Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This guy is damn lucky that she wasn't my daughter. He would have gotten a knock on the door and a broken hip to go with it. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me. My children are sacred to me and anyone that fucks with them gets to feel my wrath. Am I a bully? Not at all. I love my kids that much. flame on

Quote Originally Posted by wfredlund View Post
    This guy is damn lucky that she wasn't my daughter. He would have gotten a knock on the door and a broken hip to go with it. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me. My children are sacred to me and anyone that fucks with them gets to feel my wrath. Am I a bully? Not at all. I love my kids that much. flame on
    A broken hip sounds sorta random. Also if you love your kids that much you would do something that would take yourself away from them? Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    A broken hip sounds sorta random. Also if you love your kids that much you would do something that would take yourself away from them? Eh?
    Random is random. Also, they have jail visits and I have a wife that will gladly take care of them while I serve my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    That's not freedom of speech though... Freedom of speech doesn't cover everything, you're still not allowed to threaten, mock or otherwise insult other people...
    In the UNITED STATES

Threaten, no, mock and insult, yes. If what you say is true, then all comedians everywhere will be instantly out of work.

I have the freedom to call people names, the freedom to tell you that your religion is nothing more then the worship of a plaster statue. You have the right to do the same to me. I can make fun of you, I can make fun of your house. You have the right to do the same to me.

The man was a asshole, sing it Dennis Leary, he is being thrown in jail on a straight up BULLSHIT charge that is made up by the people in charge to keep you and I under their thumb.

Post his picture all over the place with what he did, but never jail time for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Nobody deserves respect unless they earn it. Respect is not something you get by the virtue of being born.
    I don't think anyone is asking you to have sex with someone.

Wow, yeah, this shows the power of love and he power of complete and utter stupidity. Two very powerful forces.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 07:44 PM ----------

William Bailey reportedly said he was reacting to name-calling and taunts directed at his son by the Knight family.

So they can abuse him with words but if he abuses them by mocking her limp he deserves to go to jail. Your judges are cwaaaazee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmillia View Post
    That girl deserves respect. Everyone does. This asshole is mocking her and deserves a jail sentence.

Telling someone to "Grow a pair" or "toughing up" is immature and selffish. Plain and simple.

Bullying is something we need to crack down on. It gets you detention or suspentions at school. It needs to get you jail time in the real world. If bullying leads to suicide, it needs to be treated as murder. Life in prison.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but people need to realize they don't have the right to say whatever they want. They don't have the right to treat people like shit.

The law freedom of speech protects the media from censorship by the government. The concept freedom of speech protects your opinions and your right to express those opinions. It does not protect your right to bully someone. It's about time we all take a stand against bullying. At school, online, in the real world, in the workplace. It needs to be dealt with. It's a crime. Verbal assault. And needs to be dealt with as a crime.
    whos to say whats opinion and whats bullying? I fully understand the effects of bullying since i had to deal with it almost my whole life even through the military, But that doesnt mean that i think any of those people deserve jail time? Except when things got physical, But simply jailing people over saying shit or imitating others? Come the fuck on. Whos going to say where it stops, whos going to define exactly bullying or are we going to have people who get butthurt over one small comment crying to the cops? If someone wants to commit suicide then let them, one less weak person we have to deal with as a race. I have no respect for people who take the cowards way out of life, Becuase no matter how much your life sucks or how shity it is someone less fortunate than you is dealing with that and worse and tuffing through it.

People now adays are just weak minded and willed and its showing more and more in our society. Pretty soon going by thise news story you wont be able to say anything that offends someone less they call the cops, We will be going down the same road as the demolition man movie where people get fined over saying FUCK and ASS and SHIT, just becuase someone else gets butthurt over it.

You can say telling people to nutt the fuck up and get over it is immature but in the end i will be going on with my life ignoring those who " verbally bully " me and accomplishing shit while the whiney people who cry about it waste thiers and everyone else's time bitching and moaning.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:07 PM ----------

see right there you could be charged under the same laws that the guy got thrown in jail under, isnt that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    whos to say whats opinion and whats bullying? I fully understand the effects of bullying since i had to deal with it almost my whole life even through the military, But that doesnt mean that i think any of those people deserve jail time? Except when things got physical, But simply jailing people over saying shit or imitating others? Come the fuck on. Whos going to say where it stops, whos going to define exactly bullying or are we going to have people who get butthurt over one small comment crying to the cops? If someone wants to commit suicide then let them, one less weak person we have to deal with as a race. I have no respect for people who take the cowards way out of life, Becuase no matter how much your life sucks or how shity it is someone less fortunate than you is dealing with that and worse and tuffing through it.

People now adays are just weak minded and willed and its showing more and more in our society. Pretty soon going by thise news story you wont be able to say anything that offends someone less they call the cops, We will be going down the same road as the demolition man movie where people get fined over saying FUCK and ASS and SHIT, just becuase someone else gets butthurt over it.

