Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Warlock issue Chaos wave

I think its about time they do something about chaos wave it 1 shotted me and my mate in 2s maby 2s are broken but its about time blizz use the brain becus no class in this game should 1 shot somebody i dont care about getting one shotted by any class in duels but in arenas is too much for me to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaikkz View Post
    I think its about time they do something about chaos wave it 1 shotted me and my mate in 2s maby 2s are broken but its about time blizz use the brain becus no class in this game should 1 shot somebody i dont care about getting one shotted by any class in duels but in arenas is too much for me to handle.
    stop doing 2s in full contenders gear and do some bgs to get gear and u wont get 1 shotted

10+ Year Old Account
    And stop stacking on top of each other, demonology punishes stacking hard.
    Also, chaoswave is fine, it's your own fault for getting hit by it.

222k crit balanced ability

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    And stop stacking on top of each other, demonology punishes stacking hard.
    So what about in RBGs then? Went up against a team with 2xdemos in today, it was almost as pathetic as your 'derp los it even though you're probably CCd' answer.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Even with no gear, what's base resilience up to again?

No way is this ability one-shotting anybody. If you're at 30% health and an ability kills you, that is not a one shot. You may not think it's fair still but it's not a one shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    it is when multiple classes can do more than that in 2 globals, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    This is a massive joke of an argument. Every ability in the game can be avoided, if it were as simply as you imply it to be every single 2500+ arena match nowadays would end up in a draw seeing as all the skilled players wouldn't be able to die ever. You don't play alone, you can't theorize every single possible outcome of an ability without experimentation, you need to factor in a trillion different out-side factors that influence the impact of the ability at hand on the opposing team, etc.

Pragmatically speaking there are times where you simply cannot avoid getting chaos waved. Or even double chaos waved, even with perfect positioning. Not to mention everyone makes mistakes, even the sickest team may eventually stack for 4 seconds and get 2 shot by a demo lock. Yes it would be their fault, still doesn't mean it should ever happen. It's dumb design, even dumber than 5 stack TFB was due to the AoE factor and how often and reliably you can do it (with DS being undispellable now it's even more safe) and everyone with the slightest tact can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    it is when multiple classes can do more than that in 2 globals, yes.
    No, it's not balanced even if every class in the game could do it.

Just because 2-3 classes can oneshot, doesn't make it balanced. Perfect balance would be all classes being perfectly as viable in 3s and all comps being playable. This won't happen all the time 2 classes put together can kill someone in a global.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    how often and reliably you can do it (with DS being undispellable now it's even more safe) and everyone with the slightest tact can see it.
    This is the worst bit for me. You can see a good 2-4, maybe even up to 7 seconds, before you know the Warlock is going to be going for it and yet sometimes there is absolutely NOTHING you can do. Depending on who the warlock is playing with, they can normally reliably force your trinket with their own cooldowns, and have some of them back off again by the time the Warlock is ready to double chaos wave. All it takes is a fear into the open into a stun and you're dead.

100%.

every time.

The only thing you can hope is that they mess up and don't land a CC on your partners and they can stop the warlock inbetween chaos waves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    This is a massive joke of an argument. Every ability in the game can be avoided, if it were as simply as you imply it to be every single 2500+ arena match nowadays would end up in a draw seeing as all the skilled players wouldn't be able to die ever. You don't play alone, you can't theorize every single possible outcome of an ability without experimentation, you need to factor in a trillion different out-side factors that influence the impact of the ability at hand on the opposing team, etc.

Pragmatically speaking there are times where you simply cannot avoid getting chaos waved. Or even double chaos waved, even with perfect positioning. Not to mention everyone makes mistakes, even the sickest team may eventually stack for 4 seconds and get 2 shot by a demo lock. Yes it would be their fault, still doesn't mean it should ever happen. It's dumb design, even dumber than 5 stack TFB was due to the AoE factor and how often and reliably you can do it (with DS being undispellable now it's even more safe) and everyone with the slightest tact can see it.
    Sure, it's a little bit too strong. However, let's not forget that Demo damage outside of Chaos Waves + CD's is rather low. Demo currently spreads Corruption, uses HoG and spams Fel Flame until we have some fury, then we pop everything and go to town. Fury generates VERY slowly and is drained extremely fast. On top of that, Shadowbolt and Soul Fire are painfully long casts in PvP for very little gain. Compare that to a DK who can just eat your face the entire match or a Mage who can put out similar numbers to my Demo Lock every 30 seconds or so. Burst is the only way to win in this game right now and it just happens to be that Demo Warlocks are casters that have instants that hit for a lot. If Demo was a dedicated melee spec, people wouldn't have any problems with this damage as we'd fit right in with the Warriors, DK's, and Rets of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Sure, it's a little bit too strong. However, let's not forget that Demo damage outside of Chaos Waves + CD's is rather low. Demo currently spreads Corruption, uses HoG and spams Fel Flame until we have some fury, then we pop everything and go to town. Fury generates VERY slowly and is drained extremely fast. On top of that, Shadowbolt and Soul Fire are painfully long casts in PvP for very little gain. Compare that to a DK who can just eat your face the entire match or a Mage who can put out similar numbers to my Demo Lock every 30 seconds or so. Burst is the only way to win in this game right now and it just happens to be that Demo Warlocks are casters that have instants that hit for a lot. If Demo was a dedicated melee spec, people wouldn't have any problems with this damage as we'd fit right in with the Warriors, DK's, and Rets of the world.
    go watch Beckinsalex play his lock, and tell me that the damage is okay. He will frequently out damage the combined damage of the other 5 players in the arena, sometimes even double them. This shit is not okay, and needs to go:

