Growing kind of sick and tired of Fury.

Yesterday we did Feng on normal, 10 man.

I was doing piss-poor DPS and I think I actually noticed a 10+ streak of non BT crits, which means I can do absolutely nothing. I was struggling to keep up 60k DPS.

And the funny thing is that I've noticed since like 2-3 weeks that these very 'rare' RNG occurrences of BT or CS not critting for several times in a row, are happening way more frequently.

This could just be my bad luck.

But what eventually happened is that we hit sub 20%, execute phase for me and I was able to catch up again.

That's just bad class design coupled with what is supposedly bad RNG.

This is my armory > http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okung/advanced

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All was fine and dandy 2 weeks ago when my gear was like 10 ilvl's lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Yesterday we did Feng on normal, 10 man.

I was doing piss-poor DPS and I think I actually noticed a 10+ streak of non BT crits, which means I can do absolutely nothing. I was struggling to keep up 60k DPS.

And the funny thing is that I've noticed since like 2-3 weeks that these very 'rare' RNG occurrences of BT or CS not critting for several times in a row, are happening way more frequently.

This could just be my bad luck.

But what eventually happened is that we hit sub 20%, execute phase for me and I was able to catch up again.

That's just bad class design coupled with what is supposedly bad RNG.

This is my armory > http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okung/advanced

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All was fine and dandy 2 weeks ago when my gear was like 10 ilvl's lower.
    RNG can always play a factor. I was curious as to why this one warrior who was more geared then me would always beat me in DPS. I started to look at logs, with us doing the same rotation looking at all the CD's I matched him move for move and would even pull out a few more OP's then him as well, but he had a lot more Crits then me and procced the hell out of TfB. I have more crit % then he does looking at his armory. It just is what it is.

I simply don't like fury this Xpac period, the change to bloodsurge made the spec feel pretty retarded.

So what should they do? Remove RNG and just make us a static rotation ?

I feel your pain, I was having what seem like a terrible RNG night last night, Nothing proc'd or always proc'd at the worst time. It's not fun having one pull start out at 110K and the next pull be down to 85K, but at lest we can always finish strong with Execute

So, you want front end and back end damage? You can't have it both ways. Warriors are really balanced around the fact that at sub 20% we jump up to 250k DPS at the beginning of Execute Phase. I can be 6-7th on my meters and wind up in first at the end of Execute no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    So, you want front end and back end damage?
    No I think he wants to be a bit less reliant on bt/cs crits.
    Anyways I agree that it isn't a design I am personally really happy with but well - not going to change anyways till the next addon.

Deleted
    If you don't like Fury RNG, go Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    If you don't like Fury RNG, go Arms.
    I actually find myself having more downtime in Arms than I do as Fury, or maybe the rage generation is just much more smooth as Fury making me feel that way. And the few times I do not have rage I would just jump out and charge back in. Arms is more fluid than Fury, but of the RNG elements of both specs, Arms is more RNG dependent with TfB only having a 30% chance, and Bloodthirst having, for me at least, a 60~% chance.

But I would to see our damage placement balanced out better. Sure seeing Execute hit for 400k+ at the end is pretty fun, but I would rather be competitive throughout the entire fight instead of lagging behind and shooting up like a rocket once the boss hits 20%.

Deleted
    I do agree that Fury can be frustrating at times, when those BT's just don't proc RB it's very annoying and feels like you're contributing very little compared to the classes with the more static, reliable rotations. But it's give and take with Warriors of both Arms and Fury spec, since we do have one of, if not THE strongest sub 20% rotations in the game.

I suppose just a work around off the top of my head is to increase the Enrage proc chance from BT by a small amount and then shave off some of the damage of Execute so that we're more fluid throughout the fight and still strong, but still balanced when the boss reaches 20%. Or simply have Wild Strike hit harder so when we get the Bloodsurge proc, it doesn't feel like a second rate ability compared to RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    I actually find myself having more downtime in Arms than I do as Fury, or maybe the rage generation is just much more smooth as Fury making me feel that way. And the few times I do not have rage I would just jump out and charge back in. Arms is more fluid than Fury, but of the RNG elements of both specs, Arms is more RNG dependent with TfB only having a 30% chance, and Bloodthirst having, for me at least, a 60~% chance.

