Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    R14 took a lot more effort and time commitment then 2.4k currently does.

you can't get the old armor to transmog for the same reason you can no longer get 'champion of he naruu' or season specific gladiator drakes, because you didn't play when it was current and you didn't earn it.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    R14 took a lot more effort and time commitment then 2.4k currently does.

you can't get the old armor to transmog for the same reason you can no longer get 'champion of he naruu' or season specific gladiator drakes, because you didn't play when it was current and you didn't earn it.
    I agree: it's something that Blizzard actually did right for once.

I'm sorry but, it's not the same. Not even close.

The Rank 14 grind in vanilla required more then simply time. You think the time required is a few days? No. Try a few months minimum. There was also a "list" of field marshals who were "queued up", technically, and that meant that just because you had enough for that week you weren't getting GM and you had to do the same thing over and over again (sometimes all day, 7 days a week) in order to remain ELIGIBLE for a rank 14 spot. Someone said it took sacrifice, a rather large understatement.

So no offense, but there's a reason why the level 60 pvp stuff was made to be only for those who participated at a high enough level in vanilla. It wasn't a matter of sitting afk in AV and getting GM.

No one is trying to undermine what it takes to reach 2400, at least im not, but some of you simply have no idea whatsoever what it really took to reach GM in vanilla.

I was a military man at the time, due to deployments and exercises I was only able to hit rank 10 in my GM group (I was actually 1% away from rank 11 before I had to go on a two week exercise so I lost it) I was one of those dedicated enough to show up and through many sleepless nights help 4 people achieve grand marshal. Believe me, their achievement were just as much yours as it was theirs back then and they thanked each person every single day for many months after.

You can see why they made that gear a special case. At least I hope so.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-11-30 at 07:10 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Hi,

So, I recently hit 2400 in rbgs, and my query is a simple one, why can we as pvpers not at 2400 buy the old lvl 60 gear to transmog? It seems odd.
    I reached R13 in vanilla and can't even tranmorg my alts or have the title on them. Go figure.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that you dont. you keep saying 'old school players get old school gear.. but no, old school Knight Captains.. not even close to top can do it. so its hardly a sign of veterancy or skill. its simply saying 'I was at least mediocre years ago'
    I'm not arguing where the rank requirement should be for the replica gear (since it's Blizzard's call), but how in the world is a pre-BC FoS/title not a sign of being a veteran?

I, too, only enjoy things when most other people are excluded from them.

That's why eating has gotten so boring

lol i miss the vanilla wow

This is something Blizzard did right, especially when almost everyone and their grandma is now a HWL / GM due to the exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Deng View Post
    I reached R13 in vanilla and can't even tranmorg my alts or have the title on them. Go figure.
    That sucks, man. As I said in an earlier post, I am only a measly Sergeant on my Warrior, but I haven't played that character outside of an occasional alt since 2.3. I'd love to be able to throw my title on my new characters. It's about the best veteran badge I have as an older player

10+ Year Old Account
    surely 2400 (arguably harder to attain then r14 back then)
    ^^
    Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums. People that made rank 14 literally had to have someone play their character 24/7 (not exaggerating) on certain realms, having friends in other time zones help them by playing their account while they slept etc. Now all you have to do is get in right with the core group of decent players on a realm and you can get it in a few wins, or hell, just go to some website that sells rating/titles. Sounds a lot harder than vanilla to me.
    Last edited by CoolHwip46; 2012-11-30 at 07:01 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deng View Post
    Yea i have the same problem.. wish i could.. im not playing that toon anymore...