http://www.twitch.tv/beckinsalekatee

10+ Year Old Account
    All it takes is a fear into the open into a stun and you're dead.
    If I get feared into the open and put into a stun right after I'm dead against any team with Hunters, Warriors, Mages, DK's, Rets, and Enhance Shamans with their CD's up. The entire game is way too bursty right now and healing is far too strong right now. Let's stop advocating against all of the seemingly OP classes one by one and let's petition for Blizz to fix the entire game. Hunter and Warrior burst got nerfed a little so now you have to move on to Demo? Next it's gonna be Rets with undispellable wings and Enhance Shammies with Ascendance. Then it'll be DK's. The whole burst game is broken.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treviathon View Post
    go watch Beckinsalex play his lock, and tell me that the damage is okay. He will frequently out damage the combined damage of the other 5 players in the arena, sometimes even double them. This shit is not okay, and needs to go:

http://www.twitch.tv/beckinsalekatee
    I agree that the whole thing isn't ok, but how do you propose a fix to this without neutering the entire spec in PvP and nerfing it severely in PvE. Oh and btw, the reason his total damage is so high is because he's rolling Corruptions on the entire team with at least two Doom's out at any given point. It's a lot of damage that doesn't matter a whole lot...at all. If pure damage done was king then Boomkins and Fire Mages would be more viable, but they are not. Why? Because it's all about burst in a 4-5 second window. In that regard, Warlocks are about even with a lot of other classes.

demo locks spend the entire match flopping around like fish out of water and not casting to generate fury.

having corruption rolling on everything generates fury, having your imps out and hitting stuff generates fury, having your wraithguard keeping MS up on the healer generates fury. god forbid you are up against a pet team because then you can just hellfire the pet for fury.

a lock comes out of the gate with 200 fury, they need to generate 40 to get the first chaos waves rolling, that is minuscule, thats like 2 fel flames.

if you think generating fury is a problem then you are sorely mistaken.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

If I get feared into the open and put into a stun right after I'm dead against any team with Hunters, Warriors, Mages, DK's, Rets, and Enhance Shamans with their CD's up. The entire game is way too bursty right now and healing is far too strong right now. Let's stop advocating against all of the seemingly OP classes one by one and let's petition for Blizz to fix the entire game. Hunter and Warrior burst got nerfed a little so now you have to move on to Demo? Next it's gonna be Rets with undispellable wings and Enhance Shammies with Ascendance. Then it'll be DK's. The whole burst game is broken.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:55 PM ----------

I agree that the whole thing isn't ok, but how do you propose a fix to this without neutering the entire spec in PvP and nerfing it severely in PvE. Oh and btw, the reason his total damage is so high is because he's rolling Corruptions on the entire team with at least two Doom's out at any given point. It's a lot of damage that doesn't matter a whole lot...at all. If pure damage done was king then Boomkins and Fire Mages would be more viable, but they are not. Why? Because it's all about burst in a 4-5 second window. In that regard, Warlocks are about even with a lot of other classes.
    Personally I think the ability to roll damage on a whole team, PLUS being able to have retarded burst is broken. By applying constant pressure, it eventually means that someone is gonna end up in a bad position and make a mistake. Its then that he pops his CD's, 100K after 100K on multiple people. What other class can apply constant pressure to an entire team, and setup major burst as well? No one single class can do that. Boomkins and Fire Mages are the way they are because they can't combined huge cross team pressure, with all the awesome defensive CD's a lock has like port, soul harvest, fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    demo locks spend the entire match flopping around like fish out of water and not casting to generate fury.

having corruption rolling on everything generates fury, having your imps out and hitting stuff generates fury, having your wraithguard keeping MS up on the healer generates fury. god forbid you are up against a pet team because then you can just hellfire the pet for fury.

a lock comes out of the gate with 200 fury, they need to generate 40 to get the first chaos waves rolling, that is minuscule, thats like 2 fel flames.

if you think generating fury is a problem then you are sorely mistaken.
    The damage increase from waves is gone if the lock leaves meta before the waves land so it's stupid to open with it, not to mention any decent lock will first use aura with their starter fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post

I play a lock, I am demo, gear isn't fantastic I'll admit (Deadly)

BUT

I really don't know how this is done ......
    Last edited by mmoc3c347a2199; 2012-11-30 at 11:22 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    I play a lock, I am demo, gear isn't fantastic I'll admit (Deadly)

BUT

I really don't know how this is done ......
    I'm thinking you mean Dreadful? Anyways, not sure how good Warlock's base mastery is, but do this:

Get all PVP gear, Malevolent over Dreadful (yeah, I know, obvious).
    Gem for all PVP power pretty much.
    Reforge Mastery?
    Pop that cooldown that gives you like 18,000 Mastery or whatever it is...
    Pop other applicable cooldowns that may help.
    Cast Chaos Wave
    Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I'm thinking you mean Dreadful? Anyways, not sure how good Warlock's base mastery is, but do this:

Get all PVP gear, Malevolent over Dreadful (yeah, I know, obvious).
    Gem for all PVP power pretty much.
    Reforge Mastery?
    Pop that cooldown that gives you like 18,000 Mastery or whatever it is...
    Pop other applicable cooldowns that may help.
    Cast Chaos Wave
    Profit!
    There's a bit more to it than that.

you have to target an enemy first.

sitting around 1.9k rbg rating atm and we keep losing against higher rated teams and they ALL use a setup involving dk(mass grip) 2 locks 1/2 mages. The damage they put out during teamfights is way too high.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2e3ny1l&s=6

Totally fine though. This is not an undergeared or bad warrior.