Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you are in a raiding guild, and take it seriously, dailies are 100% mandatory.
    So why should this be the problem of a casual player who likes dailies and doesn't mind a little effort for the bonus? Not really our fault that "hardcore" raiders have a polearm in an uncomfortable spot and have to make their gaming experience tough on themselves. Making your GAME all about one aspect and "forcing" yourself to do stuff, doesn't sound like much fun. I do dailies every other day. On my off days, I level my Tankadin. Maybe everyone just needs to take a chillaxative and stop assuming that world first raiding will either a) get your face on a cereal box or b) vastly improve your sex life with all the chicks that are impressed by iLvL and raiding

Enjoy the game you started playing, and not the one your guild forces you to play.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not going to bother doing dailies on my alts. I mean, two words - Golden Lotus. Commendation are one thing, but they really should have unlink Celestial and Shadopan from GL. Also, it's so fun to see that my alt that's already 90 is 500 rep away from Honored Shadopan - and would've been halfway to revered if those commendations were live in 5.0. That's oh-so-encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    So why should this be the problem of a casual player who likes dailies and doesn't mind a little effort for the bonus? Not really our fault that "hardcore" raiders have a polearm in an uncomfortable spot and have to make their gaming experience tough on themselves. Making your GAME all about one aspect and "forcing" yourself to do stuff, doesn't sound like much fun. I do dailies every other day. On my off days, I level my Tankadin. Maybe everyone just needs to take a chillaxative and stop assuming that world first raiding will either a) get your face on a cereal box or b) vastly improve your sex life with all the chicks that are impressed by iLvL and raiding

Enjoy the game you started playing, and not the one your guild forces you to play.
    I enjoy raiding with a serious focus on success and character optimization. Not since the beginning of Burning Crusade has doing that required me to undertake tasks that are as dull, bland, or feel as unrewarding as grinding daily quests for good fortune charms and to unlock valor rewards. Two and a half full expansions of patches doing nothing but make positive changes to the amount of time a raiding character has to spent outside of actually raiding to optimize themselves for raiding have in this expansion done a complete 180, and dragged us back to the boring, tedious, monotonous grind we had before. Some of us felt that this game had, and was continuing to evolve to allow players to focus on the aspects of the game they enjoy, and to make it feel more like leisure time and less like chores, less like a due that had to be paid to fully enjoy the elements of the game we enjoy.

Blizzard took many small steps forward over 6 years from the release of TBC in making the game and raiding more accessible and less demanding of players time to support, and with MoP they have taken several gigantic steps backwards, and I know it is causing people to quit, and causing me to enjoy MoP less than even Cata.

Those of us who choose to optimize our characters do it with the full knowledge that the rewards require effort, and hard work, and doing some things we don't enjoy as much as we enjoy raiding. That does not change the fact that:

The amount of time outside of a raid instance required to maximize your character for raiding went up substantially with the release of MoP when it had been steadily trending downward for three expansions prior

useless for me until they add it for factions outside mop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    For all of thoose that says you don't NEED to do em, they kind of wrong. Why? Because of the 90 lesser charm of good fortune. Now you gonna start bashing that's not neccesary, but which fool would skip to be able roll 3 times extra / week? Dailies are the only place to get em...
    Which fool would skip 3 extra rolls? maybe someone that doesn't like doing dailies and understands what "optional" means?

Charms are a bonus from doing dailies, if I don't do the dailies I don't get the bonus.....see how that works, like many other things in the game, if you don't do it, you don't get stuff...

Should I start to bitch and moan that I'm being forced to raid? I mean I can't get any tier gear unless I go into LFR and I don't like LFR or raiding (but of course want the best of the best gear wise so I can AFK in style) so by following the current trend of complaining about everything I should start QQ'ing that I'm being forced to raid right?

Hell while we're at it, let's go totally batshit stupid and apply it to PVP'ing!

To get certain mounts I have to PVP, there's probably other things as well, so to get those mounts / whatever else, I'm being forced to PVP!!

