Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really struggling on the disruptor guy now, as well as Maximus. I'm doing this as arcane so DPS is absolutely an issue. Got Maximus to 11% just now though, so making progress.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Would it be possible to "brute force" Battletron as Arcane, simply not moving and healing with Invocation?

Can't see it being possible to put out the dps required as fire while moving anymore.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Would it be possible to "brute force" Battletron as Arcane, simply not moving and healing with Invocation?

Can't see it being possible to put out the dps required as fire while moving anymore.
    I highly doubt you will be able to do that against Battletron.

I managed to do every fight as Fire post nerf, and I only struggled on Disruptron because of him teleporting me out early. My ilvl is 492.

It's tight, with how many bombs you blow up at once, but it is possible, I'm still on battletron, but I only tried once with arcane and rune of power and I had the boss down to sub 60% just spamming blast for about 20 seconds. I feel confident it would be easy with invocation, my queues were just too long to try and I went to bed.

As Fire, it is very tight, but it is indeed possible.

Did it last night, iLvl 489 (Forgot food buff) after about ~7 tries, had about 10s until beserk Fire came although the problem is even surviving to the enrage. Make sure you grab Scorch, Ice Barrier, Cold Snap and Incanters, and have Combustion/Evo/Ice Block glyphed. Not sure what kind of gear you will need, but you'll need to pull ~90k DPS over 2 minutes (Any external buffs like kings/might/stamina etc are well worth grabbing if you can, but not necessary).

Have Ice Barrier up before you enter, start with a Pre-pot (Very important!) and Time Warp straight away. As soon as the 6th orb spawns, hit alter time (Try to have a Pyro held for the extra DPS), and go crazy. You should have at least 3 orbs explode during Alter Time, and you'll be at full hp. If you managed to destroy at least 3 orbs, he'll destroy his old ones and start summoning new ones. Keep nuking (Combustion should have been used around the Alter time point), and as soon as the 7th orb spawns try to send a Fireball through, but Ice Block instantly. Come out of IB and try to destroy an orb next to the one that was gone.

If done correctly from here, you should have a small gap (Two destroyed orbs) open, and near to full HP since the orbs couldn't hit you through the 3s immunity from Ice Block. From here, it's just a case of running around him in line with that gap with your usual rotation (Scorch replacing Fireball), Ice Barrier and Incanter's Ward off cooldown, hit cold snap when you're under ~60% hp and Evocate (Channel fully!) when you're at about 35%. Remember your 2nd pot when there's about ~10s on combustion coming off. I'd advise you save the 2nd Ice Block for if your HP gets dangerously low at a later %, but it won't save you through the fire berserk.

Keep at it! It's going to require a little bit of luck and perfecting to get right, but it's within reach. Good luck!

I am horribly stuck on GG Engineers, got them to 20% once, but in the end, I run out of cd's to save myself (fire mage). I was wondering if it is worth it to use Mage Armor on it, to soak a little more of that gnomish death ray damage. I use incanters ward for that extra shield once in a while.

I can improve perhaps on using dragons breath, thought it was uninteruptable.

I start of with preshielding ice barrier before I'm called in, so I can shield immediatly again when the fight starts. I hit hero, prey for a crit, and hit combustion and try to spread it asap. That does a big chunck of damage, but if I dont crit, I simply wasted a cd. Mirrors to lure the gnome a few secs away from me. I use evocation in barriers to heal myself up, and keep rolling the shields. Alter time is to tricky for me in here, I use it as a regain health tool, so I can stand still to get in a fireball crit.

Either I'm dead by gnomish death ray, or by failing to roll cd's (alsoto late in shield). And ofcourse when it goes shit, you start to fail on the gun aswell.

I'm currently ilvl 486, perhaps I need a better weapon then a 483 LFR dagger, to make it easier on the dps, but that is the least of my problems.

Mage Armour doesn't reduce magical damage, just the duration of magical effects, a spell dot for example. And anyhow, gnomish death ray is physical damage, Molten Armour will reduce it's damage slightly.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Can anyone give me some tips on Yikkan izu (the bird) i've been doing it as arcane, fire seems like you would accidently cleave a bird and enrage, i havent had problems up until this guy, 483 ilvl. but as arcane once i AE the bird down, 2 hits, i only have about 3 seconds until the next wave comes

Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    I hate to be that guy but I actually got my invite on the first alliance rare spawn I killed along with the pvp power trinket. I normally have bad luck though.

Anyway, rank 7 warrior here, 29 deaths on the Dark Tormentor. Fighting this guy sucks as melee cause of the long melee range instant death attacks. Best attempt was 29%.

