WoW and Windows 8, how is it running?

I am going to be getting a new computer very soon and I was wondering if anyone has played WoW on a Windows 8 machine, and if so, how does it run? Do I have to run it in any kind of compatibility mode? I am curious I have only seen Windows 8 in videos and only then know about the UI changes. thanks.

Deleted
    I would get Windows 7 just to be safe, cause all games will run on that ^.^ also because Windows 8 is kinda being hated on by many developers

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft runs with no issues on Windows 8 when I play it.
    But if you plan on playing any NCSoft games I would get Windows 7. Last I checked they still did not work on Windows 8. EA Games at least through Origins have no issues along with Steam.

I would get Windows 7 in a perfect world but I will be purchasing an out of box PC, however a friend of mine has told me he can "procure" me windows 7 if I wish to "downgrade" so we'll see.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Runs fine, I think it actually runs a bit smoother than 7. But I was a very early adopter and was using 8 since the beta so it's kinda grown on me. And as far as I know, if you buy a prebuilt (which why would you?) they have for a limited time at least a way to downgrade to a legal license of 7, at least that's what is going on at my store I work at. Could be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would believe that a prebuilt you would be able to purchase 7 still. Unless for some reason they are crazy and do away with it 100%, which I would doubt.

I have been using Windows 8 since RTM, never had any issues with WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am using Windows 8 and have so far only had problem with one game and that is Battlefield 3. This was mostly because their antihack software isnt compatible with Windows 8 and will kick you out of multiplayer until you change the softwares compatibility to 7 or lower :P

Trust me I would rather build my own, but I've had shoulder issues for about 3 years now and can barely pick up a glass of water let alone build a pc. if I had a set of capable hands I'd do so, but no one I know has the know-how. it sucks because I am A+ certified and this has really hampered my ability to work on anything larger than a laptop :/

10+ Year Old Account
    That does suck, Optimus.

OT: No issues with Windows 8 at all. Some have been seeing artifacts with older video cards, but just update the drivers. I haven't run into issues on any of the other games I playing atm (GW2, D3, Torchlight 2, LoL, etc).

WoW was running just fine on 8 until 5.1, now it crashes every few hours! Haven't nailed it down yet.

Been playing WoW on Win 8 since the day Win 8 came out and I reluctantly upgraded. It runs just fine, don't need to run it in compatibility mode or anything special. I have heard that Win 8 is supposed to run games smoother and such, I have not really noticed any more smoothness than I had in Windows 7 though I am sure if you look at all the technical details behind how the OS and game interact some tweaks have been made. The only real nice benefit I have found with Win 8 is my laptop boots in something like 1-3 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been running it since the day Win8 came out, not a single problem.

Also, I run with fraps and it's fine, just in case it's something that you use too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I am using Windows 8 and have so far only had problem with one game and that is Battlefield 3. This was mostly because their antihack software isnt compatible with Windows 8 and will kick you out of multiplayer until you change the softwares compatibility to 7 or lower :P
    Can you tell me how Windows 8 is anyways? Is it good, fast, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

If anything, it should run better. 8 was built for mobile devices and uses hardly any hardware at all, allocating more resources for your game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had WoW installed on a seperate drive (D instead of C) when I upgraded, so I didn't have to reinstall.

The biggest change I noticed was I had a lot fewer FPS/lag spikes. There's no issues with crashing. Though the updater can sometimes corrupt the game, but the risk is probably the same on 7 or even XP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Windows 7, but I noticed I was getting high latency, and did EVERYTHING to fix it from getting a latency fix to getting software for faster gaming. WoW would still run at around 250-1000 lat world and home. I had to switch the client from x64 to x32 and it fixed the problem but I had more of a lag and fps increase on x32 (duh lol).

I switched to Windows 8 and my latency is constantly at 25-50 now DD plus I can run in x64 at 60-70 fps! Had no other real issues since switching. Love Windows 8 over 7 for that fact!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki