Thread: LFR mod

15+ Year Old Account

LFR mod

So did blizzard break all the LFR mods? I was looking for a current version of Raidfinderfix, but I am unable to find one.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So did blizzard break all the LFR mods? I was looking for a current version of Raidfinderfix, but I am unable to find one.
    According to a thread Bashiok was posting on, he stated none of them ever worked. So my guess is yes, they broke them so they wouldn't work anymore because they want you to not be able to see this.

People are claiming a few still work and have worked since 5.1. I hope they break them all to keep people from bogging down queues. Taking partials is far better for the individual and the whole system than queue shopping for hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    People are claiming a few still work and have worked since 5.1. I hope they break them all to keep people from bogging down queues. Taking partials is far better for the individual and the whole system than queue shopping for hours.
    far better for YOU maybe, not for me. speak for yourself. your opinion isn't that of the rest of us.

I am confused why you seem to think you can speak to what is better or not better for me. You can't. Please stop.

This is a terrible change. I would be alright with it if you were guaranteed (100%) to get a fresh run once you killed the last boss but you are not you are simply prioritized which means jack. This is not a huge issue anymore as most guilds are 1 shooting every boss but next tier it will suck because I'm sure we'll have similar bosses to Garalon.

sorry but how is joining a grp at garalon thats wiped on him for 30 mins and wiping for another 30 minuets good for me and the system?

It's better in the only objective way to measure it: queue times and VP acquisition. The change has already had a dramatic, positive effect. Groups always refill in ~1m rather than 5m+ in some cases. Queue times were shorter for me this week because thousands of people aren't passing the buck on partial runs, delaying queues for everyone else. You get VP more efficiently by taking the first queue, partial or not, for obvious reasons, even if you have to queue twice to complete it.

If you don't want to start partly through an instance, that's totally cool. You can leave and wait 30m before you waste the time of 24 other people again. I hope they break every one of these addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Option A:
    30 mins queue - get 2/3, cancel
    30 mins re-queue get fresh run, spend 1 hour killing bosses
    Total time spent: 2 hours

Option B:
    30 mins queue - get 2/3, join and spend 20 mins killing 1 boss
    30 mins requeue - get fresh, join and spend 40 mins killing 2 bosses
    Total time spent: 2 hours

Option c:
    30 min queue, get 2/3, cancel
    30 min requeue, get 1/3, cancel
    30 min requeue, get fresh, spend 1 hour killing 3 bosses
    Total time spent: 2 hours 30 min

Numbers invented to show a point.

Any way you look at it, cancelling out will never be productive.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sorry but how is joining a grp at garalon thats wiped on him for 30 mins and wiping for another 30 minuets good for me and the system?
    I'm sorry, but how many times has this happened since they nerfed him to the ground? You only need 1 competent person to kite pheremones now, tanks to stand in front of the boss most of the time, and people to stay out of the purple circle most of the time.

Also, you're just as likely to get a fail group when you take a fresh queue as you are when taking a partial. People leave for many reasons, the least of which is a fail group. The majority of them leave simply because they've already killed the next boss due to the domino effect when people leave.

Deleted
    The fact that the removal of the x/3 causes a large amount of complaints says enough imho. People were using the system already in place in a way that they liked and now with it gone, they'd like it back.
    I personally prefer to do ONE LFR and kill all of it in that one go, but for those times where that doesn't happen for whatever reason, I'd like to be able to requeue until I get the last boss(es) that I need.

Before : I waited for a 0/3 queue and did 3/3
    Now : I get a 2/3 queue, then requeue and do 1/3 and leave.

See - no net improvement in the group dynamic, just a pain in the butt for me having to queue and enter two groups.

I'm sorry, but how many times has this happened since they nerfed him to the ground? You only need 1 competent person to kite pheremones now, tanks to stand in front of the boss most of the time, and people to stay out of the purple circle most of the time.

Also, you're just as likely to get a fail group when you take a fresh queue as you are when taking a partial. People leave for many reasons, the least of which is a fail group. The majority of them leave simply because they've already killed the next boss due to the domino effect when people leave.
    to me twice to 4 times most of the fails i still see are due to people being unable to say away from underneath the boss

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    to me twice to 4 times most of the fails i still see are due to people being unable to say away from underneath the boss
    They put a cooldown on Crush and it doesn't stun now. I highly doubt that caused multiple wipes. You can also see who is activating it and kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    far better for YOU maybe, not for me. speak for yourself. your opinion isn't that of the rest of us.
    You kite it then if you're so damn pro. There's 20 cap on the debuff after all nerfs so single person can do it fine. Zero wipes once you join the group. Unless you're the weakest link.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    QueueSPy still works.

15+ Year Old Account
    They put a cooldown on Crush and it doesn't stun now. I highly doubt that caused multiple wipes. You can also see who is activating it and kick them.
    I did HoF lfr 4 times(1 main, 3 alts) this week, 3 of those times I joined to groups that had been wiping on garalon multiple times. The really bad part is that if some idiot that gets rezzed where the boss spawns after a wipe, will restart the encounter again. So either way you look at it, the new system is pretty bad, but the other system before wasn't perfect either.

I enjoy playing my alts, but I will be playing them alot less because of this change to lfr. Unless they revert the change or someone puts up a mod that works around this. The official forums are starting to fill up with more and more posts about people quitting because of the lfr change. I won't quit, but I will probably only log on for my main raids now the way things are going.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    QueueSPy still works.
    Can't find this mod anywhere. Curse doesn't have it up anymore, and wowinterface says it not longer works.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger