Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    More unique sitcoms.

Remember when the formula for a sitcom was "fat guy, hot wife, odd family member"? It feels like most sitcoms nowadays still care about that pointless formula. the best ones were the ones that strayed away from it, at least in my opinion. The Drew Carey Show, Friends, were the best 90's/early 2000's sitcoms. Right now, How I Met Your Mother and Community. none of these followed that formula.

On that note, similar to what Badpaladin said, certain shows that get huge ratings end up getting canned quickly. That, or they change staff so much that it doesn't matter.

I'd also like to see more national stations like Fox and CBS stream more of their shows. Or, better yet, livestream their stations period. You still have commercials, so I see no financial reason to not do this.

things like firefly was canceled after a season, V was gutted and hardly supported and yet garbage like real houswives of x, 1000000 singing rehashed versions of the same show, and other brain dead shows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    They canceled the only TV shows I ever watched: The Shield and 24. Now its either ESPN or National Geographic as pretty much everything else on every single channel is lame ass retarded reality shows.
    AMC, HBO, Showtime and FX would like to have a word with you They aren't full of garbage like FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS and such.

I finished watching The Shield back to back a few weeks ago, what an amazing show!
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    13 episode seasons. Give me a happy medium, 20 or so. 13 is really short, especially for 30-minute shows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bossy women who do nothing but emasculate their bf/husband, while he meekly complies for fear of ever disagreeing with or displeasing her. It's a shit stereotype on both ends that's been going on for decades. It probably just started out as an exaggerated gag, but now it's on everything. Being smothered by it while growing up seriously fucked my idea of women until I had more experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    13 episode seasons. Give me a happy medium, 20 or so. 13 is really short, especially for 30-minute shows.
    Well there are hardly any 30 minute shows on those networks, maybe 1 or 2 but that's pretty much it. Everything else is 45-60 minute shows with 12-13 episodes per season. But yes! I would love to see shows like breaking bad and boardwalk empire go for 20 episodes a season

The thing is though is that none of the shows on these networks have "filler" episodes like most shows on other networks which I cannot stand. By filler episodes I mean episodes where the main story arc takes a back seat for almost the entire show while it focuses on a certain story every week (this happens in almost every cop show out there like criminal minds, CSI, Law & Order ETC) Also, on networks like HBO and Showtime, you are guaranteed to have a new episode every week as opposed to waiting 2-4 weeks for a new episode to come out. Shows like Fringe and Lost are a prime example of this And IMHO the stories are far more original and the acting is amazing!
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-11-30 at 08:09 AM.

The two things that get me the most are mid-season finales(The walking dead for example this season) so that you have to wait 2 months for the rest of the season. As well as scripted reality shows. Reality shows in general are pretty annoying to me.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Reality TV. Especially the shit on MTV. As much as i'm against censorship....this shit is just trash and needs to be taken off the air, but too many kids tune into it.

Reality TV...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    The two things that get me the most are mid-season finales(The walking dead for example this season) so that you have to wait 2 months for the rest of the season. As well as scripted reality shows. Reality shows in general are pretty annoying to me.
    Also have to agree with the mini seasons. 10 episodes of something is just a tease.

Trashy "real" housewife shows, and shows about basketball player's wives, and other crap. This crap only really bugs me because this is the shit they put on TV at my gym.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    They pulled that shit last season too -_- What's even more fucked up is that AMC decided to make us wait a whole YEAR to see the final 8 episodes of season 5.... I mean seriously? What is that shit?

I love to watch comedy and almost every where. Either its a t.v show or movies.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Can we have more movies where the bad guys win please? Also dont give us movies where we already know how its going to end.
    ^This

I get almost physically sick when watching a movie end with "And they lived happily ever after". Also, why does everything lately need to be cute? It's disgusting. Having said that it's rare for me to see the end of a movie play out differently than I predicted. I need more movies with endings like Mirrors and Dead Man's Curve.

Reality tv, shitty television writing, making supposedly smart characters do stupid things in order to make the plot work.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Deleted
    Reality shows. Every talent show I've ever seen with their talentless judges and audience of scum. Teenage vampires with relationship problems. Shows like the big bang theory with its terrible humour and tries way too hard to be geeky -_- Like in the first episode where one of the guy solves a crossword in about 2 seconds, seems legit. Movies/shows where the main character dies just because someone thought it needed a big twist even though it didn't.

The biggest thing that I'm tired of though, is probably the american remakes of films / TV shows, I can sort of understand remaking movies like the millennium trilogy, since it's in swedish and there's a lot of people that are just too lazy/ignorant to read subtitles, but remaking shows that are already in English and then just copying every single joke/character is just plain bad, The Inbetweeners for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    things like firefly was canceled after a season, V was gutted and hardly supported and yet garbage like real houswives of x, 1000000 singing rehashed versions of the same show, and other brain dead shows
    Unfortunately this fact speaks volumes about our current society. The sad truth is "Reality" TV sells. Idiocracy coming right up

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Cute", smart-ass children

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magruun View Post
    Reality shows especially those that are scripted, talent shows of any kind, people who prefer to scream, people who talk to the dead.
    Nothing bugs me more than reality shows. Jersey Shore, any Singing competition, and anything else, really. And here in Denmark we have reality shows thrown directly in our faces, all the damn time. You can TELL everything is scripted. And I just hate how people are eating it raw. Suck my fucking balls, humanity!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is exactly one show classified as "reality tv" that is worth watching: Mythbusters. the rest of it is trash and needs to go away: Jersey Shore (at least this one is dead now) the Kartrashians, Toddlers and Tiaras, Survivor, all of it is a blight, a crime against intelligence.

I don't get to the movies as often as I'd like to anymore (10 bucks a ticket still wasn't enough, apparently) but the biggest complaint I have there is that, after spending a day's pay on tickets and a drink, you go in, sit down, and do you see the movie? no! we're gonna show you an hour of commercials first! REALLY?!? I fail to see how the movie industry can be hurting as bad as they claim when they're raking in cash both ways like that... last movie I went to the theater for, I forgot what I had decided to see by the time it actually started because of all the damn commercials...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...