Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    As a presumed result of this BS loot system in LFR & Sha, I have not sucessfully downed any normal mode bosses in raids. I have gone with several different guilds, not even pugs, and they can't kill ANYTHING. I can only assume this is due in part to having mediocre gear due to the LFR loot system and also because honestly normal mode is just harder than it used to be.
    The 10s of 1000s of players who killed all normal modes in blues (indeed, before LFR was even available) want to speak to you. Dont pin lacklustre ability on the inability to get welfare epics, its ridiculous

Deleted
    Last week 17 bosses:
    1 sigil of power ( i dont even know why im still getting this when i got 12,as far as I know if you want to buy another gem is 10k gold for Wration,isnt it? If I collect 20 more i get another free gem?)
    1 sigil of wisdom (yay!!)
    1 trinket i already have

The main problem i have with RNG are weapons.Blizzard stated "they have to be careful" because it means a huge dps increase what traduced means "Weapons are the carrot on the stick".

With the rest of slots got no problems,if youre unlucky you got crafted,you got BoE,you got Valor...multiple options is RNG hits you hard.

Regarding weapons 3 options(2h str):

1% on mogushan palace ( i stopped counting on the 30+ run...)
    Elegon (no luck on every reset spended every coin).
    Sha of fear (just opened last week,1 try 0 weapons).

But well,this is how it works as always...well have to keep on pursuing the carrot and hoping my Karma Counter finally reach the point

15+ Year Old Account
    About 20 LFR bosses killed, ~10 loot, but... what is this sigil thing? Ah I see, must start a quest to get it...
    Last edited by Zka; 2012-11-30 at 11:31 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    About 20 LFR bosses killed, ~10 loot, but... what is this sigil thing?
    You don't have the quest do you? Head to Wrathion he will give you a legendary quest to collect 10 sigils in MSV and 10 sigils in HoF; These sigils then combine into a 500+ Stat gem that goes into a sha touched weapon

Deleted
    This and previous week = NO loot whatsoever, did all LFRs except for first MSV part. I got a lot of sigils though, 2 on first week HOF LFR (3 bosses), 4 on following full HOF LFR, 3 prev week HOF LFR and last one from normal mode boss (I killed total of 9 norm bosses in HoF, 4x Vizjer, 3x Bladelord, 1x Garalon and Wind Lord)

Loot doesn't matter a lot for my main at this point (490 item level) but the main pain is weapon which just refuses to drop. I coin all weapon bosses (normal Will, LFR Lei Shi and NM Lei Shi), still stuck with 463 (471 now) blue quality gun. Rest is full epic 489-502. Even got the legendary gem, with no hope of seeing sha touched weap anytime soon (4 possible drops for my class off LFR loot system Lei Shi AND gigantic 1/17 regular NM drop chance for the gun in 10-man raid)

And the guy that can't kill anything normal... well, it's not that hard, at least not MgV. Basic stuff, stack-unstack, switch to X, dodge shit on floor. People killed some bosses in MgV with some green items still equipped on week one, in extreme cases even some DS HC items (like i416 DPS trinkets from Spine HC which were better than 470 Brewfest piece of shit DPS trinket)
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2012-11-30 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    What sucks is I was usually top dps
    I find it interesting how ≃90% of the player base tops the meters

my worst streak was 42 bosses without loot. 1 piece of loot per 10 kills is pretty good in my view lol.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    RNG is RNG. Assuming every roll is a 10% chance for loot, there's around a 1 in 3 chance you will not have received loot after 10 bosses
    Your way of thinking is that it is a cumulative chance. The 15% chance per boss is just that, per boss and does not change at all so remains a 15% chance for each and every boss.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

In the last 20 bosses ive killed ive gotten 5 sigils of power, no wisdom no loot. This wouldnt bother me so much if i wasnt currently at 13 sigils of power, stuck on 5 wisdom.

