Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    I never said nobody liked it. I fully acknowledge some people like it. I don't, but that is just me. My response was to the added rep for alts being the greatest thing ever and while it is nice, it isn't a fix. It's a bandaid, like I said. I don't want to force anyone to play the game the way I do, but on that same note I expect nobody else to try and force me to play it their way.
    I might have missunderstood a little then... but yeh, i agree. We should have more than 1 way to gain rep imo, doing it the same way over and over can get a bit boring even if you don't mind the method used to begin with. But like i said, if you only get 150 or so rep a daily from quest, and you only have like 10 quests for each place you kinda have to put a cap for other ways aswell, or you will end up being "forced" (loosly used here, i get a feeling the word forced is being use way to much lately) to go trough the other way of gaining rep aswell, even if you chose and like the first method better....

Hope that made any sense hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.
    Because doing the same snotbubbling dungeons over n' over times 10 billion isn't considered dailies

At least now you've got options, you can chose to gear through dungeons and then go raiding from then on entirely skipping dailies, you can chose to only do dailies n' eventually have enough reputation n' valor to go past the artificial ilvl barrier n' then raid.., or you can chose to mix it up, neither is forced or required.

Inb4; But I want everything because I can't play more then 1-2 hours a week and I'm entitled and I needz it for my 16 hour raiding per week..

JP / VP Upgrade system just made all the daily whiners even more obsolete then before!
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-12-01 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I hate eating shit so I settle with drinking piss.
    i take from that then you love piss coz i love quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    That's 130 and 100, respectively. You're getting a 10% bonus from your guild perk. With the Commendations you get 260 (286) and 200 (220) rep per daily instead, and that is active from revered through exalted on your main and permanently on your alts, so... Wish granted.
    That's all well and good once I have a toon to revered.

I also think you should be able to work on the reps you want when you want. Forced to do Golden lotus before you can even start August Celstials or Shado Pan is stupid.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    YesStill amazed blizzard cant design decent dailies that dont involve mob tagging and quest item hogging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I doubt you are seriously going to deck your alts out with super expensive 28 slot bags anyway
    No, I'm going to deck my main and my wife's main out with 28 slot bags... I play alts to enhance my main's game... :-P

Quote Originally Posted by zomgarn View Post
    NO! It was revered for a long time, then it got nerfed to honored. Can't remember which patch tho.
    And don't forget that HC's back then actually were hard, and could take over an hour...(Shattered Halls, Botanica, Arca etc...)
    Nethermancer Sepethrea was a pain in the arse on HC mode...

I do dailies for the coins.
    The rep is just a neat bonus.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eboneye View Post
    The iLvl to enter a raid, is not the iLvl needed to succeed. Unless you are some master player (or a set of master) players. Yes, I have seen where like semi-pro raiding groups can succeed in a dungeon with blue gear. That's the 1%, that's not the rest of us. It's twisted to cater or bend to the 1%.

I will be honest, MoP is BEAUTIFUL. Artistically speaking, content wise there is so MANY clever tips of the hat, I actually ENJOYED leveling from 85 to 90 just to see the different interplays take place. Unfortunately, when you finally get access to the Vale, the story kinda starts to go down hill and eventually you get to the grind that is the bug stuff. Okay, I'll bite, you can't be 100% brilliant 100% of the time. Sooo... there's a flat spot.

Shoo me for fool, I had my eyes covered and my ears plugged as I leveled to 90. I had spent the first month or so leveling a 2 new toons from 1 - 85. Of course, 1 was Pandarian and 1 was a monk (I wanted to be different, a Pandarian mage and a human monk). Again, I liked the newbie area. I liked a lot of stuff that changed.

So, when I finally get a toon to 90, and I've got a crap-ton of justice I go to the vendor... WTF? Really. I need honored to get a few iLvls up from the quest rewards?

I have 8 85s and 1 90. I am looking at WEEKS to get one character up. What if I don't want to play just ONE character? Oh I have to spend more weeks to buy that character gear. Even WITH this new token thing, it still several weeks of CONSTANT grind simply to get iLvl gear so that I'm not struggling to keep up with the players with the "perfect" play. I have a life... really, a wife, a house, a job... I don't mind a little repetition, a little hoop jumping to get to the stuff I need. I mean that's what makes it a game. Still there's a limit... a reasonable limit. A 110 rep per daily / 9 per day and a target of 22500 (1500+3000+6000+12000)? Three weeks... for one faction (205 dailies)... Say an even 200. That's just 1 faction! Now with the token only a 100 on MY OTHER 8 characters? What? 800 dailies? No. Not reasonable.

If they want to gate us. Don't be hypocrits about it. Make raid gear cost cash. Done. You jump through hoops (a set of dailies say) and you get 1 token. That token lets you buy 1 piece of gear. There, gated without a bunch of monotonous (after 200 times surely). You're slowed to 1 piece of gear per week (which they've done ANYWAY) with the max 1000 valor per week, and items costing 2250... WTH? Really?

If they want it to take a year to complete a full set of Tier X, fine... just flippin SAY that. One piece of gear per month from vendors. Don't just arbitrarily impose these weird hoops to obfuscate the truth. A -- You don't have content to fill the gap. B -- You're just trying to slow down progression. Don't require us to do the same exact thing 100 times to FILL TIME waiting for more content. I would be far more happy with some sort of infinite random dungeon (a hack style) thing with various awards (a la) the brawlers guild for defeating successively harder challenges.

It's a good thing that I could get into heroics just from quest rewards and a few normal dungeon drops. However, the heroic drops don't give you raid level gear. Why break that progression?