I don't like PVP, maybe I just like fishing, so now you have to make sure I can get PVP mounts and tier raiding gear from fishing and if you don't agree to this I'll throw around phrases like "slap in the face" and "not listening to paying customers" because I'm damn sure I can get at least a few lazy idiots to join me on this.
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2012-11-30 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Those of us who choose to optimize our characters do it with the full knowledge that the rewards require effort, and hard work, and doing some things we don't enjoy as much as we enjoy raiding. That does not change the fact that:

The amount of time outside of a raid instance required to maximize your character for raiding went up substantially with the release of MoP when it had been steadily trending downward for three expansions prior
    But again, this is a Raider's issue in a Casual Game. Raiders have been asking for extra effort to get geared so they no longer have to carry people through raids. Congrats. You all got your wish. Casuals will only do dailies for the money and the rep, and will most likely get the gear at somepoint. Not sure why it is an issue for most when there are already 25M Heroics getting cleared as we speak. I think the biggest problem is that some people are just more efficient and less vocal about the current system. There are people who posted their 480+ score without ever having touched a Daily. But, rather than exploring the options to gear by asking the people who are heroically raiding without doing dailies, it is just easier to stroll in here and beg for nerfs.

Guilds already clearing Tier14 25 man content

Looks to me like this is not the major issue people make it out to be. Otherwise that list would probably be blank

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.
    Dailies are better than heroic grind. Faster and less frustrating.

And to all who complain about "forced" dailies, how about this: I hate forced heroic raids. There should be OPTIONS on how to get Heroic tier set, right? Why am I being forced to do content I don't like to get reward?
    Last edited by namelessone; 2012-11-30 at 05:03 PM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Yes... These items make it so you gain normal rep per quest. What the fuck is this 110 a quest shit? Do they really expect us to do hundreds of dailies for so many reps. Doing almost 50 dailies each day for the first 2 months was the worst rep grind I've experienced thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I hate the tabard rep grinding. Dungeons are even worse than dailies to me.
    That's exactly why they should give the people options to do things rather than force them to do one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    That's exactly why they should give the people options to do things rather than force them to do one thing.
    So, when raiders want rep items, they cry for "options". When casuals want raid drops, they are told to suck it. Sure, you can have options to get rep items, the same time we get options to get heroic raid drops.

This is a BS argument. There are LOTS of items in game, both gear and vanity, that are hidden behind ONE specific activity, with no options. Want to get phoenix mount? Do challenge modes. Want to get heroic tier set? Do H modes. And it was okay until this point, apparently, but with dailies it's not OK.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    "Hey guys, what's up? Yeah, I just wore your tabard and killed everything in a hundred mile radius. So cough up my goat mount."

"We...farm vegetables. Really? A hundred miles?"

"Yeah, I'm totally hot shit."
    This excuse is laughable and was even more hilarious when Blizzard used it.

I think it'd be more akin to:
    "I know you guys are farmers, but I just sported your banner and vanquished an evil foe from Azeroth in your name. What say you?"
    "Holy crap, well here's a little something, we appreciate you spreading our name".

Hell, that's the only place where it might be questionable and there CAN be factions where you gain rep only through dailies. This just shouldn't be the case for ALL dailies. Golden Lotus, August Celestials, Klaxxi should all allow rep gains in appropriate dungeons and through tabards.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    "Hey guys, what's up? Yeah, I just wore your tabard and killed everything in a hundred mile radius. So cough up my goat mount."

"We...farm vegetables. Really? A hundred miles?"

"Yeah, I'm totally hot shit."
    I laughed so hard at this.

OT: I like the tabard system, or at least giving a reasonable amount of rep for dailies. That said, at least Blizzard did something to make capping reps easier. It's horrible and I will never ever do it on alts, but it makes capping on my main easier and she's the only one I'm worried about exalted reps with.

10+ Year Old Account
    They gave us a reason to go back out in the world, instead of playing lobbycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Which fool would skip 3 extra rolls? maybe someone that doesn't like doing dailies and understands what "optional" means?

Charms are a bonus from doing dailies, if I don't do the dailies I don't get the bonus.....see how that works, like many other things in the game, if you don't do it, you don't get stuff...

