Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Lightbulb Blizzard Registers "Project Blackstone" Domaine

As the title says, and here is the article - http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...domain-6400836

Thoughts?

Most likely setting up for the Diablo 3 expansion or possibly the name for the D3 PvP patch.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that is straight up D3 material and It's obvious too haha

They wouldn't register a separate website for the D3 expansion, or a single patch. Anything to do with D3 would go on their already established D3 website, similarly to anything SC2 or WoW related.

How curious. Definitely something to be keeping an eye on, at any rate. Thanks for passing on the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Most likely setting up for the Diablo 3 expansion or possibly the name for the D3 PvP patch.
    PROJECT doesn't look as expansion. It's either the PvP patch, or the steampunk new MMO, known as Project Titan.

Deleted
    sequel to blackthorne !

Deleted
    More likely Titan than anything.

Deleted
    Going by the name I would guess it is something Diablo related, on the other hand it's unusual for Blizzard to register any "project" for an expansion or patch. I guess time will tell. Thanks for sharing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    sequel to blackthorne !
    That was my first thought as well.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Oh that is straight up D3 material and It's obvious too haha
    ...not when you attach the word "project" to it... that's decidedly very NON-Diablo 3.

I'm actually thinking it might be a reinvention of their Blackthorn franchise.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    PROJECT doesn't look as expansion. It's either the PvP patch, or the steampunk new MMO, known as Project Titan.
    FYI - Blackthorn was a Steampunk/Cyberpunk style world. Just saying. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-11-30 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    It's what I thought as well. Probably the D3 expansion. Will be looking forward to it in eh, 2015 or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    When did Titan become steampunk? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    When did Titan become steampunk? o.O
    It's just a rumor... people combined the FPS rumor and merged it with the recent Steampunk revival going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That was my first thought as well.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:55 PM ----------

...not when you attach the word "project" to it... that's decidedly very NON-Diablo 3.

I'm actually thinking it might be a reinvention of their Blackthorn franchise.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:57 PM ----------

FYI - Blackthorn was a Steampunk/Cyberpunk style world. Just saying. :P
    orcs with shotguns, beat that!
    i would add a little more variety to humans tho other than long metalhead-style hair lol.
    sarlac was a boss tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a rumor... people combined the FPS rumor and merged it with the recent Steampunk revival going on.
    Is the rumor based on the pictures of one of the artists who has a personal steampunk project?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling they will announce what it is next Blizzcon as there won't be any other new releases at that time for them that we've heard of.

World of Warcraft is already steampunk (submarines, zeppelins, steam tanks, shredders, etc.), so the genre being "modern" is unlikely to have much effect on future Blizzard releases.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Is the rumor based on the pictures of one of the artists who has a personal steampunk project?
    It's still just a rumor... and, as you say, that was his PERSONAL project. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I get the feeling they will announce what it is next Blizzcon as there won't be any other new releases at that time for them that we've heard of.
    Except D3 expansion. There is no reason not to make one. And possibly revealing next WoW Expansion aswell.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 06:04 PM ----------

It's still just a rumor... and, as you say, that was his PERSONAL project. :P
    Yea.. I wouldn't count Titan being a personal project of a guy who joined Blizzard as late as 2009... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    If this ends up being Titan... then my theory that if MoP didn't do very well, they would push Titan up front to establish a new cash-cow to help suplement and announce it at this Blizzcon is coming true.

Deleted
    i think blizzard have done this with wow patches in the past, but its very rare. my bet goes to something diablo related,