Thread: AQ40- Viscidus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Actually he's not. I did him 4 times. 3 out of 4 (dk) I didn't use any frost oil/enchant/attack and he freezes perfectly fine. Go and try before you post something you didn't try/know.
    Dk without frost attacks? I don't even want to know how you play then-

Deleted
    Just a tip for fellow Elemental Shaman: Earth Quake does count as melee hits. So if you have troubles just pop Earth Quake .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Dk without frost attacks? I don't even want to know how you play then-
    unholy/blood?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    unholy/blood?
    They still have Icy touch. But I don't think the poster meant that anyway. I believe the poster meant they had done it on 4 toons, 3 of which apparently didn't have any form of frost damage (which they clearly didn't) but their dk did.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all classes:

Get the fastest weapon(s) you can find (not exceeding ilvl 165), enchant with Deathfrost and coat with Frost Oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    For all classes:

Get the fastest weapon(s) you can find (not exceeding ilvl 165), enchant with Deathfrost and coat with Frost Oil.
    elemental force (new mop enchant) supposedly works. extremely easy to find someone to do and very cheap.

Deleted
    i can do it as elemental, when hefrozes, use autoattack and primal strike... one time he released, second time he died..also i have 2.4 mace from lfr

You only need to use frost spells to freeze him. Did this the other day and I'm pretty sure the only frost going on was Frost Shock.

Shattering is based on a number of melee attacks in a set time. Hit Earth Ele and Wolves and it should go down pretty easily...

We initially did this with 2 frost DKs and he broke so fast we barely had time to do any DPS on him...

When I did this a couple days ago, Frost shock did not work. Elemental Blast, on the other hand, did. I was helping someone else though and they provided the melee hits to break it.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Did it yesterday as enhancement. Frost Shock worked just fine. Then wolves and just hit him, had no issues whatsoever.

Actually he's not. I did him 4 times. 3 out of 4 (dk) I didn't use any frost oil/enchant/attack and he freezes perfectly fine. Go and try before you post something you didn't try/know.
    You have not the slightest clue what you are talking about but still you feel entitled to flame other for their wisdom how it really works?
    Go hide in a corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it as ele last week. Easily frozen with frostshock and shattered with earthele and melee hits with heroism.

Deleted
    Apparently, you don't need to use frost spells or abilities anymore. I did him yesterday on my Shaman without any frost attacks, he will start to freeze and then shatter even if you just damage him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Fever maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Apparently, you don't need to use frost spells or abilities anymore. I did him yesterday on my Shaman without any frost attacks, he will start to freeze and then shatter even if you just damage him.
    No offense intended, but I would like to see proof of this. I debunked this rumor last week by spending 15 minutes auto attacking the boss. If it has indeed changed you'd be better to take SS's of combat logs or something to show it rather than just "apparently". Also double check you had absolutely no frost resources. Remember that Elemental Blast, Elemental Force (enchant) etc are all Elemental damage and contribute towards the frost attacks required.

I killed him yesterday on my warlock, playing Destro with Voidlord up, so i had no frost attacks, just went all out on him and he frooze by himself, then i used Abyssal and he died pretty fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyren View Post
    I killed him yesterday on my warlock, playing Destro with Voidlord up, so i had no frost attacks, just went all out on him and he frooze by himself, then i used Abyssal and he died pretty fast.
    Hmm I'm going to go test this again I suppose. Will do it on my warrior since my monk and dk are saved this week. I'll leave it to auto-attack for half an hour or until it dies I suppose. Results so far :-

edit: 14 minutes later :-

edit: 22 minutes later :-

edit: 32 minutes later :-

I'm going to stop at this point as it's pretty clear either people are using some form of frost damage or Blizzard have changed it to more groups of magic other than frost. Either way, it clearly doesn't work on a timer and without any magic damage whatsoever.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2012-12-09 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    You guys are doing something horribly wrong. I did it as frost mage using the quilen trinket and bloodlust and it worked perfectly fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost effects are needed to freeze him. Anyone posting otherwise is mistaken. You simply don't realize you are using them. Your weapon may be enchanted with elemental force. You might be using an attack that has a frost component you don't realize. Either way, you are hitting him with frost in some form or another. If you don't, he will stay at 1 hp and you'll need to either reset him or die if you want to move on.

Frost fever.

Good DK.