Watched a mage faceroll it though and the rest are easy after that for you guys.
    Rank 7 warrior here on the same fight, only 480ilvl, best attempt was 400k life left (don't remember what his pool is, haven't tried in a few days cause i just don't have the gear to kill him yet even though that 400k is only one swing, I haven't been anywhere near that again yet. and on that attempt all the ghosts spawned in the same spot.) At least GG Engineering was a 1 shot. Yay for Second Wind.

Hi,

I have a question about Epicus Maximus.

I am a hundred percent sure that almost every time I can stand in the little red sound circles with no harm. I tried many times and I was able to stand and hard cast as much Fireball as I wanted, see a circle appear under my feet, see the projectile or whatever coming and landing, all this without loosing life or being slowed on my cast or anything.

On the contrary sometimes, for instance while I am kiting and precisely not standing in any circle, I take ~500k damages from a skill named "Pure Rock'n'roll".

I don't understand what is happening.

I thought Pure Rock'n'roll was the name of the skill of the Rock Undead launching the little red circles every where.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Psychokwak View Post
    Hi,

I have a question about Epicus Maximus.

I am a hundred percent sure that almost every time I can stand in the little red sound circles with no harm. I

Thanks,
    From my observations you dont take damage if youre at long range/max range but do it he is closer.
    Last edited by Twitches; 2012-12-14 at 04:27 AM.

So, i am starting Brawler's soon and am wondering what you guys play on these fights?
    I have 496 ilvl and currently full Mastery as Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Twitches View Post
    From my observations you dont take damage if youre at long range/max range but do it he is closer. Im having issues with this fight as a mage at 496 iLVL. I have had many top 10 ranks on heroic HOF fights and H msv but post nerf am having issues with enrage on epicus. I guess i just need to have one of those amazing crit streaks to beat this.
    Oh, thanks for the observation. Didn't have the occasion to brawl again since the last time but I will try to verify this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by lillbrorsan View Post
    So, i am starting Brawler's soon and am wondering what you guys play on these fights?
    I have 496 ilvl and currently full Mastery as Arcane
    As for me, I was fire and until Battletron I was ilvl 486. Self buffed. No flask. No food. But double pot I one-shotted everything, even the boss just before Battletron (but AS FROST).
    I broke my teeth against Battletron until I was ilvl 490, self buffed, flask, no food and Shadowpriest buff (Stamina and Haste).

I guess with your ilvl you will be just fine until Battletron, and even Battletron should be fine with ilvl 496 (as of today having such and ilevel talks me into thinking you know what your are doing while on your Mage).
    I wish I had this ilvl to deal with Epicus Maximus and Disruptron !

Good luck.

Stuck on Battletron.. 487 ilvl, is this a gearcheck now only? (after changes to 9.6kk hp)

I am so pissed about the Disruptron fight. I am Fire, with 493 Item lvl and even if I managed to pull 93K dps, enrage killed me with 80K left on him......

Deleted
    Hey!

I'm recommending fire once hitting rank 7. You're gonna need the mobility for the majority of the fights, the damage potential is still high even after the nerf, allthough you're gonna be wiping on enrage due to lack of crits coupla times. I'll try sum up how I managed to kill the bosses.

I used invocation and Ice Barrier for all the kills.

Rank 1-7: Faceroll, besides Battletron: Try to time your TW opener for when the orbs start exploding so you'll be back on full, or close to full health once he recasts it. When they're up again, trigger 2-3 of them and start running around the boss. There's time to cast fireballs if you're slightly ahead of the "gap" and blink through the boss to end up in the gap again. Warlock HS is helpful!

Rank 8
    Millhouse: Pray to the rng gods you'll have 2-3 crystals linked to you all the time and make sure your images doesnt interrupt the beams. Stack up to 90-100 stacks and go bananas on the boss with all your offensive cooldowns. 400k ish dps required.

Zen'shar: Use NT, flamestrike, arcane explosion to quickly kill off the eyes. Pop CDs and execute the typical TW opener and keep running until the boss is dead. If lucky you might get the occasional fireball cast off, I think I managed with a full scorch rotation though.

Disrupton: Have a priest buffing you with levitate. I found a sweet spot basically on the wall under the spectator area where I didn't have to move during the entire fight, a tad bit to the left. A Patchwerkfight once you find that spot.

Epicus Maximus: By far the hardest fight for a mage. Proper reforge/gemming and fully buffed is a must, and even then you're gonna find yourself wiping alot due to rng.

I popped TW/Images/pot/synapse on pull and started scorching while he began to cast the laser, fishing for a Pyro+HU proc to execute an AT opener. I then tried to alternate every second scorch (while repositioning of course) with a fireball, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, depending on how delayed the "Music circles" were. The fact is you'll have to play extremely aggresive to have a shot at this, sometimes ending up dead due to spending that millisecond too long casting a fireball. I didn't check the logs after the kill but I'm guessing I was well above the average critrate (45-50~%). With that said, this isn't necessarily the best strategy but could prove useful to some of you.

