Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Garalon 10 problems

So we finally wrapped up in Mogu'shan this week and knocked blade lord out too. Then comes Garalon and he just kind of hurts really bad. Obviously we had our handful of derps with people learning how to kite the pheromones who never tried it before, but I feel like something is going a bit wrong. Our strategy goes something like this:

-Swap pheromones after every crush, something like 20 stacks give or take.
    -All DPS focus the legs when accessible, tanks try to deal with the obnoxious ones.
    -Our H Pally runs with the tanks and the pheromones kiter while our monk tries to keep the raid up.

We keep having trouble with people being killed right after the later crushes, be it the kiter or just a dps. The healers were having issues so much that our blood DK actually donned his 4 set tier 13, which certainly helped although apparently not enough. Our dps is without a doubt on the low side and I'm not sure if we'll barely make the berserk but we can't even heal to it. Obviously with a mistweaver and holy paladin we are short on crush CDs, even with our brewmaster helping as much as he can. Here's tonight's logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jx...ses&boss=63667 any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

3 heal it since its tuned for 3. Make healers dps when damage is low. Especially at the beginning with lust!

If healing is a problem, you should rather swap right before/right after the crushes at around 14-15 stacks. And 3 healers could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    If healing is a problem, you should rather swap right before/right after the crushes at around 14-15 stacks. And 3 healers could help.
    this. 20 stacks is a lot for 2 healers to heal through.
    also some classes shouldn't really bother running all the way to some legs, only if they're near by. double dot though!

I'm kind of surprised you guys are saying 3 heal it :O I'd imagine it'd be way easier to heal since if our shaman went resto he'd have so many more CDs. I guess we'll give it a go, though, and see where we end up berserk-wise, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanden View Post
    -Swap pheromones after every crush, something like 20 stacks give or take.
    Swap before crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
    3 heal it since its tuned for 3. Make healers dps when damage is low. Especially at the beginning with lust!
    W\o warrior and\or rogue this fight has pretty tough berserk timer even with 2 healers.

Rather use 1 tank and a plate or rogue soaker than 2 healing. Enrage should not be an issue for many tries if you properly execute your strategy and stay alive.

Deleted
    We also have problems on H garalon. We use 2 tanks, 2 healers (holy priest resto shaman). We've had a 0.7% wipe due to a dead dps for half the fight, but we are really inconsistent at pushing >33% due to healers taking pheromone. It seems at around 45% when healers take pheromone and kite, they are out of range of half the raid, and repositioning isn't a possibility due to the boss cleave. We have tried saving cds here but it doesn't seem to be enough. Any suggestions on how to live through the damage when healers have to kite? ty.

It is definitely doable with 3 healers. We had no cleaving melee on our first kill but we made it using 1 tank + a retri soaking. If you don't have ridiculous cleaving DPS, dropping a tank is the way to go on this fight, not a healer like on most other fights.

You can 2 heal too, but unless your healers are geared nicely and are very good, I wouldn't suggest it.

If you aren't seeing too much success, you can also skip him for the week and kill Wind Lord, who is very easy.
    Ashr

Deleted
    make only one of your healers take pheromones and make him take an early pheromone (I suggest third pheromone when things are still calmed, right after the two tanks, and being careful about not taking damage from the furious swipe ability). Switch pheromones at about 14-15. It's also useful for many crushes to bop a healer so that he wont be stunned and will be able to heal the raid (also a holy paladin with his own divine shield). At 33 its a free kill, no crush no panic.

It's very possible to beat the enrage with 2tank 3heal, our kill was about 6:40 with that composition without heavy cleave.
    If you have trouble keeping people up don't switch the pheromones from a healer to healer, use a rotation like this: tank, tank, healer, dps, healer, dps, tank, tank
    Try to swap the pheromones before the crushes, will really help a lot and you don't have to heal through 60k~ ticks and crushes simultaneously.
    Tanks should always kill one leg which isn't in range. Your camp is on the opposite leg so you have 3 legs in range to DPS, try to move that camp with the boss.
    Also I feel you could get about 50k raiddps more if your tanks would deal proper damage. Our tanks are doing 65-75k on this fight which is really needed for this fight

2 heal it or then you need arms warr combat rogue fire mage and huge dps from others. It's 2heal boss.

We did it with 2healers swapped those debuff carriers at 20stacks and we had our healers running it too in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    It's very possible to beat the enrage with 2tank 3heal, our kill was about 6:40 with that composition without heavy cleave.
    If you have trouble keeping people up don't switch the pheromones from a healer to healer, use a rotation like this: tank, tank, healer, dps, healer, dps, tank, tank
    Try to swap the pheromones before the crushes, will really help a lot and you don't have to heal through 60k~ ticks and crushes simultaneously.
    Tanks should always kill one leg which isn't in range. Your camp is on the opposite leg so you have 3 legs in range to DPS, try to move that camp with the boss.
    Also I feel you could get about 50k raiddps more if your tanks would deal proper damage. Our tanks are doing 65-75k on this fight which is really needed for this fight
    Can I see logs please? Not saying that's not possible by any means, but I'd like to see.

