Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Cataclysm spell, it's ingame!

Saw that fancy spell on the PTR called Cataclysm?

Been on Youtube and seen previews of the spell?

Well we were told it wasn't going to make it to live until they found a better way of implementing it...
    I can tell you now that is is on live, however you can't cast the spell as it's not in your spellbook.

I tried to make a macro for /cast Cataclysm and yet it didn't work.

However, it was ever so amusing during first boss Heart of Fear when I was mindcontrolled, my warlock decided to cast Cataclysm and blow the sh*t out of our raid.

Fun times.

Did find it bizarre that it's not available to use from our spellbook, maybe there's a spell ID we can use to create a macro with to cast it? Considering it IS there and available to cast (during MC).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, that IS morbidly amusing if it did indeed wipe you. One of those things that will most likely be hotfixed rather quickly if it gets reported by enough people.

Deleted
    Had this today on Sha of Anger, instantly went ot check in my spellbook.

Nope not there!

You mean to tell me that nobody ran out of range of the uniquely blazing Warlock? :P

Lol, thats so awesome, your raid must have had a great time trying to figure out how the heck you just killed everyone :P

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course blizzard would only give warlocks a cool spell if its only purpose is to wipe the raid under certain circumstance. why expect anything else?
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Of course blizzard would only give warlocks a cool spell if its only purpose is to wipe the raid under certain circumstance. why expect anything else?
    This is really how Blizzard work this expansion. Making encounters hard by stupid RNG not the actual mechanics. Hell yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you combat log this? Should be able to work it out from there.

Edit, nevermind: Cataclysm

LOL! That is so awesome.

I am soooo sitting in the mind control cloud next Sha fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Yeah cause its not like locks got a complete graphical overhaul... oh wait.
    graphical ovrehaul? stop running on every thread with that nosense.

Still they felt like outdated compared to all classes in cata.And i am not saying this cause I have a lock or i am a fanboy of warlocks,i have almost every class (except shaman) and warlock all this time had a feeling of being left outofdate.And imo a quest to change the colour of one of your spec's spells isn't considered legendary.Was it that hard to fix a freaking wand attack that they had to remove the coolest and most badass graphic design from it?Yeah i am still raging for removing the melee attack from demon form even if it was useless (spam chaos skulls ftw...) or even the double jump(which was only cosmetic...)

Says "Spell not learned" when you try to cast it.

Dying a little on the inside knowing we cant use it.
    And it just makes it worse seeing the tooltip

Ugh, I really hope this helps us from getting trained in PvP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    We really do seem to get fucked intentionally, don't we?

You might not know it yet, but Blizzard is testing the spell on live test subjects during raids to see how it works out.

This spell is also cast by high priestess solarian hen you get MC'd.

I was messing around in TK and forgot to dismiss m pet..found out he hard way how cool cataclysm is!

awesome !! too bad we still cant use it, yet