Shan'ka & going 2h frost over DW frost

Currently I'm fairly content with doing my dual wield masterfrost spec. I got the weapon off Un'sok from LFR and I got the klaxxi exalted 1h sword, dealing fairly good dps among the top of my guild on the majority of raid encounters.

My character is named Ferb off the EU region, level 90 death knight Order of the Silverflame. (488 Ilvl is due to upgraded items that armory doesn't seem to take into consideration. Upgrades items is legs 2/2, and both trinkets 1/2).

Yesterday during Terrace of Endless Springs LFR I did Sha and obviously I was hoping for Kil'rak Jaw of Terror, but I wasn't in luck. Instead I stumbled across Shan'ka, and it put me in a bit of a dillema. I'm currently faced with the idea of possibly trying out 2h frost which is a setup I have never ever played. It would require me to do all my carefully laid out reforging all over (Yes I don't use sites to map my reforging, simply don't trust them enough ) from mastery into haste, which isn't really so bad but it's still a lot of work for a testrun with a weapon I essentially won't be able to dish out the same dps with.

So I ask you fellow DK's on MMO champion, am I better off sticking to what I know with DW masterfrost with the two weapons I have which essentially isn't better combined than what I can get out of Shan'ka, in a spec I have zero experience with?

Please help

Ps: Mind you I don't have the legendary gem yet, I still need 4 sigils of wisdom........ stupid droprates, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't because it required you to reforge I'd say do dungeons to get familiar, but as it stands I'd say go for DW untill you get (atleast) a 489 or a legendary gem for your Shin'ka.
    Then again I don't have access to Simcraft while at school, so I can't run any sims.

I was planning on doing some reforging to test it out on dummies for a while with both specs in comparison. But like stated, it's a lot of work to do for something that essentially won't benefit me at all. The gem is probably a little while away, but sadly so are all 489 / 496 weapons since my guild is still progressing on Garalon, and Starshatter is like a needle in a haystack for us, seen one single drop that went to a paladin out of 5-6 kills.

But I guess I can safely assume if I manage to stuff the gem into the shan'ka, then by all means I should be rocking that weapon? Are those gems possible to get repeatedly by the way after you complete them a 1st time?

Normal Starshatter > LFR Shinka even with legendary gem. See here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Starshatter

However, LFR Shinka with legendary gem should beat out 483 1H + 463 OH.

You can get a 2nd gem for 10k gold, so feel free to gem a LFR Shinka or Kil'rak.

But what about shin'ka without the gem, will that still beat a 483 1H + 463 OH? Yes I read the one with Starshatter vs Shin'ka though that obviously didn't get me where I wanted in my search :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    Currently I'm fairly content with doing my dual wield masterfrost spec. I got the weapon off Un'sok from LFR and I got the klaxxi exalted 1h sword, dealing fairly good dps among the top of my guild on the majority of raid encounters.

My character is named Ferb off the EU region, level 90 death knight Order of the Silverflame. (488 Ilvl is due to upgraded items that armory doesn't seem to take into consideration. Upgrades items is legs 2/2, and both trinkets 1/2).

Yesterday during Terrace of Endless Springs LFR I did Sha and obviously I was hoping for Kil'rak Jaw of Terror, but I wasn't in luck. Instead I stumbled across Shan'ka, and it put me in a bit of a dillema. I'm currently faced with the idea of possibly trying out 2h frost which is a setup I have never ever played. It would require me to do all my carefully laid out reforging all over (Yes I don't use sites to map my reforging, simply don't trust them enough ) from mastery into haste, which isn't really so bad but it's still a lot of work for a testrun with a weapon I essentially won't be able to dish out the same dps with.

So I ask you fellow DK's on MMO champion, am I better off sticking to what I know with DW masterfrost with the two weapons I have which essentially isn't better combined than what I can get out of Shan'ka, in a spec I have zero experience with?

Please help

Ps: Mind you I don't have the legendary gem yet, I still need 4 sigils of wisdom........ stupid droprates, lol.
    Just download the reforgelite addon. All you have to do is input the relative weights of all your secondary stats (yes this requires a simulation) and you have your reforges done in less than 10 seconds. You can even designate an acceptable range for capable stats (i.e., 2550< expertise<2570) It accounts for all of your gems and enchants as well. The addon actually does the reforge for you; you just press "reforge" on the output window and bam. Done. The calculations done by the program are faster, more efficient and more accurate than yours.

Reforgelite is amazing, yeah. Strongly recommend it.

2H will sim higher, but thats just single-targets. I would probably stick with DW until you get the 500 str gem. At that point the difference will be too high to stick with DW.