Anyway, we've never even considered going 3 heals 1 tank. We've always healed it with a monk and a paladin, both of which don't seem to have any problems with the healing requirements. Probably a better idea to go 1 tank 3 heals if your healers can't handle it.

We switched the pheromones at around 20 stacks, too.

we 3 healed 2 tanked this, entensity- us stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    We also have problems on H garalon. We use 2 tanks, 2 healers (holy priest resto shaman). We've had a 0.7% wipe due to a dead dps for half the fight, but we are really inconsistent at pushing >33% due to healers taking pheromone. It seems at around 45% when healers take pheromone and kite, they are out of range of half the raid, and repositioning isn't a possibility due to the boss cleave. We have tried saving cds here but it doesn't seem to be enough. Any suggestions on how to live through the damage when healers have to kite? ty.
    Make 10 man rotation and set healers for 2 phase. We kited 20-20-20-15-20-15-20-(here starts phase 2) 15-healer #1 20- healer #2 20

Deleted
    Ok thanks for the reply. We have a 10 man rotation, and the healers are last, but i think our problem is we are always swapping at 15 stacks. We'll go to 20 every time and see how that works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Can I see logs please? Not saying that's not possible by any means, but I'd like to see.

Anyway, we've never even considered going 3 heals 1 tank. We've always healed it with a monk and a paladin, both of which don't seem to have any problems with the healing requirements. Probably a better idea to go 1 tank 3 heals if your healers can't handle it.

We switched the pheromones at around 20 stacks, too.
    We also killed it this week (2nd kill for us) after 6:39. Our first kill the ID before was much closer (7:00). In both kills we used 2 tanks, 5 DPS and 3 healers.

h t t p:/ /worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zu9f2i8i7dr6uhuw/sum/damageDone/?s=12158&e=12558

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Guys!

Garalon is next on our list. My plan for him was:

- Feral + Blood DK Tanks in DPS Gear (388+)
    - 3 Heal, Disc+Druid+Shaman
    - Cat, Fury Warri, Combat Rogue, Affli WL, Fire Mage for DPS
    - Kiting: Tank - Tank - Resto Druid - Mage - Warlock --> Repeat
    - Changing Tank Debuffs at 20, rest at 15 stacks

Is that feasible? Or might we run into Problems this way?

Also I have 4 questions:

- Does the boss melee the tank in p2? Or does he just cleave at everything that is in front of him, w/o target?
    - Does the crush come on a specific timer in heroic mode? I read above its better to switch bevore the crush? (on normal the crush only comes when you switch debuffs)
    - In p2, does the boss still crush?
    - When is the best time to lust? At the start, with HoTF Druids?

Thanks alot for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post

- Does the boss melee the tank in p2? Or does he just cleave at everything that is in front of him, w/o target?
    - Does the crush come on a specific timer in heroic mode? I read above its better to switch bevore the crush? (on normal the crush only comes when you switch debuffs)

We ended up killing it with 3 healers/1 tank with our rogue soaking. Since you also have a rogue it might be worth a try having one of your tanks go DPS and having your rogue up with the tank. The boss will melee a tank as well as cleave in P2, but there's no need to tank swap or move the boss at that point. The crush is on a timer (I'd like to say 30s?) and we found it much easier to swap about 2-3s before the crush than after. He won't crush in p2, so you pretty much only have to worry about someone kiting the pheremones for the rest of the fight. We heroed right at the start with all of our CDs and 4 legs to smash. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Hey Guys!

Garalon is next on our list. My plan for him was:

- Feral + Blood DK Tanks in DPS Gear (388+)
    - 3 Heal, Disc+Druid+Shaman
    - Cat, Fury Warri, Combat Rogue, Affli WL, Fire Mage for DPS
    - Kiting: Tank - Tank - Resto Druid - Mage - Warlock --> Repeat
    - Changing Tank Debuffs at 20, rest at 15 stacks

Is that feasible? Or might we run into Problems this way?

Also I have 4 questions:

You are not able to kite using only 5 people, the debuff lasts for 4 minutes, and the stacks come every other second. You will need to use at least 8? players to rotate. We used everyone, and then skipped the first person (tank) the second round. So 1st through 10th then 2nd again.

Also, using 2 tanks and 3 healers, enrage might be a problem. You could try using your fury war or rogue to soak the cleaves together with one tank instead of using two tanks.

To answer your questions
    1. Boss both melees the tank and uses the same abilities as earlier. If two players fail to stand in the cleave in front of him, he gains fury like usual.
    2. The crush comes on a specific timer, yes, approximately once during every person kiting, so around once every 30 seconds or so.
    3. In phase 2, the boss still crushes and uses all the same abliities as earlier.
    4. Some lust at the start, and some do it at the end. We used it in the last 20%.
    Last edited by damz2969; 2012-12-03 at 01:07 PM.