Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alts getting access to the challenge modes xmog.

Can anybody ask on official forums if this is intended? I have a few guildies that got their xmog and today they logged on their alt and automatically recieved the Challenge : Gold Conqueror achievements on said alts and access to the xmog.

I'm banned from the forums and really wondering if this is intended, not like i mind either way, seems a bit silly tough, guess will def make them more common, so less valuable :/.

Not a big fan of seeing everything go account-wide :/.

Deleted
    Most likely related to the bug making mounts that should not be account wide.

I'm very tempted to log all my alts and get the xmog gear but I guess it's better to leave it so I don't get banned for exploit or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I'm very tempted to log all my alts and get the xmog gear but I guess it's better to leave it so I don't get banned for exploit or something.
    I really dont think Blizzard can ban you for it just because you get it from just entering ANY instance so you will get the gear even if you were unaware of it.

tbh i think this would be a good idea to implement / keep.

the effort you have to go thru to get gold on all challange modes should be enough. it's the player that shows his skill with these transmogs seeing the gears itemlevel gets reduced anyways.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    the effort you have to go thru to get gold on all challange modes should be enough. it's the player that shows his skill with these transmogs seeing the gears itemlevel gets reduced anyways.
    I like the idea, but I feel as though you should be skillful on the character that you earn it on. If you want the Challenge Mode Golds on a certain class, be skilled with that class.

I still haven't found people on my server actually willing to put the time in for challenge modes, but this is nevertheless bad news for me. Once I found people I was hoping to do silvers eventually on 4 different characters so that my main could have all 4 phoenix mounts. Can anyone confirm if that is possible?
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I still haven't found people on my server actually willing to put the time in for challenge modes, but this is nevertheless bad news for me. Once I found people I was hoping to do silvers eventually on 4 different characters so that my main could have all 4 phoenix mounts. Can anyone confirm if that is possible?
    Afaik you can only access the phoenix on the character that earnt it, my DK alt can't access the phoenix my paladin has. So you can get all 4 mounts, you'll only be able to use them on their respective characters though.

If i do them as a Hunter like i'm currently doing on week ends with friends, doesn't mean i'm good enough as a Monk or a Rogue to do them, besides whats the point in having rare/hard to acquire rewards if every alts has them. If its intended i want my Hunter's glad mount on my other toons :/.

I'm just surprised it hasn't been noticed by more people.

I couldn't find people on my own servers either, i had to form a group with Battletag/RealID friends. Harder to coordinate but its doable.

I disagree. Challenge modes are in the vein of the Gladiator rewards: That stuff's all character-specific, this should be too. Being good with one class does not necessarily mean you're good with any/all others.

Unfortunately if they start doing this officially people will continue to whine and complain how other things aren't account wide like vanilla pvp titles. I don't think people should be banned, but they should fix the problem and remove the gear from alts since its not an account wide achievement.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Looks like this has been fixed, been leveling my alt and have not gotten any xmog gear so far, but I still have it on my warrior alt.

I laughed at people thinking this actually requires skill. Setup, invisibility potions and patience is all you need.

Source: I fucking did it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post
    I laughed at people thinking this actually requires skill. Setup, invisibility potions and patience is all you need.

Yeahyeah, nothing takes skill in WoW, everyone's the best, nobody cares about anything, everything is shit, we know all about it, been part of the pvp community for long enough to be used to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post

Lets keeps this at a good level Don't want to lock this cause you can't behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Yeahyeah, nothing takes skill in WoW, everyone's the best, nobody cares about anything, everything is shit, we know all about it, been part of the pvp community for long enough to be used to it.
    Same as above.. This aint a "Lets post epic bashinglines towards Blizzard" If you can't come up with something constructive I will lock this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post

Same as above.. This aint a "Lets post epic bashinglines towards Blizzard" If you can't come up with something constructive I will lock this thread
    Was sarcasm because of vyoh's elitist response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Was sarcasm because of vyoh's elitist response.
    His response wasn't very constructive or funny. Answering to that is just feeding trolls and that is just as bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post

But hes right. Remove pots and lock certain spells that make it unfair and Challenge Modes might be worth the prestige.

Somewhat like Heroism/Bloodlust being locked in Arena. You shouldn't have to look for specific classes/roles if Challenge Modes truely was about showing you are skilled on a certain class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    But hes right. Remove pots and lock certain spells that make it unfair and Challenge Modes might be worth the prestige.

Somewhat like Heroism/Bloodlust being locked in Arena. You shouldn't have to look for specific classes/roles if Challenge Modes truely was about showing you are skilled on a certain class.
    Every class/spec can get gold, invis pots aren't required for gold on most instances either. If you care about being #1 on your server/whatever, you do and play what is needed to be, its an MMO, classes will always matter, and if you want to remove every consumables and make the game completly flat, might want to look into another genre.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-12-02 at 05:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

I do not want to bitch about this but the thread is not about how imbalanced CM is.. If this continues I will lock this thread. You are most welcome to create a thread about the balance of CM in General Discussions or Raids & Dungeons.