Trinket choice from 3 trinkets - Elemental

Hi all,

I have the Relic of Yu'lon, which is obviously my main trinket.

For the second one I have a 1/1 [Zen Alchemist Stone] and a 2/2 [Light of the Cosmos] Raid Finder, which of these two should I be using?

Thanks!

(Gordonfreema, US-Azralon)

Light of the Cosmos, hands down. Especially if you upgraded it it would be a waste. The Haste will make your mastery valueable and that's why haste will always be >= to Mastery.

Just like someone mentionned in another thread:
    Relic of Yu'lon > HC Essence of Terror > HC Light of the Cosmos > Essence of Terror > Light of the Cosmos > LFR Essence of Terror > LFR Light of the Cosmos.

Thanks!

I did see that thread, but was wondering if they had considered the 4691 int proc from the stone.

If you want to compare by yourself, www.maxdps.com suggests a stat weight of

Intellect : 3.55
    Haste : 1.35
    Mastery : 1.33
    Crit : 1.22

With these numbers, you can try to make your Zen Alchemist Stone's Intellect buff a passive. It's a good indicator but you can also just go on a dummy and test by yourself. Do 2-3 runs of 5 minutes on each without CDs and compare.

Zen Alchemist Stone:
    4691 Intellect with ~22% uptime = 1032 Intellect
    871 Mastery

Light of the Cosmos:
    3087 Intellect with ~30% uptime = 926 Intellect
    1029 Haste

I would definitely go with alchemist stone, you gain more from 100 Intellect than 150 secondary stat, and Ascendance is just much better when used during proc.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Deleted
    With 20 s uptime and 45 s ICD (Sources (1,2) = 44.4% Uptime 15% chance of proccing) you get way more Intellect than just 926. (for 3087 math says sth like 1372)

Thus LotC should be way better than the Alchemist's Stone.

Source 1: WoWhead
    Source 2: BlueTracker (search for Light of)

Quote Originally Posted by Ismaire View Post
    With 20 s uptime and 45 s ICD (Sources (1,2) = 44.4% Uptime 15% chance of proccing) you get way more Intellect than just 926. (for 3087 math says sth like 1372)

The icd might be 45 sec, but it can only proc of FS ticks (15% chance each tick).

I'd go with alchemist stone.

Have you tested the Light of the Cosmos? It procs all the time off the ICD.

u should sim it i have the same trinkets and alcy trinket sims 400 dps higher than cosmos whitout eny upgrading

I will just repost this, for you, Storeposer.

Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    I will just repost this, for you, Storeposer.
    And Ill repost this.
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    The icd might be 45 sec, but it can only proc of FS ticks (15% chance each tick).

I'd go with alchemist stone.
    And this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RSkJWeHc#gid=0

And this

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...ghlight=cosmos

And of course point out that we have phases where we dont use shocks and thus have nothing to proc it (Blade Lord p1 being the most obvious one, but there are more)

You will never get full uptime from Light of the Cosmos as ele. If you'd actually try the trinket in game, search logs of shamans using it, or just sim it, you'd see the realistic uptime is 30-33%.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

how do you get a result of 44,4%?

uptime is 20s, ICD is 45s, so shouldn't we calculate 20s/(45s+20s)*100 = 30,76%?

zen has 15s uptime and 55s icd so it is 15s/(15s+55s)*100= 21,4%

so Faeglendirs values are correct IMO.

however logs show me uptime from 27%-37% for LofC but I guess it depends a lot from the length of the fight and how short after the buff went off the fight was over.
    so indeed an alchemist stone is a little bit better than the trinket and when upgradet even more. Faeglendirs values are for the upgraded alchemist stone vs. the upgradet lfr LotC.
    So in real world you wouldn't upgrade an LFR item as it costs valor and the upgrade of the alchemist stone is really cheap.
    I think I give it a try and switch back to the alchemist stone.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2012-12-01 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    how do you get a result of 44,4%?

uptime is 20s, ICD is 45s, so shouldn't we calculate 20s/(45s+20s)*100 = 30,76%?

zen has 15s uptime and 55s icd so it is 15s/(15s+55s)*100= 21,4%

so Faeglendirs values are correct IMO.

however logs show me uptime from 27%-37% for LofC but I guess it depends a lot from the length of the fight and how short after the buff went off the fight was over.
    so indeed an alchemist stone is a little bit better than the trinket and when upgradet even more. Faeglendirs values are for the upgraded alchemist stone vs. the upgradet lfr LotC.
    So in real world you wouldn't upgrade an LFR item as it costs valor and the upgrade of the alchemist stone is really cheap.
    I think I give it a try and switch back to the alchemist stone.
    ICD starts when the buff procs, not when it ends, thats why he has correct 44,4%. But we wont get even close to that since we have one slow dot, which we dont even use that much or at all in certain phases of some bosses, whereas alch proc from everything. The spreadsheet I found even clearly shows, that for us, its about 50/50 that the ICD will be 5 or more ticks delayed (to almost a minute CD) and still 20% of not proccing at all for 25s (which is pretty big chance tbh - im pretty sure we all remember FL bonus that reseted CD on FE on all offensive spells... yet there were times when it just wouldnt proc in the 30s window we had between end of ICD and end of FET)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    ICD starts when the buff procs, not when it ends, thats why he has correct 44,4%. But we wont get even close to that since we have one slow dot, which we dont even use that much or at all in certain phases of some bosses, whereas alch proc from everything. The spreadsheet I found even clearly shows, that for us, its about 50/50 that the ICD will be 5 or more ticks delayed (to almost a minute CD) and still 20% of not proccing at all for 25s (which is pretty big chance tbh - im pretty sure we all remember FL bonus that reseted CD on FE on all offensive spells... yet there were times when it just wouldnt proc in the 30s window we had between end of ICD and end of FET)
    ah ok, thanks for clarification about ICD. yes logs for me showed uptime between 27-37 and thats far away from 44%