10+ Year Old Account

Any other games out there with something like Affliction Warlock?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any games out there that have classes similar to Affliction Warlock (the way it used to be). I am considering leaving WoW. The only reason I have stayed so long is the Warlock class and specifically Affliction. I enjoy the other specs too but with what they've done to Afflic I just kind of lost my passion.

I know people will rage @ me but I really don't care for PvE and I don't understand why anyone does. I try to be open minded but that's just something I don't understand and I can't help it. That said, I do dabble in PvE sometimes and my dps has always been exceptional, some times even comparable to world of logs rankings, and I don't even use any addons like DBM and shit (I use Quartz, Gladius and BG Targets only). Frankly though, I am so confused as to why so many people think it's "fine". Yes the pve dps is outstanding but wow, It's so boring I can hardly bare it.

I really only care about PvP and the Affliction Warlock it used to be. I like summoning demons and having drains and damage over time spells. It was a really good spec for so many years and it actually required skill to go above and beyond. Now, I feel I am forced to play Demonology for arenas and even though it's pretty decent in the state of the game right now I feel it's also very boring and not much skill involved. All you have to do (all there really is to do) is coordinate with your teammates when you're ready to do your 2 minute burst sequence and cc like crazy then hit 3-4 buttons and that's that, win or lose.

I could go on and on about this but in short, I have just really lost my passion for the game which is/was Affliction Warlock PvP and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other games out there that have similar classes or similar mechanics.

Rift's mage: Necromancer/Warlock is right there.

or Rift's Cleric: Cabalist/Inquisitor/Defiler.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Madness Spec'd Sith Inquisitor in SWTOR is pretty similar however more closer to a shadow priest. The PVP is a joke though and you'd probably get frustrated coming form wow's PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been kind of thinking about trying Rift. How's pvp balance? What about item storage/player housing? I miss UO.

Rift DoT damage is pretty low, i wouldn't say it's comparable to old aff/sl/sl

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I miss UO.
    I quit WoW for the 2nd time last month. First was on the launch of cataclysm when rogues outhealed my dots as Affliction, now because affliction is shit once again in pvp...

I, as you, only play to pvp and don't see the point or fun in pve, and I've tried Rift and left 1 month later.

What you said there though, is heartbreaking, UO was the best... hands down, sign up for Ultima Forever, which will launch soon, rumours say it will be nice... we can only hope...

Deleted
    SWTOR Sith Sorceror has some extremely Affliction-esque playing styles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Rift's Cleric: Cabalist/Inquisitor/Defiler.
    Which I played.

RIFT uses the multi-class system which is terrific as you can tailor a built how you like to play. Like something a Shadow Priest has (like channel spells) and like something a Warlock has...there's your Inquisitor. Cabalist is terrific for doing massive AoEs. It was a riot in PvP and world bosses with 10000000001 adds.

Got so sick of WoW taking away AoEs and made darn sure to get a full AoE spec -- not a DoT AoE -- direct massive AoE crunches...thump, thump, thump!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."