Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I forget how useless it is to type anything with ppl like you around.

As i stated, in case you might bother reading, those are all things we CAN do IF needed. Doesnt mean you have to be a turd and use PoM on cooldown as a SP, nor does it mean you have to optimize your position for the highest possible healing. It does, however, mean we CAN do it if shit hits the fan.

If you personally prefer cheesing dmg staring into nothingness hoping for the best ignoring your raids situation I aint judging, play as you wish.
    The fact remains we can with quite little effort (imo throwing a pom, gripping, using a gcd for void shift/ popping VE isnt exactly a great effort nor dps loss) help out the raid quite a lot, which is ä, again in my opinion, nice.

We are more than qualified for multiple 25 heroics, ie Elegon, Will of the Emperor and Sha to mention a few "easily" toppable.

If you want to start comparing the healing a shadowpriest does while spamming pom and renew vs an ele shamans chainheal spammin you are however very lost.

you are literally retarded if you think that spriest in-spec healing is anywhere close to warlock healthstones, especially on tanks.

also, spriests are nowhere near the top on will or sha, just elegon, and that's just because we are forcefed twist of fate for the whole fight. the top dps for sha are doing 140k+, and the top spriests are mostly between 110-120k. on 10 man with fewer adds perhaps a spriest can keep up, but when you have more adds, warlocks being able to spread all their dots in one global per target, and then teleport back into the light wedge dominates.

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    ^
    Think this is a troll?
    I think his main is a mage or warlock.

Main reason blizzard cant buff spriests dmg is coz then they'll be too op in pvp. They just need to figure out wich spell to buff without affecting pvp too much.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-12-14 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Lol i'm laughing hard because i'm watching at my last night healing done recount as a warlock while there are some brainless chickens here that keeps invoking the hybrid tax (wich for casters is there, gg blizzard) because a s.priest can heal if he wants.
    A quick look through top logs on WoL shows shadow priests outhealing warlocks by a large margin, typically 4-5 times. Doing 4.5M (or even 6.75M) with healthstones in a 25 man raid isn't that amazing, I get better numbers than that in 10 man while doing a normal dps rotation.

I have pulled over 20k hps in LFR and outhealed some of the actual healers (I don't run 25m normal or heroic so can't compare there), I've never seen a warlock come even close to that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    healstones from warlocks doesnt reflect on the healing for them on world of logs, and all shadowpriest heals does...u cant compare the level of skills on a LFR where healers are undergeared, full pvp or just afk to a normal raid..

going back to the topic i agree that blizzard should give us empowered shadow back and maybe darkarchangel but with restrictions for pvp, maybe reducing overall damage but empowered shadow being affected by spell power and not pvp power
    Last edited by Washuwa; 2012-12-14 at 09:52 PM.

they seem to be fine with having cooldown related spells working differently in pvp and pve, what with the recent changes to HfB and mages.

Care to link? i'm sitting at WoL and i can't find any logs where Shadow healing can outperform by 5 times Warlocks accounting healthstones as well.

Most of the top parses show me some huge 2M healing thru VE. Didn't look for bosses with amplified damage mechanics like elegon.

I seriously don't think u can out heal that. And btw, regular self heal from locks is better.

So a warlock is a pure dps with 3 viable choices, have tons of self heal and can provide a quite strong AoE healing cd; everything combined with top notch numbers.
    Now, weather its better or worse then S.Priest, how could u think is this fair?

Hybrid tax invoking again? Gimme a break.Give me at least some scaling druing bloodlust when i play shadow, i really can't stand the way it is now in pve, its a goddamn overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Care to link? i'm sitting at WoL and i can't find any logs where Shadow healing can outperform by 5 times Warlocks accounting healthstones as well.
    It does have a direct correlation to your DPS so that is probably why.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

even then... if you use VE, it's unlikely that every single person in the raid that gets hit with it needs it or they will die. i've saved my life, and my raid, several times through the use of healthstones on me or my alt (tank for our alt raid). the closest thing to this is voidshift, which is much harder to use on an encounter-to-encounter basis due to the requirement that the casting priest's health needs to be fairly high, and you need to be in range of the tank (which on some fights is not always the case). it's just ridiculous.

