Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Try use KJC(passive) on Sha of Fear, it's a pain on the ass when you're on add and breath it's coming. Teleport it's a life saver here

Deleted
    Sometimes my MG casts got cancelled if i moved right after starting to channel yesterday.

Anyone else notice this?

KJC is awesome now. The other two, however, sucks. I have never met a lock in BG's who is using Mannoroth's Fury. I'm not sure with dungeons and raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Sometimes my MG casts got cancelled if i moved right after starting to channel yesterday.

Anyone else notice this?
    I've noticed a lot that the castbar disappears, but the beam graphic is still up and I still get ticks in. I think it's a UI issue.

Deleted
    KJC is awesome now. The other two, however, sucks. I have never met a lock in BG's who is using Mannoroth's Fury. I'm not sure with dungeons and raiding.
    As Destro, I would say it's pretty balanced between KJC & MF :

Stone Guard: MF, or KJC if you are doing tiles
    Feng: AV
    Gara'jal: MF (assuming you are going down)
    Spirit Kings: KJC
    Elegon: MF
    WotE: MF (without the Ring of Frost abuse)

Zor'lok: KJC
    Ta'yak: KJC
    Garalon: KJC if you are allowed to go under the legs or want more comfortable kiting, MF elsewise
    Wind Lord: AV
    Un'sok: MF
    Shek'zeer: MF

Protectors NM: MF ?
    Elegon NM: KJC
    Lei'shi NM: KJC
    Sha NM: KJC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    I've noticed a lot that the castbar disappears, but the beam graphic is still up and I still get ticks in. I think it's a UI issue.
    Now you mention it, i think that might have been it, since i recall seeing my beam, but wasnt sure.
    Back to fixing addons!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    MF is pretty good for Destro to smoke out stealthed people in PVP. Rains of Fire. Rains of Fire everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    MF was the talent to go to for both destro and demo pre-5.1 , now it's pretty balanced between Kjc and MF for destro, and I do believe MF is still the go to for demo though (pvp ).

but truly ,destro with KjC is one of the most fun I've had in a long time while not playing serious arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I wanted to make a topic discussing KJC and to add something worthwhile off the bat, I'll share a quirk I discovered (maybe new, maybe not). If you are standing still while casting UA or Haunt, you can start moving again in the middle of the cast and it will not incur a stack of the debuff. This does not apply to Malefic grasp, sadly.

In the last few weeks of raiding, I've loved KJC, especially on Vizier and Blade-Lord. With the recent changes, I feel as if it has been nerfed heavily, though. It seems to work alright in those first two fights, although not as well, but I'm torn on Garalon. So yay or nay?
    KJC feels much stronger to me, imho, as the really bad + 50% casttime in gone.

One quirk I found (not sure if intended or not): Longer channels like Malefic Grasp or Drain Soul seem to apply 2 stacks now (even though they are only ONE cast respectively and therefore technically should only apply one stack, according to the tooltip).

I still really like the "new" KJC on many fights, though, it feels like we finally got a "real" lvl 90 talent !

Deleted
    I can't help feel it's overpowered, even if i enjoy it.

So IMHO it won't/can't stay as it is : either the glitch you're speaking of will be fixed or the movement penalty will be upgraded.

Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    I can't help feel it's overpowered, even if i enjoy it.

So IMHO it won't/can't stay as it is : either the glitch you're speaking of will be fixed or the movement penalty will be upgraded.

Or both.
    You do know that hunters have free "casting" (shooting) while moving aswell and that mages can pick a low level talent that gives them casting while moving without a speed penalty ? And we're talking low level talents here, not the (supposedly) "great" lvl 90 talents . . .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    You do know that hunters have free "casting" (shooting) while moving aswell and that mages can pick a low level talent that gives them casting while moving without a speed penalty ? And we're talking low level talents here, not the (supposedly) "great" lvl 90 talents . . .
    Having autoshoot or scorch is not the same as being able to do your fully normal static dps rotation while (stutter-)walking kilometers.

