Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Minor elements...?
    It is what makes part of the game, you can't dismiss the game because you dismiss it.
    You eat a sausage or loaf of bread every now and then. Not really a major element. You have medpacks and bandages, but Metro has morphine syringes.

STALKER's Rubles are hard to obtain? O.o
    It's not emulating when Rubles are quite literally just currency without the potential use as being an ammo source.
    You can repeatedly kill people, sell their equipment, and make money (ruble) that way. It is tedious, but it isn't hard to find.
    Military grade bullets are limited, period. You shoot it, it's gone forever, there is no method to farm it or anything.
    Catches on rather quickly. Should have it record and see how fast it goes up in time lapse.
    You can carry around expensive special weapons and trade them down for "inferior" weapons at a trader to get more MGBs than you'll ever need. It's really easy to do in the beginning of the game. You can get an easy electro-driver (worth a crapton of boolits) at the first group of bandits you encounter with Bourbon, trade it for the crappy shotgun at the next trader you encounter, and then replace it with the Hellsing you find later. Congratulations, you now have way more MGBs than you'll ever need (even on Ranger Hardcore, which ironically is a LOT easier than regular Hardcore) and you also have arguably the best special weapon.

Keeping a good-condition high end rifle or suit of armor in unmodded STALKER becomes really expensive really fast, especially for the rarer things like the Colt M4A1 knock-off.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You eat a sausage or loaf of bread every now and then. Not really a major element. You have medpacks and bandages, but Metro has morphine syringes.

You can carry around expensive special weapons and trade them down for "inferior" weapons at a trader to get more MGBs than you'll ever need. It's really easy to do in the beginning of the game. You can get an easy electro-driver (worth a crapton of boolits) at the first group of bandits you encounter with Bourbon, trade it for the crappy shotgun at the next trader you encounter, and then replace it with the Hellsing you find later. Congratulations, you now have way more MGBs than you'll ever need (even on Ranger Hardcore, which ironically is a LOT easier than regular Hardcore) and you also have arguably the best special weapon.

Keeping a good-condition high end rifle or suit of armor in unmodded STALKER becomes really expensive really fast, especially for the rarer things like the Colt M4A1 knock-off.
    Don't cherry pick examples and dismiss every single other one. Also Metro's morphine is just an emergency use, not an actual health source as your health regens.

This is farming?

Either way this is just far way off topic...

Just bought the pack, even though im so piled on games from black fridays specials. Sent 60$ bucks split evenly. Good luck THQ
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Don't cherry pick examples and dismiss every single other one.
    I'm providing rebuttal to the arguments you're making to try and defend Metro as not being derivative of STALKER.

Also Metro's morphine is just an emergency use, not an actual health source as your health regens.
    The same applies to medpacks and bandages in STALKER. You don't use them unless you're in trouble.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    STALKER follows Roadside Picnic.
    NOT EVEN CLOSE. They've just stolen the general idea of the "Zone" and the "stalkers".
    All of which are, ultimately, fairly minor elements of gameplay without modding.
    And you're obviously the ultimate judge on what gameplay elements should be considered minor or major.
    Survival horror fans are ready to tear people to pieces when they say some games without even one of those "minor" elements belong to the genre.
    Metro 2033's limits on how many weapons you can carry as well
    You yourself are cherry-picking examples (like Remilia noted), but on the other hand awfully generalize the aspects of these two games.

I think I don't even have to mention, that sharing a genre shouldn't be consider a "similarity" or a "rip-off", like you're calling it. Apart from that, all that is common between STALKER and Metro 2033 is that they're set in CIS countries in some kind of "post apocalyptic" setting. Even then, it's very localized in STALKER, while its global in Metro.

Metro is a story-driven linear game, heavy on "cinematic" scenes and (not so loosely) based on a book. STALKER is an open world game, with lots of side quests, exploration, "dungeon crawling", gear progression etc.

I must say I don't really like how the post-nuclear kind of post-apocalypse settings are becoming popular in video games and other media, but even I can tell that despite having a few similarities these two games are nothing like each other.

And I'm not even gonna comment on the God of War comparison. It's like saying that God of War is a DMC rip-off.