The loot doesnt bother me as much...the quest items a bit more so. you would think that a boss that has a chance to drop both types of sigils could give the one you dont have since they are obviously determined seperately then the regular roll and they are quest items, so i really shouldnt be getting more once ive hit the limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've killed sha every week since release and have yet to get anything but gold, i have even done him on 2 characters some weeks still no luck

My worst streak was 33 bosses without loot.
    Plus, for melee dps, weapon is VERY important. I am still stuck with a 463

No weapon and a few useless gear after 2 months,
    Account Status: Cancelled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

so basically you want a guaranteed chance for a weapon after a while or something?
    if you're not raiding normals/heroic and dont want to pvp what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Your way of thinking is that it is a cumulative chance. The 15% chance per boss is just that, per boss and does not change at all so remains a 15% chance for each and every boss.
    Sigh, I knew this was bound to happen.

Your chance at getting loot from any individual boss is 15%. That said, you can predict your odds of getting loot over X number of bosses.

Here's the easy way to imagine it: if you flip a coin 100 times, are your odds* of getting just one head 50%? Of course not. So why would you suggest that with a 10% drop rate your odds of getting loot from 10 bosses is also 10%?

The funny part is, mishtuhbull is right. If you have A% chance of winning loot, and you do sometimes B times, where B=100/A (example, 10% chance 10 times), the chance of success is around 65%.

This does not mean that you're guaranteed loot ever, of course. But that's what I consider the unlucky break point (even though you would think it's 50%, there's always variation around 50%).

Of course, the real problem is that people don't consider the entire history when discussing their luck. "No drops in the last 10 rolls at 10%" seems unlucky, until you expand it that since the opening of LFR they've done it 50 times and have had 5 drops.

And we all have the tendency to consider unnecessary drops as a non-drop (thanks, Elegon!), which skews perception of how lucky or unlucky you are anyway.

TL, DR: Odds are, you're not looking at the right odds

*The correct word to use with percentages is "probability", but odds is faster to type.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Could've upgraded it with JP.

Of course, as I've said elsewhere, an hour spent improving your ability with the class is worth more than all the VP upgrades combined.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I've got 3 pieces of loot from LFR so far.....3 of the same off-hand that I can't use because I don't have a suitable main hand.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL LUCKY

my mage has used 12 bonus rolls done LFR every week except one, my paladin has done LFR for 5 weeks and used 6 bonus rolls, i have killed sha about 12 times between my characters

and i have yet to get any loot except one on my mage

aka i have over 70 rolls and only 1 item SO I DON:T WANT TO Hear from anyone about omg i cna;t get loot cause i literally have gotten none since this expansion started, my mage only got to do the bug place cause of buying crafted epics and valor points.

also my mages first run through the bug raid, another mage got loot off every boss *3 bosses*

i honestly want the loot drama back form old system because I ATLEAST GOT LOOT EVEN IF IT WAS NINJA SOME OF THE TIME!
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2012-11-30 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    RNG is RNG. Assuming every roll is a 10% chance for loot, there's around a 1 in 3 chance you will not have received loot after 10 bosses
    The chance is 4/25, just like LFR was before the loot change.
    No loot for ten bosses = (21/25)^10, which is about 17.5%.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last ID Lei Shen's Final Orders drop from LFR Will of the Emperor as first loot. I use a coin and guess what drops as second loot... I think they should tweak the system a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was ilvl 460 and only doing MV LFR, I got 1 thing in 2 weeks and then the following week I picked up 5 things on 6 bosses (did use coins). RNG is RNG but hang in there, everyone gets lucky some times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Just wanted to vent, I did 9 LFR bosses and Sha of Anger this reset, used 2 fortune coins and all I got was 285g. I've been doing Sha since September and not one loot from him.
    I know that feel. Clearing HoF and Terrace on normal and LFR every week and finally I'm up to 9/10 sigils of wisdom... Haven't gotten a sha touched weapon yet so I guess it doesn't matter anyway

3 bosses, 3 pieces of loot and 3 sigils. No coins used!