda probally spread rumors, nobody saw him leave because he didnt actually exist there anymore...

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 06:21 AM ----------

so was it stated in the historia the time jump? if so then i really think it feels weird that he basically became immortal when banished
    Not really, time probally moves slower in Twilight Realm or something. Or all the bloom is great for the skin.

Windwaker on the other hand....
    Him and the King were probally protected by the same magic that kept Hyrule safe...
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-12-03 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    "My child" is still a term of endearment that is especially used by masters to address their apprentices.
    The skeleton also mentions that he and TP's Link share the same bloodline ("... of our bloodline"). It is pretty obvious that they are at least related, if not father-son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skipped over MM and TP part because I might play those someday. It's an amazing video might I say, GameTrailers did really well there. To me it actually makes the entire Zelda franchise quite interesting, I especially love the Adult Link Timeline partly because it has so probably the saddest story overall too it. Personally, I'm just a huge fanboy of the Adult Link Timeline games just because I love WW and the characters in it that carry on over to the other ones.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account

Play all of the LoZ games listening to this. Forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    -snip-
    Buckwald, I've had all those DJ Ephixa things on my phone for a while... It is some of the most amazing dubstep I've heard personally. I listen to that specific one in the car all the time.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Buckwald, I've had all those DJ Ephixa things on my phone for a while... It is some of the most amazing dubstep I've heard personally. I listen to that specific one in the car all the time.
    I found it today from a video on Dorkly, I made excuses to leave my house just so I could listen to it in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    [video=youtube;NU75uz0b8EU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NU75uz0b8EU[video]
    No offense to you or your taste in "music", but that was terrible. I dislike most dubstep type "music" in general, and that was just purely offensive to the ears and the soul. It ruins a great track with harsh noises and an unnecessary synthesized drum beat. Basically here is how I feel about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, aren't you a negative Nancy? Actually, I don't prefer dubstep either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia overload :O
    Now I am even more interested in the zelda games, which I didn't think was possible.

Looking forward to that book "Hyrule Historia".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    No offense to you or your taste in "music", but that was terrible. I dislike most dubstep type "music" in general, and that was just purely offensive to the ears and the soul. It ruins a great track with harsh noises and an unnecessary synthesized drum beat. Basically here is how I feel about it.
    I could say the same for you but then I would be wrong in your eyes... Opinions, opinions, opinions.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The skeleton also mentions that he and TP's Link share the same bloodline ("... of our bloodline"). It is pretty obvious that they are at least related, if not father-son.
    Not really. TP Link is a reincarnation of OoT, and there's no evidence of them being related otherwise outside of the "we all have a common ancestor a jillion years ago" thing. Zelda is probably a child of incest though. Gotta keep that royal blood pure.