Should I start to bitch and moan that I'm being forced to raid? I mean I can't get any tier gear unless I go into LFR and I don't like LFR or raiding (but of course want the best of the best gear wise so I can AFK in style) so by following the current trend of complaining about everything I should start QQ'ing that I'm being forced to raid right?

Hell while we're at it, let's go totally batshit stupid and apply it to PVP'ing!

To get certain mounts I have to PVP, there's probably other things as well, so to get those mounts / whatever else, I'm being forced to PVP!!

I don't like PVP, maybe I just like fishing, so now you have to make sure I can get PVP mounts and tier raiding gear from fishing and if you don't agree to this I'll throw around phrases like "slap in the face" and "not listening to paying customers" because I'm damn sure I can get at least a few lazy idiots to join me on this.
    xD, +1.

It's funny because despite however much people QQ about this and that I'm doing raid content atm whilst only having run about 10 dungeons all in all. I started PvEing this tier in Contenders gear, we went into MSV we killed some bosses we got loot, we queued in LFR and did the same. Peoples perceptions are so twisted as to what they feel compelled to do.

The good guilds get these things on farm within a week on normal, most of us aren't in guilds of the same calibre but I'm pretty sure we can manage without VP gear that actually takes longer to get than throwing yourself into the content and clearing it.

Stop pretending your min/maxing actually makes a significant unless your in a top 500 guild because it really doesn't. If you can't clear the normals without being a prick then that means your bad, your guilds bad, accept it. There's nothing wrong with it and getting an epic from VP once every 2 weeks is not going to bridge the difference your currently lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    xD, +1.

It's funny because despite however much people QQ about this and that I'm doing raid content atm whilst only having run about 10 dungeons all in all. I started PvEing this tier in Contenders gear, we went into MSV we killed some bosses we got loot, we queued in LFR and did the same. Peoples perceptions are so twisted as to what they feel compelled to do.

The good guilds get these things on farm within a week on normal, most of us aren't in guilds of the same calibre but I'm pretty sure we can manage without VP gear that actually takes longer to get than throwing yourself into the content and clearing it.

Stop pretending your min/maxing actually makes a significant unless your in a top 500 guild because it really doesn't. If you can't clear the normals without being a prick then that means your bad, your guilds bad, accept it. There's nothing wrong with it and getting an epic from VP once every 2 weeks is not going to bridge the difference your currently lacking.
    As a bit of an experiment, I decided not to do dailies on my "new main" after the raid asked me to reroll to fill a niche.

The only thing that hurt, like a lot, was the lack of coins. If there was an alternative method to collect those coins, I wouldn't bother. The only reason I'm so against dailies (and it's been alleviated a little now) was because I switched mains (my main having just got revered with lotus by that point.)

With double rep, though, I'm thinking it might be possible to get (well) past honored with shado-pan from Townlong quests alone.

My biggest issue is that they took the stance of not wanting players to double dip from dungeons for rep, but then changed it so that you need to do dungeons for the currency for the faction gear. It's the exact same issue as it was before, but slightly changed. You run raids and 5 mans to gain rep (now valor) for faction rewards. Why can't I just buy the items with gold like in the past? Yes, I know you can gain a few points from the dailies, but that is the slowest method to gain points.

Also, I have yet to understand why so many people have a problem with gaining rep through alternative methods. Why can't we have a daily/weekly cap, like we did with guild rep, and you can choose from several ways to gain rep. Whatever works for you, do what you enjoy. Instead every single rep is gated behind dailies, no other option.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post

Gimme my loots you school of minnows!
    and while we are at it...I want loots for sitting around in org when im bored....its what I like to do...
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-11-30 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    i hate grinding reps in dungeons, so yea i love this

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    Gimme my loots you school of minnows!
    This made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Catalept View Post
    ... I'd still lobby for BoA rep-tabards purchasable at exalted so we can fast-forward alts without being set back to (almost) square one on the dailies grind.
    Very elegant solution... maybe even *gasp* a tabard window that stores all of your tabards without having to mail them back and forth.