Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Solo] Brawler's Guild for Mages

Got my invite last night, and am currently half way to rank 4. How is everybody doing at this so far?

Frost has made every fight a joke so far, I see a lot of Mages going fire at the higher ranks though. Millhouse I am excited to face sometime, thinking just waiting for the damage buff to get extremely high, then doing a Pyro/Alter time for a very high combustion and that will probably melt his health pool.

On Slippy if you go frost and just spam Ice lance you are fine. The only other fight that you had to know what you were doing was that Arrakoa bird, instead of kiting him, you stack on him and let the tornadoes run into him. Oh, and watch out for the Scarlet Monastery guy in the early fights, he hits like a truck so you really need to kite well.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

send me an invite
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    send me an invite
    Took 60-70 kills for it to drop. Already made a pact to give it to somebody who is giving it to another friend as well.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Got my invite last night, and am currently half way to rank 4. How is everybody doing at this so far?

Frost has made every fight a joke so far, I see a lot of Mages going fire at the higher ranks though. Millhouse I am excited to face sometime, thinking just waiting for the damage buff to get extremely high, then doing a Pyro/Alter time for a very high combustion and that will probably melt his health pool.

On Slippy if you go frost and just spam Ice lance you are fine. The only other fight that you had to know what you were doing was that Arrakoa bird, instead of kiting him, you stack on him and let the tornadoes run into him. Oh, and watch out for the Scarlet Monastery guy in the early fights, he hits like a truck so you really need to kite well.
    I am currently R7 in the Brawlers guild. I went frost for basically every fight leading up the the GG Engineering. Almost every boss (Not Ixx... Bug for MVP!) is stunnable (Deepable, RoF etc.). So start with RoF before they spawn, then freeze, deep, nova etc, you can bypass a lot of the hard hitting mechanics that melee have to deal with. Because of my gearing gemming, enchants, and since I refuse to regem and reforge for brawler, fire will be the spec I use to meet the enrage timers in R7 and 8 fights. Also you have to be very mobile for fights such as GG Engineering and for later fights (R8 Ive watched) you have to move a LOT.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Happy Hunting.

currently rank 6, almost 7. haven't had any trouble yet. Have been fire for most of it, but went frost for the leper gnomes and it was easymode.

Deleted
    Rank 8, fights are a nightmare at this rank..

Quote Originally Posted by Divineblast View Post
    Rank 8, fights are a nightmare at this rank..
    What's your item level and how'd you manage the GG Engineering fight? I've tried it twice and the best attempt was ~35% before I run out of health due to the gnomish ray. I'm utilizing the rockets for extra damage and dragon's breath for interrupts, but outside of getting symbiosis from a druid for some type of heal I don't think I have the damage to do it. I don't know if it's possible with a 475 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    I am currently R7 in the Brawlers guild. I went frost for basically every fight leading up the the GG Engineering. Almost every boss (Not Ixx... Bug for MVP!) is stunnable (Deepable, RoF etc.). So start with RoF before they spawn, then freeze, deep, nova etc, you can bypass a lot of the hard hitting mechanics that melee have to deal with. Because of my gearing gemming, enchants, and since I refuse to regem and reforge for brawler, fire will be the spec I use to meet the enrage timers in R7 and 8 fights. Also you have to be very mobile for fights such as GG Engineering and for later fights (R8 Ive watched) you have to move a LOT.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Happy Hunting.
    Any tips for GG as fire?

Deleted
    So far I'm pretty much killing anything before I notice the fight started.... 495 ilvl alter time double pyros into combustion just DESTROYS anything upto rank 5. Hopefully it'll get harder later... but meh, 30 minute queues for 30 second fights are a bit boring.

Died once up until rank 7, now I keep derping on GG Engineers even though it's fucking easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to rank 7 and have only died 3 times (1 from being basically asleep, one waiting for rotten fruit stacks and 1 from actually making a mistake). As frost in 485 gear I've found it easy so far. Just remember to change your talents/glyphs around.

Just had my third attempt at GG Engineering as fire mage. Wiped at 90k cus I cancelled my ice block in a bomb, GG me.