also, another thing that pisses me off is the warlock soak/death saver. it's stronger than dispersion, *and* they can continue casting while they use it. you can even survive the garalon enrage stomp with it, while continuing to channel drain soul.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2012-12-15 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It does have a direct correlation to your DPS so that is probably why.
    Thinking the same, that's the why i didn't look for Elegon parses, i take VE healing for granted there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true, skilled spriests can't beat even mediocre players on most fights. Try Cascade on Tsulong though!

A week ago i kinda abondoned my shadowpriest, the spec is probably the most boring and easiest spec in the entire game.. I have my lock as main now, and before you called me a FOTM or something, i ain't. Shadowpriest is destroyed beacause you are not rewarded of how good you play. Im not saying im a pro, but as lock you'll pretty have to pay attention to alot more things than a shadowpriest.

They'll have to make som bigger changes to this spec really, this is currently shit..

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    A week ago i kinda abondoned my shadowpriest, the spec is probably the most boring and easiest spec in the entire game.. I have my lock as main now, and before you called me a FOTM or something, i ain't. Shadowpriest is destroyed beacause you are not rewarded of how good you play. Im not saying im a pro, but as lock you'll pretty have to pay attention to alot more things than a shadowpriest.

They'll have to make som bigger changes to this spec really, this is currently shit..
    I disagree.
    It is true, that the current state is shit.
    But dealing good - great DPS as a Shadowpriest is hella much harder and skillfull than doing so with a Warlock.
    And there is a big difference between a good SP, and a bad one

Imo atleast....carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I disagree.
    It is true, that the current state is shit.
    But dealing good - great DPS as a Shadowpriest is hella much harder and skillfull than doing so with a Warlock.
    And there is a big difference between a good SP, and a bad one

Imo atleast....carry on!
    Please eleborate!

First of all the orbs system is totally skilless compared to locks shard system.. You only use DP when u have 3 orbs, or if you have 2, mb is on cd and boss is at 1% . Without DI you can only regenerate 1 orb per 8 sec(single target bosses), which leads to using mb on cooldown, simple and skilless.. We have one long CD - shadowfiend, which aswell is so simple to just click it on cooldown to maximize dps, compared to lets say locks dark soul. This way the spec is just so pretictable.. If you would play a patchwerk boss i would say an average spriest will get the same dps (give or take 1000 or so) on a 100 kills, given no gear upgrades. I would say the spec is balanced in a way that it's not any rng, but it's just so boooring and easy..

A skilled shadowpriest vs a lock with same skill would be outdpsed by the lock yes, since ye locks just do better dps.

But my point is that i think there's a larger gap between skilled locks and bad locks than there is with a bad shadowpriest and a skilled one.
    Last edited by actiwe; 2012-12-15 at 06:18 PM.

there's also a gap between mediocre/bad locks and good/phenomenal shadowpriests. look at how few of the top 25 shadow logs on a per fight basis on world of logs are top dps in their raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me wants to abandon my SPriest, but I've been playing him since BC. Don't think I can do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    there's also a gap between mediocre/bad locks and good/phenomenal shadowpriests. look at how few of the top 25 shadow logs on a per fight basis on world of logs are top dps in their raid.
    ....there are few top spriest parses that are top dps in their raid because the spec is inferior.

I'm just saying. Squeezing out a few extra thousand (or even hundred sometimes) will take more effort from a Shadowpriest, than from a Warlock.
    Same skill level, same ilvl.
    That's how I've felt atleast, when playing the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I'm just saying. Squeezing out a few extra thousand (or even hundred sometimes) will take more effort from a Shadowpriest, than from a Warlock.
    Same skill level, same ilvl.
    That's how I've felt atleast, when playing the two.
    This is all very true. Anyone saying differently doesn't want to admit that it takes more skill to be a good Shadowpriest than it does to be a Warlock. Plain and simple.