You can say telling people to nutt the fuck up and get over it is immature but in the end i will be going on with my life ignoring those who " verbally bully " me and accomplishing shit while the whiney people who cry about it waste thiers and everyone else's time bitching and moaning.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:07 PM ----------

see right there you could be charged under the same laws that the guy got thrown in jail under, isnt that fair?
    Sorry to keep doing this but you seem to have posted a few times on this and have quite a strong opinion. The article headline is wrong, he did not go to jail for that imitation in the video he went to jail for threatening to choke the mother with a chain.

Seems like the guy was making fun of the way she walked. Now Obviously that SHOULD be unacceptable adult behavior in terms of decency but a court case and jail time? Every part of me wants to side with the court but... it just seems that such childish behavior from an adult should just be ignored. So my condolences to the poor girl but I don't see how its a court case. I need to lie down this hurt my brains

I think community service would be more in line but I can see merit the judges decision. When does just being kind of a dick cross the line into harassment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    The man was a asshole, sing it Dennis Leary, he is being thrown in jail on a straight up BULLSHIT charge that is made up by the people in charge to keep you and I under their thumb.
    Riiiight, the 'man' threw this guy in jail to keep us under their thumb. Of course, why the fuck didn't I see it before?

Or, perhaps, they threw him in jail because he had threatened to strangle to death this girl's mother earlier, and the judge tacked on this charge just to teach him a lesson about acting like a shit eating douchebag?

Learn to read before you spout off your conspiracy BULLSHIT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I feel like people are being way too emotional about this. They see the truly abhorrent behavior of the father and want vengeance. While I think this guy is a piece of human wreckage, jail time is insane. I support free speech not because I think all speech is valid (I'm sorry, mocking a handicapped child is not a valid use of free speech), but because protecting all speech allows us to live life like the imperfect human beings we are. It protects us from looking over our shoulder after everything we say.

I'm pretty sure most of us who use this forum have insulted one another at some point. What if we could be jailed for the things we said? Where do we draw the line? Are we going to start having people suing their neighbors left and right because someone insulted someone else? If adults have an issue, you talk it out. If that doesn't work, you write the person off and move on with your life. In this case, the adults should have come to a reasonable solution that didn't involve the law. Believe it or not, approaching conflict from a place a calmness diffuses anger. If the child's parents couldn't convince the father to stop insulting their child, then they could have taken it up with the school board. Don't get me wrong, a man who mocks a handicapped child is an absolute bastard, but jailing him sets a very dangerous precedent for everyone.
    Actually you're right. I change my point of view to this. Though a fine would have been good without the jail time, just the fine. That would have at least made him think twice about doing it again.

It's overkill in a free country, but I won't fight it too much for this specific example. He was being an absolute jerk, and a month prison is fairly short, as far as prison sentences go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Except he didn't swing his fist.

As I said, he's a fucking asshole but you don't get to be arrested for freedom of speech.
    Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can act like a retarded , insulting others . He got what he deserved . I'm sick and tired of jackasses and retards .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, jail time for this? That is ridiculous. The guy is stupid, and probably deserved a fine, but not jail time. Jails are overflowing as it is, and there are actual criminals out there that should be locked up, not an idiot who chooses to use his mouth in a bad fashion.

Besides, as an American, I don't want to see the day the writers of Family Guy/South Park/every other show get arrested just because they say things that others find to be in bad taste.

disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing can carry a jail sentience if the judge decides it is appropriate. god bless that judge...

Huh.

Fewer people need to be in jail. That's a fact. Sending people to jail for minor things is just stupid.

Sure, he's an asshole. But there are assholes everywhere. Do we send them all to jail? Do we send the person who makes fun of my weight to jail, or the person mocking my glasses or taste in music? How about people who put screamers and disgusting pictures on forums or facebook? Where do we draw the line?

Community service and better education is the answer. And telling people to toughen up and stop being such victims all the time would help as well - because bullies love a victim.

Not to mention this kind of goes against freedom of speech. People are free to be assholes, and we're all free to tell them to go fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can act like a retarded , insulting others . He got what he deserved . I'm sick and tired of jackasses and retards .
    especially when its probably gonna cause violence in the form of someone coming and kicking your sorry self up and down the street for acting in such a way.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

As I said, he's a fucking asshole but you don't get to be arrested for freedom of speech.

It isnt free speech. Free speech does not apply when folks go out and make total assholes out of themself. disorderly conduct is a crime in most places.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    While I don't agree with what he did, how was he doing anything against the law?

The guy is a fucking asshole but I fail to see how he did anything illegal.
    Canton (Ohio) Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing, the Associated Press reported.

Canton (Ohio) Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing

William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing

reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing

misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing

disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 01:56 AM ----------

You clearly don't know what "Freedom of Speech" actually means.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015