Spec for NT - does more damage on this fight, try to multi dot but don't go out of your way to do it.
    Spec for Cold Snap, pop your first Ice Block on top of Bo after the first shield, so all the rockets hit her, takes off a good chunk of the HP.
    After this stick to Bo at all times, even when she is in the shield, Dragon Breath her, Deep Freeze her, do anything yo can to lessen the amount of lightning spams she gets out.
    Pop Cold Snap when you get to 50% hp, and use your second Ice Block as soon as Hypothermia fades, very important you do it on top of Bo and not while she is under the shield. If she is not dead after this you are basically boned, but it is doable with 70k+ dps.

Speccing for Ring of Frost and getting them both stuck in at the start helps immensely for that AT/Pyro - combust opener, getting it spread on both before they port away is probably the win or lose moment. Make sure you are spec'd IW and use that + IB on cooldown, even with lots of control Bo's lightning does a fuckload of damage.

If you stand in any of Max's rockets, you lose.

Very hard boss for a class with extremely little self healing, but doable.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

ohhh on my real invite codsts ~150k gold =((
    and a lot of farmers every where ((
    so sad xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Just died at 35k on GG Engineers. This is really hard, I love it.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be that guy but I actually got my invite on the first alliance rare spawn I killed along with the pvp power trinket. I normally have bad luck though.

Anyway, rank 7 warrior here, 29 deaths on the Dark Tormentor. Fighting this guy sucks as melee cause of the long melee range instant death attacks. Best attempt was 29%.

Watched a mage faceroll it though and the rest are easy after that for you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got GG Engineering and Dark Tormentor. Struggling on the next one though, not quite sure how to deal with it yet. With IW I don't have enough hp to survive until he is dead, and with Evocation I don't have enough damage (as I have to evo constantly to not just die from his autoattack).

Ideas? I am only popping one explosion to minimise damage, then running circles around him.

Edit: Did Combustion get hotfix nerfed or something? Even after critting back to back two pyroblasts for over 320k each my combustion still only ticks for 11.5k. It should clearly be a lot more than that. It's really messing me up on Battletron as I am consistently getting him to 6-10% before dying.

Double edit: Yes, Combustion was nerfed by 50% and CM tuned down to 1.25.

Killed Battletron though, in spite of the nerfs. ^_^

Triple edit: Wiping to enrage at 20% on Epicus Maximus and the C'thun eye now. Can't pump out enough damage at the moment with the nerfs + scorch spam.
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2012-12-01 at 06:03 AM.
    Armory
    Twitter

In the name of God how did you kill Battletron. I can not get him with 490 ilvl. 6 percent wipe was my best. I'm speccing incanter's ward and evocating once using healthstone and prepotting dps pot using health pot later because of damage taken I usually blow up 3 orbs trying to get the best alter time pyro/combust early. It's killing me.

-Nish

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran with Invocation for Battletron. Evocated as soon as I got into the arena, then once when the buff fell off. At the start, pop your potion and Time Warp as you lay into him with Fireballs - get off a combust before his shield activates then hit Alter Time and blow up 2 orbs. Alter time again when they have blown up, and you should be at 100% health with 2 orbs down.

After this, just run around him singing happy songs while spamming Scorch. It's going to be a close fight but it's not impossible. I beat his enrage by roughly 15 seconds so there is room for RNG. :-)

Edit: And yeah, Healthstones help. I didn't have any so it was pretty close, but with them it shouldn't be a problem to survive.
    Armory
    Twitter

Well, that works I was worried about losing the spellpower buff but using a gcd on incanter's ward was kind of getting rough also not alter timing the initial ball blast was costing me a lot of health. I would have assumed that the best way to go would be increase damage with alter time instead of saving health but since combust is crappy now (I would have killed him 5x over if it was as strong as it was pre hotfix) I might as well save it for my own health and hope for a good early combust.

Going to try this out and yeah I have all buffs and healthstones. Did you use a health pot later or prepot + another dps pot later?
    Last edited by Nish77; 2012-12-01 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used 2 DPS potions.

Edit: Wiping at 15% on every single Rank 8 boss now. I wish I'd be this far yesterday, could probably have killed them all pre-nerf if I had Kings or something. Doing this self buffed at the moment. >_<
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2012-12-01 at 08:19 AM.
    Armory
    Twitter