Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I actually have nothing against making it illegal to be a asshole, but I don't know if sending him to jail will help in rectifying his behavior.
    Yea i can't see 29 days changing a damn thing, he's going to be doing the same ol' shit when he gets out im sure.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Great example for his son. Personally a sentence of standing on the side of the road with a large Packard reading "I mock handicap people in front of my son" would be more fitting. What a disgusting excuse for a father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Great example for his son. Personally a sentence of standing on the side of the road with a large Packard reading "I mock handicap people in front of my son" would be more fitting. What a disgusting excuse for a father.
    Maybe we should make him sew a scarlet D on all his shirts to show everyone he's a douchebag, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The guy is a douche and all but honestly I'm more angered by the injustice done to him by putting him in jail. He hasn't done any of the things he's charged with, he didn't behave "menacing" under the legal definition nor was it disorderly, it was just, rude and generally not nice. He deserves our scorn, not a prison cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Physical violence is directly measurable and unmistakable.
    I disagree

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    Yea i can't see 29 days changing a damn thing, he's going to be doing the same ol' shit when he gets out im sure.
    He's been publically humiliated, similar to the girl he publically mocked. If people feel nothing but sympathy for him because he was put in jail for it then it was all for nothing. I hope it wasn't.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    but it is. that's exactly what it is. it's why you grew up hearing "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"
    Words never hurt you? Guess you've never heard any words that were hurtful enough then.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I disagree
    A videotape of physical violence displays somebody being hit. A videotape of 'verbal violence' displays somebody saying something to somebody, it doesn't tell you if they've been 'hit'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Words never hurt you? Guess you've never heard any words that were hurtful enough then.
    It's an expression. It's basically used to tell somebody that their insults are pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    A videotape of physical violence displays somebody being hit. A videotape of 'verbal violence' displays somebody saying something to somebody, it doesn't tell you if they've been 'hit'.
    Videotapes can be edited...
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

the dude's actions were pretty shitty, and them coming from a 43 year old is just mind boggling. i dont know about jail though... maybe they could slap him about the face with a trout in public or something

Videotapes can be edited...
    Being able to falsify data does not make that data immeasurable.

Deleted
    What a load of crap. Yeah, the guy was being a prick, but c'mon the ramifications of this on his life could be enormous. A prison sentence looks terrible on your record, he could lose his job over this. Where is the line going to be drawn? People take the piss out of each other and have a laugh at other people's expense all the time, is it against the law now to "be a big meanie"? Absolute joke, the judge who gave the sentence and the woman who thought it'd be a good idea to bring this to court ought to be ashamed of themselves, they've made an example of, and potentially ruined the life of, an innocent man who's guilty of nothing more than being a bit mean which, last I checked, wasn't a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Well I hope he gets raped in jail so his ass gets destroyed.
    Anyone else agree? what an asshole.

A videotape of physical violence displays somebody being hit.
    sorry bergtau, couldnt help it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTU2bjEWDcg

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to falsify data does not make that data immeasurable.
    What if I punch someone in a friendly manner? It shows physical violence, clearly, but it doesn't tell you if someone was actually "hit" or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I punch someone in a friendly manner? It shows physical violence, clearly, but it doesn't tell you if someone was actually "hit" or not.
    Pretty obvious if it's in a friendly manner.. You don't punch your friends full force in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Except he didn't swing his fist.

As I said, he's a fucking asshole but you don't get to be arrested for freedom of speech.
    I disagree, freedom of speech does not give you the right to persecute and infringe upon the rights of others. He is welcome to mock the disabled, but it's not acceptable to do so in public. That girl has the right to live in society without fear of being mocked and ostracised. It falls under disorderly conduct and the guy got a judge who clearly felt a sentence was needed, good for him I say.

That's your risk to take. If you cause somebody harm in a non-subjective manner and they decide to go after you, that sucks for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Pretty obvious if it's in a friendly manner.. You don't punch your friends full force in the face.
    Physical violence can be done to a person without that person having any measurable effect of said physical violence. If I push someone away then that can be considered physical assault, if the circumstances dictate it to be so, but there won't be any physical trauma inflicted to that persons body.

Even if it's in a friendly manner, if they wanted to call it physical assault then it wouldn't take much for a judge to see it that way. People are saying that verbal abuse isn't similar to physical abuse because it doesn't have any measurable effect or do any actual harm to the person receiving it, yet physical assault can be considered assault without it actually having any measurable effect or doing any physical harm either.

Let's use a hypothetical case; If I flicked someones ear and didn't do it hard enough to do any damage, and they turned around and punched me, could they plead self-defense or say that they didn't initiate the assault if I decided to press assault charges?
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-11-30 at 01:50 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Physical violence can be done to a person without that person having any measurable effect of said physical violence. If I push someone away then that can be considered physical assault, if the circumstances dictate it to be so, but there won't be any physical trauma inflicted in that persons body.
    Good luck proving the assault and getting anywhere with it.