Deleted

New Protection Paladin Youtube video

Hey guys,

a couple of weeks ago i posted on the forums about an older video guide of mine about protection paladins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv5bM9F2Mns

Then great people from here viewed and gave me great feed back!
    So here is my new video guide for patch 5.1 even thou there isnt any major changes in 5.1 for protection paladins, it was mainly done to fix the mistakes that i made in my older video.

So again i would like to ask if you could view my video and comment here in the thread or on the video to give your views on how i did and how i can improve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH5z4bWYXgA

i am new to the whole youtubing thing so any help will mean alot

Thanks

here is the new forging video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r88-wDU-NVA
    Last edited by mmoc3d485f66f6; 2012-11-30 at 10:21 PM. Reason: additional informaiton

Deleted
    Is it just me or was there some really abysmal frame overlapping in the video?

You still explain very basic things anyone can read on the forums in less time that you take to explain them, and that's not what the point of a video guide is...
    To make a good video, you need to explain thoroughly, but compactly. Usually editing and voiceovering it afterwards is the way to go for making class guides that aren't awfully long and boring, and that's what I think you should try next time.

Aside from the frame overlapping, at least it had correct information this time, so a turn for the better.

Deleted
    Yeah i know :/ i dont know why it did that.

I think i might take the video down and try again. But thank you for your feedback and at least im in the right direction. ^^

also what would you think about splitting the video in 2? one for reforging and one for geming?

Deleted
    No. Please do a longer (10 minute or something) video instead, covering all aspects of tanking as a protection paladin. If I had an alt I didn't know much about, I wouldn't want to go through 10 different videos that each last a minute to know everything.

Rather, again, just compile everything into a single 10 minute video. If you can thoroughly compile everything that there is about paladin tanking (ofc not very indepth math or anything) into 10 minutes, that's what a good video guide is.

Practice makes perfect, keep going and you'll improve.

Deleted
    Well i know that doing rotation, reforging and geming wont fit in a 10min video. with that in mind i am going to make 3 videos with annotations to each other. Since i have looked at peoples videos in the past that did the same thing and it was very successful since u know the whole video contains the information you need/want.
    i also fixed the frame issue that i had in the last video. here is a link to the reforging video thats just around a 1.30mins long but contains all the information people want for reforging, yeah its pretty short lol the next video will b the geming one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r88-wDU-NVA

Deleted
    Easily will if you edit the video in any way, think about what you're going to say, practice doing it and don't tell what haste and mastery do again and again and again and again and... again.

Please, making a proper plan on how you're going to start with the guide and transition from a thing to another will get you a long way.

And just a heads-up, don't do things the way a random IGN guy does them, some of the guides they make are absolutely horrible and annoying to navigate through.

Deleted
    Just not very good, if u want good guide, learn from this guy youtube.com/watch?v=sOJkUxDwhcQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagsis View Post
    Just not very good, if u want good guide, learn from this guy youtube.com/watch?v=sOJkUxDwhcQ
    Preachs videos are ok, but I find him extremely annoying. He also doesn't sometimes know stuff in and out which might cause some little missteps, but if you want to be lazy with a guide Preach will be the guy to look up to. He definetely does the best unedited videos, but there's a lot to improve on his side as well.

Unfortunately Kripparrian has taken down his 4.0 survival hunter guide, which was probably one of the best guides that have been made. Some of his older other guides are nice as well, but nothing comparable.