You know the feeling when someone does something nice for you, and that it's so rare or unexpected that you can't keep wonder if it's biased or even true ? That's the feeling i have right now. That feels too good.

I enjoy it, but it just feels ... too good. And i can't help think we didn't really need it either. What a stupid warlock i am, i'm so used to being slapped in the face that when presented a gift, i'm even tempted to refuse it out of fear of deception.

It's not just autoshoot, since they removed aspect of the fox and made it passive hunters can now do most of their attacks(if not all?) while moving at 100% speed.

Now what do seem kinda broken with kjc is that you can keep dpsing while going out of line of sight if you start a channel spell before moving out. I was doing drain soul execute on the sha platform today from behind the pillar while he was doing death blossom.
    Last edited by Expandus; 2012-11-30 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    You can also start your Chaos Bolt, move behind a pillar, and come back when the cast is about to finish
    It was already the case with the old KJC but now its easier to do (I guess, I don't PvP).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Expandus View Post
    what do seem kinda broken with kjc is that you can keep dpsing while going out of line of sight if you start a channel spell before moving out
    Even with KJC on it's previous incarnation, you could DS behind a pillar on the outter platforms on Sha of Fear if started before losing LoS. IMHO, it was always like that and not specially related to KJC : you could fly down and still DS on Alysrazor while behind the meteor.

And AFAIK
    - Channelled spells always checks LoS only upon cast
    - Castable spells only checked LoS on cast start (castable) and on cast end (cast fail if not)

So ... i don't feel it's specially broken from the KJC point of view, it's standard behaviour, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    AV is amazing on Elegon (Norm/Heroic)/Windlord (Norm/Heroic)/WoTE (Heroic)/Grand Empress (Norm/Heroic)/Amber Shaper (Norm/Heroic) because there's either constant damage or periods of high damage where the reflect damage is really outrageous. Example being Heroic Windlord - Rain of Blades during Recklessness is HUGE damage. Yummy free damage.
    The qualm I have with AV is the ability is so crappy. 5% of direct damage (not AoE that's from a non-boss source) is really poor. 25% of damage for 8 seconds on a 2 minute CD is really poor for the most part. I would use it for Wind Lord on heroic though (that's too good to pass up).

I guess the main point I wanted to make is you can't say if a 90 talent is "good" or "bad" - only relative to the other talents. If you want to say KjC is crappy, explain to me why AV or MF are better. For AV, if you want to see where the talent stands you can take the total damage done by the ability, and guess whether or not you can gain more with KjC now that there's no DPS penalty for the passive. MF is usually self-explanatory whether you take it or not.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Expandus View Post
    It's not just autoshoot, since they removed aspect of the fox and made it passive hunters can now do most of their attacks(if not all?) while moving at 100% speed.
    Hunters can use every single attack while moving, including Aimed Shot if they glyph it. Elemental Shamans have a 5% cast time penalty and they can do most attacks while moving, but they don't use a talent, only a glyph. Mages have an entire talent row that has all movement-DPS-enhancing talents. Priests rely a lot on DoTs and less on filler, so they have less movement penalty in the first place in that regard (affliction's MG does what... 50% of all damage or something). Boomkins have instant DoTs and instant starsurges/starfall.

All of those classes have better mobility, by far, than warlocks, who actually sacrifice mobility to maintain movement DPS.

I'd actually say its a pretty fair trade. But I do think a better fix would have been to make KjC less crappy in the first place (redesigned completely), and make affliction less filler-dependent in the first place.

I kinda like the synergy of giving up mobility to do more dps, and then having Burning rush to compensate so you can sacrifice hp to gain some temporary bursts of mobility. I just wish Burning Rush would be off the gcd, i think that would have given a lot to this synergy.

I adore the talent. It's my favorite - I genuinely hope it doesn't see the nerfhammer anytime soon.