Thread: Spirit kings HC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spirit kings HC

Is it even possible with Meng as the second boss? It seems that when Zian is active, maddening shout is an auto-wipe, because MC'd players can't interrupt casts, and everyone has to stand close to break the MC.
    Is there a way around it, because currently it seems that incorrect order is the only thing stopping us from closer attempts.

Deleted
    It is possible, either have a fast tank (druid) or ask for mass movespeed stuff and kite Qiang around the outside of the room avoiding all slashes whilst range nuke it down, meanwhile some melee are on the boss to interupt, others run behind Qiang to kill him faster. Breaking MC shouldn't really be a problem if u do a few instant spells on the far away people.

Just reset when it's meng, why torture yourself when zian/subtei are thousands of times easier.

Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    because MC'd players can't interrupt casts, and everyone has to stand close to break the MC.
    Don't quote me on this, but I'm 99% sure you can interrupt Zian even when under the effects of Maddening Shout.

Sure, the encounter does becomes harder (how much harder really depends on your group's awareness) if you have Meng second, but there's nothing in there that can mechanically guarantee a wipe.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

It is possible, either have a fast tank (druid) or ask for mass movespeed stuff and kite Qiang around the outside of the room avoiding all slashes whilst range nuke it down, meanwhile some melee are on the boss to interupt, others run behind Qiang to kill him faster. Breaking MC shouldn't really be a problem if u do a few instant spells on the far away people.
    I think you got it all wrong, I wasn't talking about Qiang->Meng transition (which is easy, especially with 2 tanks :3.. monks solo tank his cleave with no problems).
    The problem for us is killing Zian (shadow guy) after Meng was active - we can't interrupt his casts (our shaman actually tried to, and couldn't), and we have to stay close together to break MC. Spreading out probably won't work either, because players will get fairly low in MC and shadow bolt takes away like half HP. Tbh I haven't tried interrupting because I use spinning kick thing, but the boss shows as friendly, no?
    Last edited by d07RiV; 2012-11-30 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Just reset when it's meng, why torture yourself when zian/subtei are thousands of times easier.
    Yea just reset when Meng comes up second. Meng last is many times easier than the other combos.

Deleted
    I was just saying, any setup of boss spawns is possible, you either just have to work around it, or reset it until you get the best possible setup.

They should have done an elite mode with that crap. It's already that way, just need to give better gear if you do it the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    They should have done an elite mode with that crap. It's already that way, just need to give better gear if you do it the hard way.
    I don't see why not since the principle is the same the same; kill the bosses in a different order and it becomes harder. They'd need to make it possible for the raid to choose, though, which boss comes next.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    I thought Meng 2nd or even 3rd if Zian was 2nd was close to impossible but the last times when we have tried I've noticed that we always fail because of bad play, never because it's some impossible combo of abilities.

I'm pretty sure I have interrupted Zian during Maddening (think their nameplate is yellow but I can still hit them) and you could actually single target people down instead of stacking up if Zian just shielded himself.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it pretty funny that they set the order to Subetai->Zian->Meng in that "race" event - which is pretty much admitting that RNG can really mess things up - and yet did nothing of the sorts on live server. Yeah, sure, given enough gear, it's technically "possible" to do Meng second. Except dealing with Maddening Shout for 6+ minutes is far more annoying than Pillage. I mean, seriously, who balanced those skills - Subetai 'special' is laughable and even skulls aren't all that bad.

I guess they pretty much decided that it isn't that big of a deal at this point and people will just overgear it and kill with any combo. It's still retarded - it clearly doesn't take much to adjust it and it would make the boss far less annoying to deal with.

We definitely used to wipe when Meng was chosen second while we were progressing. This week we just decided to go with it and killed it no problem (25m). I would still suggest you wipe if it comes up though, it's not worth wasting 10 minutes just to wipe to enrage if you aren't sure you have the dps (requires much more dps to break people and kill shadows vs. nothing with Subetai second).

We got him to 7.4% grrr. For 40 mins we had nothing but Meng 2nd. Pull, reset, pull, reset, pull, reset.

Resetting is worse than wiping at this point. Horribly annoying.

Deleted
    I've been thinking about this aswell, isn't the thing with all combos are doable just some of them makes it really hard the same thing as Imperial Vizier hc, you can do him no matter if he goes left or right but they changed it to only be one way because the other was so much harder (if I recall correctly from some top guild only problem was you got massive dps issues)

Would love to see a video with Meng / Zian 2nd.

Is possible however I don't know why you'd bother - Just reset it with a lock/monk/warrior. We'll pull - if Subetei isn't second we reset it. Takes 1 min to rebuff/reset in case anyone died and will most likely save you time in the long run.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We reset if subetai isn't second as well. With 5.1 they made the wall come later so you can all easily run out and reset it.

Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    I think you got it all wrong, I wasn't talking about Qiang->Meng transition (which is easy, especially with 2 tanks :3.. monks solo tank his cleave with no problems).
    The problem for us is killing Zian (shadow guy) after Meng was active - we can't interrupt his casts (our shaman actually tried to, and couldn't), and we have to stay close together to break MC. Spreading out probably won't work either, because players will get fairly low in MC and shadow bolt takes away like half HP. Tbh I haven't tried interrupting because I use spinning kick thing, but the boss shows as friendly, no?
    If you can't interrupt, to solve this stay spread, as soon as maddening is about to go off stack, have something to break everyone out fast like crane kick / halo and spread out again

Meng before Subetai is pretty much a wipe IMO cause you are gonna get Rain of Arrows + Maddening Shout at some point and half the raid is going to get pinned.

Deleted
    How many tanks on this fight in 10-man?

I wanted to go with 3 healers and 2 tanks... however one tank would be used for only 30% of the fight... how viable is it to use one tank instead (a paladin ;/ not best, I know)

Deleted
    1 tank 2 healers on 10 man