But I would to see our damage placement balanced out better. Sure seeing Execute hit for 400k+ at the end is pretty fun, but I would rather be competitive throughout the entire fight instead of lagging behind and shooting up like a rocket once the boss hits 20%.
    You shouldn't have any downtime with Arms at all, most of the abilities for arms don't even cost rage. TfB procs are way less important for Arms than BT crits are for fury.

You are using a haste trinket, haste neck, haste ring and haste legs........and you wonder why you aren't critting that much?

I guess the legs are fine since there aren't many options, you just have to get lucky on the tier drop.

Replace that terrible trinket with the brewery trinket, lei shins or the new 5.1 rep trinket.

Replace your neck with the 483 pvp CRIT neck/Golden Lotus 489 exalted neck/Garalon neck or even the hit/exp neck from 1st boss terrace.

Replace your haste ring with the 483 pvp CRIT ring/Tsulong crit hit ring/Galleon crit exp ring. The crit gain outweighs the str loss.

You are also not using Dancing Steel on your 489 MH, and you are reforging to hit instead of mastery, fix that.

Do everything I said and you should see a dps increase.
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2012-12-01 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    You are using a haste trinket, haste neck, haste ring and haste legs........and you wonder why you aren't critting that much?

I guess the legs are fine since there aren't many options, you just have to get lucky on the tier drop.

Replace that terrible trinket with the brewery trinket, lei shins or the new 5.1 rep trinket.

Replace your neck with the 483 pvp CRIT neck/Golden Lotus 489 exalted neck/Garalon neck or even the hit/exp neck from 1st boss terrace.

Replace your haste ring with the 483 pvp CRIT ring/Tsulong crit hit ring/Galleon crit exp ring. The crit gain outweighs the str loss.

You are also not using Dancing Steel on your 489 MH, and you are reforging to hit instead of mastery, fix that.

Do everything I said and you should see a dps increase.
    All the stuff I'm wearing is the best I could possibly find, I went from blues to epics and I know what itemization I'm looking for.

All the haste would be a problem if there was no reforging and my crit percentage was actually that low. It's not. (We have been missing 5% crit buff a lot lately now that I think of it, don't know how much that accounts for, probably a lot)

I'm working on the 5.1 rep trinket, the jade figurine dropped and I took it on a hunch since I've been using Carbuncle for so long, lines up nicely with BB. If someone could confirm Carbuncle is still better, then I would gladly use it again.

I would replace that ring if any of those options that you mentioned were available to me. Right now if an item has 1 stat I'm interested in I'm happy. I'd pass any of it to off-spec rets or dk's but there's not that much perfectly itemized stuff out there like the Garalon chest.

Btw, I'm usually SMF, almost always really and working on that enchant. The 10% hit is because of melee mostly being 1 or 2 on recount, my 'mastery' won't do me any good anyways until I get my crit rate up some more.

Anyways thanks for the advice, I'm just looking for some more convincing as to why I should make those choices.

If someone can show me with data what I am doing wrong, I'll gladly make adjustments and thank them for it.

We have been missing 5% crit buff a lot lately now that I think of it, don't know how much that accounts for, probably a lot
    Despite maybe some gear choices, that 5% crit buff is a big deal if you miss that in a raid.

I miss that good old Rampage

I'm working on the 5.1 rep trinket, the jade figurine dropped and I took it on a hunch since I've been using Carbuncle for so long, lines up nicely with BB. If someone could confirm Carbuncle is still better, then I would gladly use it again.
    Carbuncle is really better. (you can even upgrade it a little with 1500JP)
    Crit has such a higher value than haste.
    Last edited by Noctus78; 2012-12-01 at 12:35 PM.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>