Poll: What will be the cause of the end of the world?

Thread: Dec. 21 2012!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hope if the world ends, it will be a zombie apocalypse, so I can fight zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Neraka View Post
    What people fail to mention is that on 24 February 1582 the Gregorian calendar was adopted introducing the Leap Year. So if you work out the date going backwards taking into account the leap years, technically the world should of "ended" in August!
    Nobody ever said anything about that being the beginning of the end or the end of the end

August 6 – Curiosity, the Mars Science Laboratory mission's rover, successfully lands on Mars

^The beginning of the end

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I hope if the world ends, it will be a zombie apocalypse, so I can fight zombies.
    Agree!

Time to buy some more chainsaw fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    All of them and more! At same time! Zombie reapers throwing nuclear asteroids while there's diseases outbreaks and the universe ruptures with bees pouring out of the cracks. Android bees.

Deleted
    The mayans were just to lazy to make the calander any further ....
    Or the mayan guy who made it just died / retired and his work ended at 21 december 2012...
    Seriously you must be stupid if you believe in this shit...

I just wonder what my reaction would be if shit was ending.

Disappointed to not have seen the option "I don't think it will be the end of the world" or something of that sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    Disappointed to not have seen the option "I don't think it will be the end of the world" or something of that sort.
    That's what other is for. And he does say it's all just for fun.

I went for all of the above. If the world is going to end, let's have it end properly.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    That's what other is for. And he does say it's all just for fun.

I went for all of the above. If the world is going to end, let's have it end properly.
    I'm glad all of the above includes other. So many possibilities.
    Zombies doing Gangnam Style. Reapers doing Gangnam Style. Asteroids hitting us to the tune of Gangnam Style. Possibilities are endless!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I'm glad all of the above includes other. So many possibilities.
    Zombies doing Gangnam Style. Reapers doing Gangnam Style. Asteroids hitting us to the tune of Gangnam Style. Possibilities are endless!
    So Gangnam style will bring the end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    http://imgur.com/gallery/yqpYx

are you SURE about that?
    Ok so you are saying we should either remove his vid from youtube, or watch it so many times it hits 1,000,000,000 views before the 21st? ok but can i keep it muted...
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    Ok so you are saying we should either remove his vid from youtube, or watch it so many times it hits 1,000,000,000 views before the 21st? ok but can i keep it muted...
    I ain't clicking on that video .....

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    So, 21 Dec 12 is coming! The Mayans predicted the end of the world!
    where does it say they predicted the end of the world? just curious.

my advent calender ends on the 25th of december, does that mean the world will also end then?

Where's the option that say "nothing" =D

Nothing will happen.I be in Thailand getting a lap dance.

Deleted
    What if the Mayans foresaw Santa Claus with lung cancer?

That means we can't get our Christmas presents and that would truly be the end of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The Mayans will rise from the dead, and go around and kill everyone that falsely accused them of predicting them of the end of the world. Then head back to their graves in peace knowing their name has been cleared.
    Which would be ironic because those accusations WOULDN'T be false if they did come back as zombies on the 21st.

Idk about end of the world but end of the world as we know it: shift in magnetic polls would somehow cause a massive EMP killing all electronics. This claim has absolutely zero scientific backing.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neraka View Post
    What people fail to mention is that on 24 February 1582 the Gregorian calendar was adopted introducing the Leap Year. So if you work out the date going backwards taking into account the leap years, technically the world should of "ended" in August!
    A couple of things.

1st: the Mayan calendar was translated in 1900 and sinks up nicely with the modern calendar.
    2nd: Everyone is in an uproar over the Mayan Long count calender.
    Table of Long Count units
    Days Long Count period Long Count unit Approximate Solar Years
    1 n/a 1 K'in n/a
    20 20 K'in 1 Winal n/a
    360 18 Winal 1 Tun 1
    7,200 20 Tun 1 K'atun 20
    144,000 20 K'atun 1 B'ak'tun 394
    2,880,000 20 B'ak'tun 1 Piktun 7,885
    57,600,000 20 Piktun 1 Kalabtun 157,704
    1,152,000,000 20 Kalabtun 1 K'inchiltun 3,154,071
    23,040,000,000 20 K'inchiltun 1 Alautun 63,081,429
    Today's Mayan date:Alautun 1, K'inchiltun 1, Kalabtun 1, Piktun 1, baktun 12, katun 19, tun 19, uinal 16, kin 19
    The calendar doesn't run out for 63,073,544 years.

3erd this is a silly thread, and I want to see the Reaper invasion.

Winter is coming.
    obviously.
    게임 은 어렵~~

I like the sound of bees destroying the world, so I'm going with that.

Wouldn't it be a funny/sad coincidence if the US Dollar finally collapsed on that date? The social unrest, rioting, looting, chaos, then the police/military state that would follow....maybe the UN would get involved. Perhaps China would buy the US...fun times....