I've played every single game (including all God of War games) multiple times to completion. I'd say I know plenty on the subject.
    Now this sounds quite suspicious. I'd say you're acting rather fanboy-ish making such wild claims and outright calling something a "rip-off". Which is unexpected coming from you, since I've been noticing your post sometimes, and you gave an impression of a reasonable person.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    And you're obviously the ultimate judge on what gameplay elements should be considered minor or major.
    Survival horror fans are ready to tear people to pieces when they say some games without even one of those "minor" elements belong to the genre.
    Good thing neither game is a survival horror game then, huh? In fact, most "survival horror" games are really more like "action horror," even the progenitors of the genre like Resident Evil and Silent Hill - by the halfway point you're toting plenty of healing items and ammo and avoidance takes a back seat to just blasting whatever gets in your way.

None of the elements Remilia is sticking on are really crucial to STALKER. Food is just an occasional make-busy thing, just one more minor resource to track. Radiation is rarely something worth noting outside the end areas of the game, and scarcity of the game's currency comes into play when you can't repair weapons and armor and must buy (expensive) new ones to replace the worn-out old ones, especially for guns which use an uncommon ammo type (basically any NATO gun.)

And I'm not even gonna comment on the God of War comparison. It's like saying that God of War is a DMC rip-off.
    Literally every decent review of Darksiders I've ever seen uses the "like God of War, BUT," stamp on it.

Payed 25 dollars as i always do for the bundles. Everything went to THQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Payed 25 dollars as i always do for the bundles. Everything went to THQ.
    Same here, supporting THQ in any way I can at the moment, I REHEAAAALY don't want to see them go under

Literally every decent review of Darksiders I've ever seen uses the "like God of War, BUT," stamp on it.
    The only similarities between Darksiders and God of War that stand out to me are that they're both action games and that you use a resource system to upgrade your weapon(s), which is such a broad characteristic that so many games use (I know for a fact that God of War isn't the first), so you can hardly call something a rip-off of another game because of it. I get what you're saying and all, it's difficult for a game to be totally unique in its own right, but that's kind of the way everything is in this world at this point in time. Games borrow elements from other games, but that doesn't make them rip-offs. It just sounds like you're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

It's too bad I've already purchased all these games in previous STEAM sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Pretty great deal, thanks for sharing op
    No problem hope you enjoy the humble bundle is such a great thing
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Deleted
    I'm having issues with save games and COOP in saints row from this bundle.. I can't save, and when I press the coop menu, it says I need to be on steam and just freezes the game, leaving only sound running.

Darksiders - shitty God of War rip-off.
    Carefull there, it IS a rip-off, but in no way shitty. Only shitty thing is exclusivity of GoW and as such, this game doesnt exist for me.

Deleted
    Shame darksiders 2 isn't in there somewhere, I've seen it fall pretty low in price on the steam sales. Darksiders 1 is good, but I feel like Darksiders 2 improved so massively on the first one, the jump was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Shame darksiders 2 isn't in there somewhere, I've seen it fall pretty low in price on the steam sales. Darksiders 1 is good, but I feel like Darksiders 2 improved so massively on the first one, the jump was huge.
    I got darksiders 2 on the steam sale its great I never played the first one but since im halfway through the second one Im going to play darksiders 1 after I beat 2 even though theres some story spoilers I guess
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Deleted
    Nice humble bundle indeed. Though I hope THQ lives, they made some great games along the years, would be sad to see them gone :/

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    I got darksiders 2 on the steam sale its great I never played the first one but since im halfway through the second one Im going to play darksiders 1 after I beat 2 even though theres some story spoilers I guess
    Exactly what I'm doing. Bought DS2 during the autumn sale and was debating picking up the original if it went really cheap during the winter sale. Instead, I got the original through Humble Bundle. It's a good thing.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    I told myself I'd not be spending any more money on games until Xmas!

My steam library has grown so much the last 2 months!

10+ Year Old Account
    So my friend will give me his credit card to buy it but the thing is i cant see anywhere where to complete purchase only paypal on the bottom amazon and google payment, any idea how to pay directly with credit card?

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    So my friend will give me his credit card to buy it but the thing is i cant see anywhere where to complete purchase only paypal on the bottom amazon and google payment, any idea how to pay directly with credit card?
    I don't think you can actually. Have to use one of those. I used google.