Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    How do you dodge the boss's attacks? And is it really important to get the extra 500k damage?
    Normal mode? Tanks can outdps the enrage. Our group has our spriest and affliction lock throwing dots on, and melees come in when no adds are up(less than 45 seconds throughout the entire fight), but we beat teh soft enrage by a good 2 minutes. Even beyond the soft enrage, he's still doable.

Heroic mode? It's incredibly important. It's 7,000,000 per person who does the dance full time. The tanks alone are 14,000,000 damage. Add you on, that's 21,000,000 hp you simply can ignore.

The dance is very easy, ignore his animation - they're very misleading unless you know them well. Watch the blue lines. The first line comes out about a quarter of a second before he finishes his animation anyways. ALWAYS run DIRECTLY into the boss the SECOND the dance starts. Always. The second you see the blue line - Avoid it. Just remember, the AoE is beyond the boss. If his slash is left, the slash STARTS about 5 yards RIGHT of the boss.

The stomp is the only thing I've been hit by since our first attempt. Only got hit by that twice, in dozens of attempts. Just gotta be quick. Be sure to not move more than 18 yards from the boss. The stomp aoe vs the magnetic pull range is only a 3 yard gap - that's all that makes stomp a pain.

Just watch for the blue arcs and go to the opposite side, and hope you don't get trolled like us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChj6dLxo_I

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Just watch for the blue arcs and go to the opposite side, and hope you don't get trolled like us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChj6dLxo_I
    Was that before 5.1 or after?

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Was that before 5.1 or after?
    Last week reset, before 5.1 Haven't been there yet this week.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Last week reset, before 5.1 Haven't been there yet this week.
    Oh okay, great. There was a DK spell that was broken in 5.0.5 (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123693) that was causing this, but it should be fixed in 5.1. What happened was the target would face the DK for a split second after casting that spell, which in this case caused the Arc to turn towards the DK.

Deleted
    its quite easy to dodge as tank and so when i went as melee dps i got stomped coz i was only looking at the boss model,

i got tips from guildies to look for special blue effect on the area where there will be dmg, which helped tremendously, also you might think that 500k is worthless but consider that u can dodge it atleast 15+ times in a fight and i think it can crit, so quite a huge dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Oh okay, great. There was a DK spell that was broken in 5.0.5 (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123693) that was causing this, but it should be fixed in 5.1. What happened was the target would face the DK for a split second after casting that spell, which in this case caused the Arc to turn towards the DK.
    Could be, but our only DK is on add tank duty, far away from both bosses and AFAIK he doesn't use that talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Just look for the animation the boss has. I see a lot of people having trouble with this, and I don't understand. It's extremely simple to dodge. Honestly, 500k isn't the biggest thing, but it does help overall. I would aim to dodge all of them. As an Enhance Shaman, I have access to Ghost Wolf form + Spirit Walk, which makes my life a lot easier in terms of dodging.

I say just practice it on LFR (What I personally did), and understand what the radius of the actual strike will be.
    Whatever you do, do NOT look at the animation. That's misleading as all hell. What you want to look for are these blue slashes/arcs that the boss does at the start of the animation. That will show you what side he is doing his combo on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never had problems with animation misleading me... I'm sure there are many ways of doing it .
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

The only reliable way to get good at combos are to practice them, really. Queue for LFR and keep trying. Zoom your camera all the way out, position your camera so that you're looking directly down upon your character, watch the blue slash graphics and learn what they mean.

To get a bit of a head start, find a tank's perspective of the fight on youtube. If you're anywhere near decent at paying attention, you should be able to figure out the area of effect for each of his attacks. They're all really simple and incredibly obvious. After that, go practice in LFR.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Whatever you do, do NOT look at the animation. That's misleading as all hell. What you want to look for are these blue slashes/arcs that the boss does at the start of the animation. That will show you what side he is doing his combo on.
    I imagine that they were referring to the slashes as a part of the animation, especially since they are animated.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Just look for the animation the boss has. I see a lot of people having trouble with this, and I don't understand. It's extremely simple to dodge.
    When I finally realized they have that whooshy animation it was a total game changer. It's actually really hard to notice especially if you're melee, because it's like halfway up the body but you're trying to watch the hands and the floor etc (which I never got to work). Plus all those goddamn spell effects that are always cluttering up your screen. Helps to use that macro thingy that lets you zoom out twice as far as normal too.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-12-03 at 01:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This was just on our first attempts, so mind the people failing all over the place.