This was done in 493 ilvl gear
    Blitzkrieger, Azjol-Nerub
    Last edited by mmoc9e068ce64c; 2012-12-14 at 01:05 AM.

Completed all of the brawlers guild rank 8 as fire post nerf. date 9/12/12. Was good fun to do with friends but i won;t be going back on my mage. Will run through it on my Spriest now. I was 495 ilvl for all of the rank 8 fights and I used invocation. Epicus was easily the hardest. I went frost for zen'shar and glyphed icy veins/ice lance- Killed the eyes in <10 seconds then popped TW. Manastorm was by far the easiest, followed by disruptron, zen'shar and then epicus being the hardest.

Twitch of jubei'thos

Okay got him down to 150k.. Definately doable on 487 ilvl.. Just needed that int food... (battletron)

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 11:28 AM ----------

F*CK YEA MADE IT with 91k dps..

Pyroblast 3.85M (40.1%)
    Scorch 1.34M (14.0%)
    Ignite 1.19M (12.4%)
    Nether Tempest 1.07M (11.2%)
    Combustion 857.8k (8.9%)
    Fireball 565.3k (5.9%)
    Inferno Blast 490.9k (5.1%)
    Mirror Images 230.0k (2.4%)

Had mastery buff, stamina buff, int food buff (250), healthstone and flask.

Ran:
    Scorch, Ice Barrier, Cold Snap, Nether Tempest and Invocation.

Strat:
    When "you're next up!" pops up I used evocation to get invocation buff and then immediately when the challenger gets tp'd out I cast Ice Barrier. Then when I get tp'd in I evocation for the buff and then immediately prepot, TW, trinket and start spamming fireball. Saved Pyroblast! For Alter Time directly when shield finishes then shot down 2 orbs and Altered Timed back to full health with 2 orbs down. Then just prayed to RNG gods to proc pyros when running spamming scorch.. Evocation again when TW is at 1 second and cold snap/healthstone when needed.. Just need a lot of luck.. This was done at 487 ilvl

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atolo/advanced

Hope this helps and good luck!
    Last edited by Joakim1331; 2012-12-14 at 10:49 AM.

Well I am really stuck on both Epicus Maximus and Disruptron.

I really feel like Disruptron is much more easier in terms of DpS. Managing to build a solid AlterTime Combustion up to 900k right at the pull is woa... making things easier. At least reaching the 35%! Then it's pure war and I need to pratice more to deal with the 17 orbs and the 3 lasers altogether.
    I learn the pattern of the red lasers and I am now at ease with it, except when I'm surprised by a new source of wind orbs.
    What keep me from performing more and more is the alternance of Epicus and Disruptron, but also somekind of bug I am noticing: from time to time, on certain tries, I am getting hit by some invisible stuff with does not even show in the battle log. 1 out of 4 tries I would say.
    Less than 500k anyway!

As for Epicus Maximus, man I can't just pull that much DpS while kiting and being harassed so much. I am familiar enough with the fight to know when I can "smuggle" a fireball cast to optimize DpS, but even-though I am far far far from the down. On my luckiest try I was a solid 1 million HP from the down when I was overwhelmed by the fire rain.
    Also, there is something I cannot cope with: usually Epicus Maximus will cast the Lazer, and then the Blue Crush. When the rotation is like that, no problem I instantly CS and it rolls until the enrage timer.
    However, I feel like more and more often, Epicus Maximus will sometimes pop a Blue Crush without considering a CD or anything and take me 1) per surprise 2) with Counterspell on CD. Sometimes Epicus Maximus even stops the cast of the Lazer to pop an early Blue Crush, crushing me.

I am struggling.
    I have the chance to be on a low Horde population server so I can chain the tries.
    However I do not benefit from other's buff, maybe that is the down factor to my attempts.
    Also, the fucking Zeppelin passing over Brawl'gar Arena is literally killing me and making me loose my temper, for this fat stupid bitch is always passing by as I have a critical jump to make or something like that...

I killed Millhouse and Zen'Shar as with 490 ilvl and I am now 492 with a 2/2 ilvl 504 Loshan and of course the 500 Int. I was hoping such a boost would help me getting the little DpS I am missing but, meh.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. However, I think it is more a matter of RNG, little bit of luck and perseverance than a redesign of my way to attempt.

EDIT: the first part of the message went messed up with the fusion then edition of a new post (the very one above. Meh. So sorry for the long advices for Zen'Shar and Millhouse but I am too exhausted to write them down again).
    Last edited by Psychokwak; 2012-12-15 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    I'm stuck on battletron not able to find the correct spec/talents for it with 485 ilvl, might need more ilvl tho