Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Bolvar was also a paladin.
    lol It didn't show from the lack of spells and self heals during fighting Plus, a true pally would have bubbled before the dragons arrived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being the Jailor of the Damned is likely a much more long-term project than your expecting it to be. He isn't organizing them into some effective fighting force, hes holding them, essentially, in stasis in Northrend. I doubt we will ever see Bolvar Foredragon again. His story, and that of the Lich King, is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

It only makes sense that he returns.

The only reason we don't hear about the Lich King is because Bolvar has a very strong mind that can fight the Lich will, which Arthas couldn't. It is a question of time until it's broken and we see the best of the Lich King yet.

Surely they won't repeat the same ideas in his return, they will change it in a way that feels new and thrilling. Because this new impersonation is born in fire I imagine a new Lich King that uses that element instead of ice.

The Lich King has become a very important part of Warcraft Lore. A key piece of it and they won't let it go. In that long future, when WoW starts to really show signs of death, they will do everything they can to keep it up and a new Lich King will make all us return to the game like crazy.

I've always wondered if there is any connection between "Bolvar" and Yogg-Saron. Maybe that wasn't Bolvar that took the helm, maybe it was an illusion made by Yogg-Saron (like that woman with Thorim).

I would find it interesting if he was brought back during an invasion of Azeroth by the Burning Legion on a massively grand scale. Essentially have Bolvar further eliminate the Scourge threat by sending them after the Legion on the front lines. Reduce the Legion's numbers in the invasion and reduce the Scourge from being a future threat at the same time.

However, it's still far too soon to be bringing Lich King back into the plot in my opinion. They need to keep moving forward with new lore, not lame attempts to shoehorn Warcraft 3 back into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Essentially have Bolvar further eliminate the Scourge threat by sending them after the Legion on the front lines. Reduce the Legion's numbers in the invasion and reduce the Scourge from being a future threat at the same time.
    It would be Andorhal all over again. Not only are you fighting the scourge, and the threat, but also the opposing faction. At any given moment it would be a 3 on 1 scenario, which is fine for me cause I roll Tankadin and Guardian Druid, but I can just see some clothies and leathers getting jacked up in the process and then BAM... 50 new threads on the first day lol

Isn't it partially dependent on what happened to Ner'Zhul's spirit after the ol', fabled Lich King Switcheroo?

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Isn't it partially dependent on what happened to Ner'Zhul's spirit after the ol', fabled Lich King Switcheroo?
    Guessing it prolly got jacked up since Bolvar was loaded with the Light.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    His story, and that of the Lich King, is over.
    If that was the case would it not be easier to just kill Arthas and have the Scourge disband and fall apart because of it?

Them having "must be a Lich King" seems like it was done to keep it as a story-hook for some future point
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    If that was the case would it not be easier to just kill Arthas and have the Scourge disband and fall apart because of it?

Them having "must be a Lich King" seems like it was done to keep it as a story-hook for some future point
    Well, it seemed kind of clear that the end fight wouldn't just be about the Lich King dying and everything turning good for everyone. Since a large theme of the game was about the player going headlong into death, following Arthas' footsteps to finally end up in the Lich KIng's hands.

They then just turn it on its head as he explains in a long ass monologue during the fight about how he was "testing" us this entire time. Then, Jack Spa *cough* I mean Tirion helps to kill Davy Jon- *cough* I mean, The Lich King and instead of taking the power upon himself, like what Arthas did, Will Tur- *cough* BOLVAR! takes it instead as an uneeded sacrifice and blah blah blah, The scourge always needs a captain blah.

God, I really hope Blizz fired whoever they had on their writing staff that came up with this bullshit idea for him. Bolvar just needs to stay locked up in his block of ice and never come back. Now, I wouldn't mind if Darion and the Ebon Blade ever came back, but I doubt that will ever happen either.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well as to "the Lich King was only testing us"

It was probably done to solve some gameplay problems.
    For one it gave a reason as to how the Horde and Alliance, could stand up against the Scourge, one of the most deadliest forces on Azeroth
    It also gave a reason as to why the x-pac takes place in Northrend, as to why if the Scourge if such a powerful force, why does the foghting take place on the Scourge home turf
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

It took Blizzard 3 expansions to remake Ragnaros as an end boss, so many the next expansion will be WoTLK 2.0 and feature another ICC with Bolvar as the end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I tend not to trust anything that died and came back to life, and when I saw him convince the other guy to give him the helm of the liche king I didn't once think that he was sacrificing himself for the betterment of us all, I saw him making a power grab. He told them to tell everyone the liche king is dead and Bolvar died with him because he needed time to 'hibernate' and collect the liche kings power. He may well return if the game goes on that long, if we are talking about 1 more expansion then no. If we are talking 2 then maybe, but 3 expansions and I would say definately.
    Pretty sure if you dig through blizzard blue posts to, a year or two ago, they stood firm with saying the level cap is going to hit 100 and thats it, presuming if they keep to that, were looking at either a huge expac after mop, that goes 90-100, or were looking at two expacs to 95 and 100

My guess would be two expansions, when the 2nd one end raid is finished, thats when were going to start to see advertisement 12 months down the line for titan
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    God i hope not, that would ruin the Lich Kings story if they did that.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    lol It didn't show from the lack of spells and self heals during fighting Plus, a true pally would have bubbled before the dragons arrived.
    Haha yeah he didn't do anything to show or insinuate that he was one that I can think of. I only know he's a paladin because Saurfang refers to him as "the paladin".
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Haha yeah he didn't do anything to show or insinuate that he was one that I can think of. I only know he's a paladin because Saurfang refers to him as "the paladin".
    Ether way I love to see those two videos from time to time. I loved doing Angrathar Wrath Gate and will still fly by the dragon and ask him to tell me "what happened here" just to see the video again

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    If Bolvar ever re-enters the story it'll have to be more interesting than 'oh dear, he's evil now, have some zombies.'

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    He will probably return in one form or another, but most likely not in the near future. Maybe WC4 or in 3 or 4 expansions.
    I'm betting Bolvar will be the "scourge" side faction leader of WCIV... I doubt they'll break of the Forasaken/Sylvanas from the Horde just for WCIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Probably not. He is the jailor, still, but I don't see a reason to bring him back. That threat is over. Time to move on!

Time to move on? To pandas? No thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I doubt we will ever see Bolvar Foredragon again. His story, and that of the Lich King, is over.
    ...and so was Kil'jaeden's in WCIII

...and so was Deathwing's in WCII

...and so was Malfurion's in WCIII

...and so was Nefarion in WoW Vanilla...

...and so was Ragnaros in WoW Vanilla...

...and so was Illidan's in WCIII...

...and so was Illidan's AGAIN in Burning Crusade... (Metzen already strongly hinted he's coming back)

...and, lastly, so was Chen Stormstout's in WCIII :P

They'll resurrect/bring back anybody and anyTHING just for the sake of story.

I mean, why would Blizz go through the trouble of creating a reason for there always to be a Lich King if you didn't ever plan on revisiting the Lich King? Why didn't they just let Bolvar die and have us kill the LK and be done with it?