[Fire] Fire mage and mastery

So now with heroic gear, soft cap haste met and high amounts of crit, is mastery worth reforging into? or is going more haste the way to go?
    I ask this because i see some mages in top guilds going for alot of haste even after the cap and ignoring mastery and i see some going for mastery.
    What are your thoughts on this since i havent been able to find a proper discussion on mastery for fire mages yet on the forums.

Sim it, but generally speaking, still haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest checking the top parsers on WoL and compare.

Also, it's just possible that Haste dominates on single target and mastery is better where cleave is possible, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I'd suggest checking the top parsers on WoL and compare.

Also, it's just possible that Haste dominates on single target and mastery is better where cleave is possible, but I'm not sure.
    This was certainly true during Cataclysm when we could spread to more targets. Even in multi-target sims though, Haste has still been winning so far. (Not sure with the Combustion changes)

Now, the argument could also be made that Mastery will increase your burst damage, since it will buff your Combustion past a haste threshold. However, I don't think it's enough to outweigh the overall loss of Haste.

Personally have been stacking mastery because I feel soms have been undervaluing it. A sim uses combustion off CD rather than popping trinkets at the right time chaining pyros and waiting for 80k+ ignites, playstyle is a huge factor in stat weights that is often overlooked and can't really be simmed out, though with the recent hotfix to combustion haste might come out on top again, which is a shame, I liked my mad combustion ticks :P