Some people hate the truth. Me, I would much rather it be laid out without BS. There's a 3 month waiting period to get enough gear to do LFR if you're not in a raid guild with tolerant people willing to carry your fail butt. I am not a fail player... I'm a very average player. I like healing toons, those slots (like tanking slots) generally go to the best geared toons. So, if those slots are filled and I don't have an alt geared... I don't go. I do NOT have a tolerant guild, they are very much about gearing up their golden children and to heck with the average folks, so you're on you're own (many guilds are like this). That's where this 500 dailies + the addition of weekly limits just feels over the top.

It seems more like some gratuitous hazing ritual, than what true end game should be. Worse, even once I'm through the first hazing, I have to go through it again for every toon I have. Nah. That really cheapens all the good things they managed to do. It really came as a surprise after all the things I liked right up until that point. It's like an epic crash at the end of a totally fun joy ride.
    Lol So much wrong in this post.

The iLvl to enter a raid, is not the iLvl needed to succeed.
    once you are in the raid killing bosses they drop loot that is higher ilvl to clear the end bosses. You still don't need rep.....

So, when I finally get a toon to 90, and I've got a crap-ton of justice I go to the vendor... WTF? Really. I need honored to get a few iLvls up from the quest rewards?
    This was changed in the first couple weeks you no longer need rep for justice point gear.

I have 8 85s and 1 90. I am looking at WEEKS to get one character up
    I have 3 toons raid ready. Only 1 toon has done the dailies to revered. the rest haven't touched a single daily. All of them are able to raid just fine.

I didn't bother to read the rest of your post......

I got zero complaints with the updated system.

My Warlock had done NOTHING rep-wise with any faction except Tillers upon hitting 90 (bigger farm, more herbs). The day 5.1 went live, started Golden Lotus, as of yesterday, 7 days exactly, I am about 4600/21000 Revered with the Golden Lotus, no Guo-Lai Cache keys, just dailies and story questlines. A WEEK to unlock everything of value from the faction.

Gonna be interesting when I get to questing more. Dinged 90 at the start of Kun-Lai, so I got all the Shado-Pan rep in Kun-Lai and Townlong to earn, as well as all that juicy Klaxxi rep to get in Dread Wastes. Pretty sure I will hit Revered w/ Klaxxi just unlocking their faction and finishing the zone (since you normally hit a bit into Honoured).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Back in BC, instead of Tabards, you got faction specific rep from certain dungeons, akin to tabards without the specifics. Ogri'la is really the only rep in BC that required dailies to hit exalted- you could do not a single daily for any others, and still hit exalted.
    Not entirely true. You could technically do Netherwing and Sha'tari Skyguard rep without dailies and at level 85 I did do Skyguard rep one day with farming but the dailies were part of the farming. I would never have attempted Netherwing rep by collecting eggs alone. Doing so now with CZR would be incredibly difficult. If it was ridiculous to think about doing during TBC with CZR now it has only got to be that much worse.

TBC had it right for the most part, so why Blizzard fixed what wasn't broken was beyond me. In TBC You had the option to do quests, dailies (for some factions), turn-ins/repeatables, and specific dungeon groups to grind reputation. This is how reputations should work in MoP.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    TBC had it right for the most part, so why Blizzard fixed what wasn't broken was beyond me. In TBC You had the option to do quests, dailies (for some factions), turn-ins/repeatables, and specific dungeon groups to grind reputation. This is how reputations should work in MoP.
    Yeah, but every time someone points this out there are strawmen thrown in your face. It's as simple as saying there is no way to grind it out at a more rapid pace if you have the time. It's dailies or bust. You are right that the differentiation was better in TBC. It wasn't exectuted as well as it could be now that's for sure.

If we had a similar progression, where specific dungeons could be farmed to a certain level, items would drop from certain mobs for turn ins, and dailies...it would open the door to achieve things however you want. Blizzard's argument will be that the rewards are 'too good' and everyone would feel compelled to do everything and do it quickly....but there's no difference between only doing dailies, other than it feels tedious and you can't dictate how you want to play at all.

Additionally, they want to force you to do something every day so that they don't have to listen to 4 more years of complaining about standing around in Org/SW. A new complaint of 'Dailies suck' they can deal with for the enxt 4 years until they change the whole design again. It's a circle.

So I got my main to all revered and then stopped doing dailies. I got all the reps to revered to open up the valor gear, but only ended up buying 2 or 3 pieces. He's sitting at ilvl 481-ish now and at this point I'm just going to use valor to upgrade.

My first alt I didn't do many dailies on. I think I got GL to honored to buy a ring and for a couple of coins. Sat valor capped for a week until 5.1 came out and I used all the valor to upgrade. She got lucky with LFR/Sha drops and is now sitting at ilvl 484-ish. Will just use valor to upgrade on her, too.

My third alt I got to around ilvl 466 without doing a single daily. This weekend I decided to finally quest in Dread Wastes on him since I had skipped the zone entirely when leveling. Went from 0 rep(Klaxxi didn't even show up in my rep tab before) to something like 8k into revered after a few hours of questing. Since I'm that far along, I think I'll just finish it off and go to exalted.

I'm absolutely loving the double alt rep and it makes me want to do dailies on my alts to see the big rep gain numbers. If MF had given double tokens for alts, I might have finished it on more than 2 characters. Double alt rep is a fantastic addition to the game and another reason why I've found MoP much more alt friendly than Cata or any previous expansion ever was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    TBC did have one huge pain in the butt that a lot of people have forgotten about. Heroic keys for every rep dungeon group. Heck, you even needed keys to non-heroic Arcatraz. I agree with you 100%, groups of dungeons that provided rep > tabards>dailies. This makes even more sense now since you need to run 1 heroic a day. It would at least give you valid reason to do one/pick one besides "I need the valor.".